[FE8] Sacred Stones "Anything Goes" PME (Accepting Map Submissions)

wait why Wary fighter? I only asked for them to not double, but they should still be able to be doubled.

Just wanted to make absolutely sure no one can clear a group of enemies with 1-2 weapons.

2 Likes

On removing the ability to double per weapon, that ‘should’ be possible by setting the ‘Additional Damage Type’ thing (where poison and nosferatu effects and stuff are) to C, I think. Still allows anyone to double them, but they themselves unable to double.

7 Likes

I’ve fixed all reported bugs and implemented both new maps.

Patch Notes

Chapter 5x, 8 modified
Fixed Demierza recruitment
Warnings given for Idun/Fomortiis spawns
Unbreakable shop prices fixed
“Mercenary” monster enemies fixed
Rogue learns Steal+
Ch9a objective fixed
Inigo dancing fixed
Camus’s inventory fixed in Ch10
Ch10 ending fixed
Ch11a objective fixed
Ch12b spawns fixed
Binding Reginleif usable by Eirika
Unit sprites edited to take up less space
Ch15 objective fixed
Ch16 Hywel fixed
Solar/Lunar Brace cutscene fixed
Necrodragon enemy growths fixed
BS Buster weapon type fixed
Master Sword has ranged animation
Big Chungus’s health fixed
Wrath Book gives Wrath
Tyrfing has range animations
Eillove drops Thief Sword
Lucas’s inventory fixed
Hand Axes/Javelins work as intended (can’t double but can be doubled)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gujg061c0h0lf2nmz6ey6/CelesPME0.7.ups?rlkey=34isej23c2szmg717lmcdn0tn&st=7djz90xu&dl=0

7 Likes

Damn that’s a lot of fixes. Maybe I should test it too, after maybe 1 or 2 more maps depending on how my sanity is.

Was going to wait for the final release

2 Likes

Final release won’t be until I’ve included all replacement maps and fixed subsequent bugs.

5 Likes

Does this include the purely edited ones?
Example is chapter 6 being the same as canon but without the fog.

If so there’s 14 more to go :sob:

2 Likes

Some part of me am like “Hell yeah im actually making maps!” and the other is “Og gods people are gonna play and see my amatuar-ass maps”

Anywaaay

Chapter 2

Chapter Replacing: Chapter 2 The Protected
Chapter Objective: Kill all enemies

Chap2

Map file

Units

Enemies:

Okay so maybe add 2 mercs one near the entrance of the top town.
And the other near the broken one.

Reinforcement arrives at turn 3 (Also the red circle is where the player is)

One down at least.

5 Likes

Speedrunning it lesgooo

Prologue

Chapter Replacing: Prologue
Chapter Objective: Kill boss

Map file

3 Likes

That map would have to replace the O’Neill map since ch1 is taken.

2 Likes

Im duuuumb :sob: :sob:
If you can edit the unit placements sure
Maybe replace the castle to the bigger ones

I think this ones the last for today. Hope I don’t embarrass myself again.

Chapter 7

Chapter Replacing: Chapter 7 Beachside Renvall
Chapter Objective: Kill boss

Ch7

• One ballista is the same area where the is archer in the beach, The other is the one isolated on the top.
  • Where the player is at the open area south of the mountain.

Map file

4 Likes

Is this the case or not? Imma make some maps for them if ya want. (pls it won’t be the case)

1 Like

I’ll allow edits made to already modified maps, provided they keep the edit in place. For example, chapter 6 has to have villagers you need to protect, a 12-turn defense objective, as well as no fog.

1 Like

If it’s okay I won’t touch the modified maps, unless there’s full cooperation from them, it’s gonna be hard to make edits to their maps.
Will you count it as game complete if they are left as is?

1 Like

I get conflicting edits all the time, so as long as the edit still remains I’ll still expect custom maps. I had to edit some submitted maps to work within the existing constraints.

1 Like

Playing through the game rn, only bugs I’ve noticed so far is lyn can’t actually use the mani katti, and I was unable to send Satoshi to the other team during the intermission, I could talk to him and the pop up would say Arreus has been sent to the other team.
Don’t know if either of these bugs was caused from me playing an old save on a new patch, like my spears I bought from a store turned into Henrietta but that’s from updating the rom.
Edit: Also halberdiers don’t give promoted levels of exp

4 Likes

@Zaq Bugs fixed.

@MissVanity I’ve implemented the new maps. I had to change some positioning and events to make everything fit. In particular, the first map had to have some enemies move because there are only two units to start.

Patch Notes

Chapter 0, 2, 7 modified
Mani Katti fixed
Fixed buyable Spears
Fixed Satoshi, Arreus in intermission

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/sctl3ixad0q3miilgha6y/CelesPME0.8.ups?rlkey=1cnbemoqqa9osq86fdq2idw8e&st=dwgxp3qn&dl=0

5 Likes

Hmm
No promises, but i will try to do Ch.6 and 16.

Can you reverse them for me until the end of the weekend, and if i don’t post anything until then you can remove my name?

2 Likes

Chapter Replacing: 21 (not 21x)

Placements

Player:
Screenshot 2024-06-25 141414
Enemy:
Screenshot 2024-06-25 142949

AI of starting enemies

Enemies highlighted in yellow will not move at all, but will attack any unit that comes in their range
Enemies highlighted in purple will move to attack units in range.
Enemies highlighted in light blue will charge toward the nearest unit.
Screenshot 2024-06-25 1429491

Enemy Equipment Notes
  • The bow skeletons at the top of the map near “Alear” have iron ballistas.
  • The gorgons at the top have shadowshot.
  • Other than that, give the enemies whatever you want.
Reinforcement info
  • When there are less than 20 units in the enemy army, spawn enemies from the top left and top right stairs. Can run an infinite amount of times.

• When any player unit enters the top half of the map, spawn dracozombies around “Alear”. Runs once.

3 Likes

The sleep staff doesn’t seem to work for enemy’s? Like in Ephraim chapter 9 the sleep staff priest has landed the staff but my units don’t get put to sleep.
Also brawler is marked as a promoted class so Rachel gets next to no exp because of it.
Edit: yeah checking it the brawler is set to promoted while the amazoness is not set to promoted unit.

2 Likes