FE8U - Trainee Emblem 8: An FE8 Hack for the Ewan Fans in the Crowd

I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Hey, really enjoying this so far! Just want to let you know that if you play in easy mode, the chapter 2 tutorial bugs up and freezes the game because Vanessa can’t fly and rescue Ross. It’s fine and we can just play in normal mode, just figured I’d let you know and maybe you can add a disclaimer for people not to play easy mode? Anyway this is super fun I love that this hack is like, silly but also obviously has effort put in!!

3 Likes

Sorry, i’ll do it for next patch if i can remember

1 Like

No worries, just felt like I should let you know!

1 Like

I found a bug. Chapter 10 of Ephraim’s route, in the final turn, the game kinda freezes in the “other phase”. I don’t know if it’s related but the boss also wasn’t there.

1 Like

So I implemented a few QOL patches and I officially broke the game(definitely my fault). But I was wondering if you could add a few to the hack because I’m so used to them from playing others and vanilla is getting so outdated lol I just wanted to add HP bars/effectiveness, Enemy range toggle and a mini mug. Is it possible to do? Btw I’m loving how much effort you put into this and I’m having a blast so far from what I’ve played!

I’ll probably add those for next patch, sorry

1 Like

Cool! Can’t wait! Yeah playing vanilla is hard to do nowadays lol I’m a noob with hacking and don’t wanna mess anything up with adding stuff to your hack. Thanks for the reply as well.

1 Like

I’ve come to a problem in the latest version. On Ephraim mode chapter 10, the game softlocks on the green unit phase on chapter 10 on the final turn. Also the replacement boss doesn’t spawn for whatever reason. I tested this on both mGBA-0.8.4 and VBA-M 2.1.4.

2 Likes

It’s the same bug I found. I’m using my boy on android.

1 Like

I’ll check it out, im sorry

2 Likes

ok, figured it out, cormag’s new position blocked valter’s spot in the cutscene, so valter ended up on beran’s spot. oops!

1 Like

Alright, the new version is out!

• Beran spawns correctly in Chapter 10. This prevents the freeze at the end of Turn 10.
  • L’Arachel and Dozla have been buffed for easier survival.
  • Curate properly promotes to either Troubadour or Cleric.
  • MMB, Range Display, and HP Bars have been added.
  • The Tower’s second floor is now accesible. You still can’t get EXP, but there may be a new item to obtain on the new floor.
4 Likes

Why is this the most amazing thing ever?

GREAT JOB!! I will definitely play it, man this is so awesome, not biased at all by the fact that Ross is my no.1 favorite and Amelia is my 2nd in all of FE.

3 Likes

I must express how much I love this hack for introducing Cavalier Gilliam, Monk Moulder, Mercenary Joshua, Wyvern Tana and Pegasus Cormag to my life. Thank you so much for everyone involved.

3 Likes

I just beat chapter 6 and I’m having a lot of fun! But I think I ran into a small error. I noticed that the unit that joins you at the end of the chapter starts at level 10, but can still gain experience. I looked in FEBuilder and the class seems fine, so I assume the game just doesn’t handle level 10 trainees very well. The same thing will probably happen when I recruit Gerik, so I guess we’ll just call it a feature.

There’s another minor thing that I haven’t tested, but I think there might be an error with Myrrh’s manakete class. While looking in FEBuilder, I noticed that you used the unused class slot “E” for hunter. However, FE8 uses that class’ moving map animations for Myrrh’s map sprite when battle animations are turned off. If you look up “manakete” in FEBuilder you’ll see a patch that lets you change which map sprite is used.

1 Like

ok thx

I remember seeing Neimi’s trainee class still able to gain some experience at level 10 too. I just ignored it and promoted her right away lol

2 Likes

Heyo! Absolutely amazing work on this, congrats! I’m currently on chapter 12 of the Ephraim route and it’s been a blast, though i have seen a couple glitches, and I’d like to point them out, just so you know.

I promoted Cormag into a pegasus knight but whenever he moves on the map, he’s using Zephiel’s map animations. This hasn’t broken the game in any way but it’s just something I’d like to point out.

Secondly, i think there’s something messed up with the Hunter class. I promoted Neimi to a hunter, she’s now level 13, but I’m not able to promote her with a master seal. I already blew my ocean seal so i can’t test if she’s just 100% unable to promote or if it’s just the master seal being weird.

2 Likes

oops

neimi should be able to orion’s bolt