[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Well, it’s still a benefit, so it’s worth it. Thank you for answering.

Question: do i lose my progress if i patch my game with the recent version? asking bc i also got softlocked in the sluice gate (i have the 20221024 version)

All saves from March 2021 or later are compatible with newer patches. Just make sure the save and the patched game have the same filename and your emulator will do the rest.

And that fixed it. Cheers man! Now my game is almost perfect. I say almost because I’m 1 speed short to steal Berkut’s Ring but I’ll take that up with RNGesus. Also let me reiterate: this hack is fantastic

Fire Emblem - SacredEchoes_1667998865047

1 Like

I completed act both Alm & celica route of act3 but the game’s forcing me to play Alm route of act 3 again.

Reporting another small bug on Celica’s path. Sometimes Jesse won’t open the chests at random (oddly enough this doesn’t happen with Acantha in Alm’s path).

The level of polish this thing has is absolutely astonishing. I am simply amazed!

I just beat Alm’s act 3 and I am just starting Celica’s rout 3 ch 16. Starting the map I see a blank square. Did I miss a new character by chance?

I tried adding a image but it didn’t work lol.

I have
Celica, Mae, Boey, Genny, Saber,
Valbar, Leon, Kamui.

Did I miss a character?

Thank you!

1 Like

That is to account for Kliff or Faye if not recruited on Alm route.

Another issue with chests: Boey’s Unlock spell doesn’t seem to work as intended to open chests (the command appears and he gains exp from using it, but the chest doesn’t open to give the item).

Haven’t tested it with doors yet.

Can’t wait for the final release!

1 Like

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but late game invokes all have divide (split into copies), but it doesn’t actually make more copies: it just wastes their turn.

If Alm’s inventory is full when Halcyon gives him the Hero’s Proof, you get this background:
SacredEchoes-15

Also had a couple of crashes when moving to a new chapter, but resetting the game allowed me to proceed.

Loved the hack overall and had a great time, although (playing on Normal) difficulty was uneven. Enemy reinforcements, especially Thieves/Brigands tended to arrive late relative to how much ground you’d have covered by then; Silque’s Dreadknight summons can pull the teeth of entire enemy formations thanks to their bulk and ability to seek out and KO enemy bowmen.

P.S. Est is best
SacredEchoes-22

2 Likes

Apparently the game softlocks if a dreadfighter crits Jedah while he’s immune to damage

I tried to use Rewarp with Delthea and she appeared here.

Update your patch and choose Restart Chapter.

Fixed this in the latest patch.

Fixed this in the latest patch as well.

This was fixed a few patches ago, make sure yours is up to date.

This is a bug I’ve been trying to track down for a while, someone else reported it while grinding Delthea in a dungeon map - but I haven’t been able to get the problem to happen in my testing environment. If you’ve got a savestate and/or specific setup instructions I can take a look.

Also, the latest patch update (Nov.13) changes the movement permissions of flying units, as well as reworks the Lost Treescape map. Unfortunately I have some sort of stomach bug today and don’t have the energy to test it, so I’ve left the prior patch (Nov.10) in the dropbox in case of issues.

2 Likes

I didn’t get the chance to test Delthea’s Rewarp in all the Ex maps, but she also went to the corner of the map on Chapter 30 and 31. For the final chapters it does seem to work fine, though.

I’ll try another playthrough (since I have to recruit Deen instead of Sonya for his supports) and see if it happens in other chapters/maps.

Ive played the whole playthrough up until the latest patch, and this guy, THIS GUY, soloed the last three chapters, no regrets tho
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Echoes patched_1668490946165

Might be my device, but the Celica Map with the Necro Dragon early on was all glitched tiles.

It looked like the correct tile set, just jumbled up (navigating to the Chest and Mila Statue was, fun.)

I was playing on the EZ Flash Omega GBA Flash Card so that might have been a factor.

Sorry I didn’t nab a screen shot.

Perhaps it’s based on map size/distance traveled, then? That would track with the other place I’ve seen it happen.

I’ve seen this happen when you resume from a savestate after updating a patch. Does it go away if you choose Restart Chapter?