[FE8] Sacred Stones "Anything Goes" PME (Accepting Map Submissions)

If I were to cut units I would place them as optional bosses (maybe in tower/ruins) so they aren’t wasted.

Swordies are generally a big thing in PMEs for whatever reason, but I wonder why everyone decided that this was the one to be a Mercenary. Weird how things go.

4 Likes

Depends If they can consent to it.

1 Like

At least mine is a uhhh a magic swordie! And I did provide some classes that needs love like fliers and a ranger.

I thought in PMEs the pegasus would be abundant. But ig I was wrong

2 Likes

I mean I’m part of the problem my only character’s a Merc, the only saving grace is ‘but he’s actually secretly an axe user!’, hehehe.

4 Likes

Which also reminds me of Dieck in the fe6 in fe8 hack lol. That I love

2 Likes

I like the unique units, just that it turned out that most units were sword users. If I do another PME I’ll be a bit stricter on class roster. The point of this was to have everyone do whatever they wanted anyway so I can’t be too upset. Plus we got tons of unique weaponry out of it.

3 Likes

Truer the title “Anything goes” than ever.

2 Likes

I got a submission. Now that you mention it there is a lot of mercs so here is my submission. Mercs can now triangle attack. (Even after promo but if another class promotes to a merc line class like hero then they cant. Only base mercs and what they are promoted into)

3 Likes

Can you add a new way to get a secret card its not available

Also Scorched sand makes eirika’s and link lose all items, hector spawns out of bounds

3 Likes

You lose some units in scorched sand, i lost danjin
Ike doesnt drop laguz friends
Also can you change siglinde to exalted falchion, same stats
{Batima} Falchion (Ylisse) - Exalted

3 Likes

My guess is that the units who have spawning issues are units who exist outside of the 51 unit cap. At that point (considering you’ve recruited every unit) you should have 56 units in total. FE8 doesn’t remember their data, hence why they spawn in with their default Unit Placer information instead of their existing stats.

I’d love to tackle the unit cap limit but I’m still unsure as to how to do so. I think my best bet is to force the player to ditch 9 units post-chapter 13 or so. At that point your armies are going to be sizeable enough that 5 units per team isn’t too big a loss.

3 Likes

I’ve made modifications courtesy of @Ihavedepression21 as well as adding a chapter to clear out excess units.

Patch Notes

New Intermission added post-Ch13 to clear out extra units!
Ganondorf nerfed (-8 Stats, Master Sword effective)
Thrones nerfed (0% Evasion, 1 Defense/Res)
Libera: 10 At 80% Acc 10% Crit
Crimson Fragment: 5 At 90% Acc 10% Crit
Master Sword: 12 At
Righteous Axe: 14 At
Binding Reginleif: 10 At 10% Crit
Member Cards no longer needed for Secret Shops
Hector spawn fixed

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mxlqov5l2dzs323076y7u/CelesPME0.6.ups?rlkey=w7gadu39od1no06pmpnnj9pqs&st=lj23j93u&dl=0

6 Likes

0.6 (extreme mode)

Bug reports and misc notes
  • Chapter 1 is pretty balanced in difficulty

• Jiol is defeatable in prologue via ScatterShock, and hypothetically, most bosses can be cheesed in some way by this tome.
    AnyGoes-1

• interesting weapon costs in battle preps
    AnyGoes-3

• I like Chapter 4’s map

• funny
    AnyGoes-5

• Luck overflows through the bar, I think theres a patch that extends the limit of the stat cap bar. The luck is capped at 40, so no need to patch it to stop at 30
    AnyGoes-6

• Binks has an interesting taste in mercenaries
    AnyGoes-7

• Various enemies seem to avoid getting doubled despite having way less speed.
    AnyGoes-9
    AnyGoes-10

• Rogue does not gain Steal+ upon promotion, unlike Assassin, which gains assassinate upon promotion.
    AnyGoes-11
    AnyGoes-13
    AnyGoes-12

• Is this with the extreme mode bonuses?
    AnyGoes-15

• Maybe its the odd -4 speed causing units to be unable to double
    AnyGoes-16

• This guy feels like he should be 6 levels higher.
    AnyGoes-17

• Overall, chapter 9a was cool. Eclipse Hawkeye bosses are absurdly boring though.
    AnyGoes-19

