[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Ah that must be it.

I have to use Save States because Fire Emblem games dont seem to save properly on the ez flash

A new update today (November 17) has changed the way Cantors work; their summons now cost HP based on the monster they have summoned, and their summons will vanish when they are killed just as in SoV/Gaiden. In light of this, two of Celicaā€™s Act 4 maps (23C and 24C) have been changed to make better use of this mechanic and the available space.

5 Likes

Tried Deltheaā€™s Rewarp on the first four Ex maps and up to Chapter 27A. So far so good, but Iā€™ll try it on the next chapters to be sure. Meanwhile, I also found this:

This Terror Priestess always appears unarmed on the Lost Treescape map, no weapons or spells

1 Like

So I erased my data on Chapter 3 to restart from Chapter 1 because I missed the villages and I ended up back at Chapter 3 with Silque as my only unit.

A new patch version is up which fixes some Cantor issues, interactions between accessories, and changes a few maps in Act 4 (23C, 24C, 26C, 26A, 27A).

This is fixed as well, itā€™s supposed to be an Entombed.

Please upload your save file so I can see what happened here.

1 Like

Hello! If you find a bug, the best thing you (or anyone) can do for us is upload a .sav file of that bug in action. This can be accomplished by soft-resetting to create an in-battle save on most emulators and high-end flashcarts, and then uploading the resulting .sav to share here.

If you cannot create an in-map .sav for one reason or another (only using savestates, or the bug exists outside of a map such as in a menu, support room, or cutscene) the best thing to do is:

• try to recreate the bug
  • if you can recreate the bug, give us steps on how to recreate the bug. if you canā€™t, try and remember as much as possible about what happened leading up to the bug
  • list your emulator/cart, the patch date (make sure itā€™s updated to the most recent patch), and a screenshot of the bug if possible
  • please tag me rather than gamma, as following December he hopes to take a well-earned break and cultivate a more personal community experience focusing around his interests. If anything is particularly dire, Iā€™ll relay back to him
4 Likes

Made a typing mistake. I canā€™t reach act 4. I cleared almā€™s act 3 first then celicaā€™s when I try to press A on the next mission on both alm and celicaā€™s side it gives me option menu. I tried to add a picture but it doesnā€™t let me do it for some reasons. Additionally whenever I tried using the xp fountain my character just dissapeared

You are probably using an outdated patch; this was a known bug in earlier versions. Redownload the patch and apply it to a fresh FE8 and it should let you continue. The most recent patch fixes the Experience Shrine bug as well.

1 Like

I finally found what was causing this (a bad anim command in the DF, Gold Knight, and Alm bow crit) and itā€™s fixed in the November 30 patch.

Also in this patch: better error handling in 28C, some weirdness with the Levin Sword fixed, and changes to 16A enemy placement.

2 Likes

worldmap

As of the latest patch, the world map is now no longer rotated 90 degrees! This change shouldnā€™t break saves, at least not from my testing.

This patch also fixes Random Mode in the sound room and some unit placements.

Still left to do are a few supports, some copy-editing Iā€™m slowly working through, and a few minor bugs with the multi-weapon system.

15 Likes

Kinda weird to see it like this now after viewing it rotated for so long lmao

1 Like

What a great remake! Even better than the official one in 3ds~~ Thank you very much!

Report a bug. When I finish Rudolf and he says ā€œWell playedā€¦ā€ , the game stops(the snow is still falling, but the music stuns). I can only push START quickly after finish him to skip the dialogue.

Hooray, thatā€™s my job! :grin: Well, Iā€™m also a line editor as well as a bit of a developmental editor sometimesā€¦ (That said, being an editor is not a job worthy of cheering).

We are really in the home stretch, and the amount of polish and work put into Sacred Echoes, especially by Gamma, is mind-blowing.

On this patch or on an earlier one? What emulator or flash cart were you using? Is this replicable?

Graphic glitch of the World Mapā€™s lower half (happened after Chapter 16A)

1 Like

Please update your patch, this is a known issue on old versions and has been fixed.

Iā€™ve uploaded a Dec. 4 patch to fix the one variable I forgot on the worldmap, hopefully this fixes it.

1 Like

Used the latest patch and it still happens (just cleared the next chapter and it happened again). Resetting the game seems to make it go away, though.

1 Like

Iā€™ve uploaded a second patch which fixes the paths on the right side of the map getting messed up. Iā€™m still not sure how to replicate the exact effect youā€™re seeing, but someone else has reported the color blocky thing as well so it isnā€™t just you.

What emulator or flashcart are you using?

Visual Boy Advance. Iā€™m using an old version out of preference (I donā€™t know how to adjust the colors in the most recent one), so Iā€™m gonna try on the recent one and see if it still happens.

1 Like