• Oh. It’s still a rout map.
    AnyGoes-21

• Hector also has the weird -4 speed glitch?
    AnyGoes-22

• Good lord thats a lot of move on a manakete
    AnyGoes-23

• The game does not warn the player about Fomortiis spawning, which resulted in a unit dying (generally you would never have a unit this far back, but still)
    AnyGoes-25

• What a boss.
    AnyGoes-26

• Dancing with Inigo puts the game into an infinite battle screen.
    AnyGoes-27
    Alternatively, it does this and makes an awful sound.
    AnyGoes-28

• What the heck
    AnyGoes-30

• I’d say he has the wrong inventory
    AnyGoes-31
    AnyGoes-32

• oh nvm
    AnyGoes-33

• Halberdiers dont seem to give much exp (boat reinforcements in chapter 10a)
    AnyGoes-35
    AnyGoes-36

• The chapter end cutscene crashes and makes a bad screeching sound.
    AnyGoes-38

-This chapter doesnt end if you take too long and Idunn spawns.
AnyGoes-39

• Nah, i’d win
    AnyGoes-42
    AnyGoes-43

• Are we… inside the enemy soldiers?
    AnyGoes-44

• Nice lance, a shame she cant use it.
    AnyGoes-45

• Wow. I didn’t expect the entire army to just explode out of the corner like that lol
    AnyGoes-46

• Tiki’s map sprite bugging out
    AnyGoes-47
    AnyGoes-48

• Nah, I’d win
    AnyGoes-50
    AnyGoes-51

• Ok its pretty annoying that you have to spend multiple turns looking for random enemies that dont actually do anything in the middle of nowhere instead of the defense map ending when it should.
    AnyGoes-52

• Looks like he didnt train lance rank enough
    AnyGoes-53
    AnyGoes-54

• Promotion cutscene is wacky
    AnyGoes-56
    AnyGoes-58

• Oh.
    AnyGoes-59

• Those are some underwhelming stats on the dracozombies considering this is an endgame map
    AnyGoes-60

• Yeah that sure looks like a sword to me.
    AnyGoes-64

• The master sword doesnt actually have a ranged animation

• Now THIS is peak performance
    AnyGoes-62

• No health?
    AnyGoes-66

• Ganondorf was harder to beat tbh
    AnyGoes-65

5 Likes

You could make this a feature instead of fixing it
Maybe to make halberdiers and other enemies more niches by giving them wary fighter?
Maybe via weapons or something.

Stat overflow?

1 Like

I mean stat overflow exist Shadow(mine) has over 30 luck and has like 32 luck which i find funny because this man might get over 40 luck if i get to level 20

P.s i also thought of some class skills to give like mercenary getting Armstrift or Cav getting Rush(every 1 tile moved gets +1 mt and +5% crit)

2 Likes

Not a glitch. Hand axes and javelins were nerfed. They give -4 agility and Wary Fighter, hence why they can’t be doubled. I think it’s fair to cut Wary Fighter considering they have reduced stats and a debuff.

2 Likes

Wrath book gives acrobat instead of wrath
Tyrfing no range anims
When other dragons use other dragonstones vame freezes
Elillove does not drop theif sword

3 Likes

They do you have to beat them before they steal or use the thief sword machina can pull them because the thief sword does no damage so they try for poisoning

2 Likes

So since Chapter 5x and 8 all happens in the same place but in different areas, it would be very weird that if only one of them got updated and the other doesn’t right? This only means one thing… Contributing two chapters for the price (map) of one! Surprise!!

Chapter 5x

Chapter Replacing: Chapter 5x Unbroken heart
Chapter Objective: Seize

map 5x

• Notes: The only thing that’s different compared to canon is there’s a thief that spawns at the bottom left stairs and tries to steal the chest with the Killer lance. Just give that thief a chest key only so that it couldn’t enter to the one with the Elixir. The escape could be in the top right corner (Or the other stairs)

Map file

Chapter 8

Chapter Replacing: Chapter 8 It’s a trap!
Chapter Objective: Seize

map 8

• Note: The only thing different is the archer inside the room with the treasure (Angelic robe, Silver sword, Master seal) maybe having a longbow? The thief would spawn at 7 turns. Soleil would start at the bridge there. Sentia and the gang would appear at the top like in the picture.
  • I forgot to mention but the cavaliers will spawn at like 7 turns too.

Map file

Okay that was tiring.

2 Likes