[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Encountered a bug where the Radiant Bow magic damage is not present, resulting in the bow still doing physical damage. (Comparison of damage with Steel Bow against an Armor Knight)

Hi, thank you for reporting. I have just uploaded a fix that should address issues related to Alm getting stuck after completing 28C. If you have a save from before you finished the level, you should be fine to replay the chapter.

If replaying the chapter on the new patch doesnā€™t fix the issue, please send me your save file and Iā€™ll see if I can fix it for you.

2 Likes

Itā€™s worked. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Nope, no limit. The only limit is whether you recruit Deen or Sonya, so you will have to play twice to 100% the support room.

This is a great idea, I have included it in the latest patch.

It is supposed to be merged, Iā€™ll add that to my bug tracker.

No, but there will be some bonus units you can take back to the shrines and stuff. I am almost completely out of map space, weā€™ll see whatā€™s doable without having to break too much of the internals.

Thanks for reporting, this has been fixed.

Hey Iā€™ve been playing the hack and realized Fernandā€™s talk with Mathilda in Desaixā€™s fortress is pretty different, he even calls Clive a cuckold (lol). He also doesnā€™t mention his love for Mathilda. Not really a complaint but more of a curiousity, why? Was there a massive rewrite for him like with Faye?

1 Like

Fernand loves someone else now :heart:

1 Like

Hey there! Iā€™ve been following this hack for a while and I really adore it, and I canā€™t wait to play it now that the main story is basically completed! I was just wondering, are there any plans to add any of the DLC? Specifically the DLC characters (Emma, Randal, Yuzu, and Shade)? I know itā€™s almost definitely not feasible for you to just recruit them at any time but are there any plans to add them as recruitable characters somewhere in the main story as a side branch or in the postgame?

1 Like

Played the demo time ago and i loved it, is the hack full plaiable now? (Sorry for any kind of error)

All DLC supports have been added, and Iā€™ve reworked the memory prisms from the DLC to be part of the new supports as well. Unfortunately the timelines of the story maps didnā€™t line up in a way that I could condense into xenologues and still have them be useful for EXP/item drop rewards. I do plan on adding the Cipher characters as postgame rewards.

There were some rewrites to Fernand as well as additional screentime. Fernand is meant to have a redemption arc, and in SoV that cutscene is supposed to be the turning point of said arcā€“a point which, for the following reasons, I found to be both unconvincing and poorly paced.

warning: textual analysis ahead

It fell flat for a lot of players because the original scene with Mathilda objectified her in a really uncomfortable way (moreso the fault of the original art direction, but the writing there reduces her to a prize to be fought over). As a result, the redemptive ending Fernandā€™s writing was meant to build toward felt shallower than it should have. Given the heavy focus on Fernandā€™s backstory in the Rise of the Deliverance DLC, itā€™s clear there was some attempt at establishing more of a sympathetic tragic character who follows SoVā€™s themes of ā€œLove Redeems, Love Revivesā€ā€¦ yet (perhaps ironically, perhaps intentionally?) all of that new writing ends up making a much stronger case for Fernandā€™s redeeming love being for Clive rather than for Mathilda.

Given the textual evidence that:

• Fernand doesnā€™t even mention Mathilda when he tells Clive he ā€œonly joined this damned army because YOU were leading it!ā€
  • the implied crush on Mathilda is never referenced outside of this one scene. His death scene doesnā€™t even mention her, and all his final apologies (aside from one for Alm) are spent on Clive instead.
  • leftover voice lines from when Fernand was planned as a playable character in the base game include a special grieving quote for Clive, but not Mathilda, despite both being characters returning from Gaiden
  • the DLC focuses heavily on Fernandā€™s backstory to paint him as a sympathetic character deserving of the big dramatic redemption arc and death cutscene SoV had for him
  • the memory prisms in the DLC that include him (both set before his familyā€™s murder) heavily imply heā€™s infatuated with (or at least overly attached to) Clive, to the point that Mathilda says the only time he looks truly happy when heā€™s talking to her is when heā€™s talking about Clive
  • the DLC Siege of Zofia Castle also shows a recently bereaved Fernand having an explosive bout of jealousy towards Lukas when Clive chooses to confide his battle plan only to Lukas, feeling that he has been usurped as Cliveā€™s most trusted person. What upsets Fernand to the point of screaming and losing his composure is always Clive drifting further away from him and his convictions. He has no such dynamic moments regarding Mathilda even in his more volatile state after the tragedy.

I thus felt that Fernandā€™s character arc had firmer ground to stand on with the intensity and turbulence in his relationship to Clive, and also would be more impactful with a slower burn that incorporated more of that additional material.

To that end, the rewritten cutscene has Fernand still in denial and blaming everyone but himself at this point in the story, lashing out and blaming Mathilda for ā€œchangingā€ Clive and taking him away, even though heā€™s the one whoā€™s changed drastically and pushed them both away here. I think the writing adjustments make both his role in the story and the self-reflection he eventually reaches feel more consistent and satisfying.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info Iā€™m a curious person and you taking the time to answer is appreciated

On another note it seems that the mage ring doesnā€™t work properly or that itā€™s item description is incorrect. The mage ring also affects White magic ranges, my sage Boey can cast heal from 2 spaces away

Another bug: When you crit Jedah whilst heā€™s invincible the game freezes

I honestly completely forgot that Fernand even had a jilted lover excuse because it just came out of nowhere with no build up what so ever.

1 Like

This is amazing. Canā€™t wait for the full release!

1 Like

damn Iā€™m so gonna play this

6 Likes

Time to Echo this Hack!

This has been fixed in the patch uploaded today.

Which class were you using against him? I found and fixed a bug with the dread fighter here. Some classes crit him with no issue (Alm for example).

En la version en espaƱol el juego llega hasta el acto 3 y acaba. O siguen los actos 4 y 5 en ingles?

I have just updated the Spanish version patch with the translation so far (ver. 2022-10-30). You can continue into Act 4 and 5 with the new patch, but it will be mostly in English until the script translation is finished and inserted.

I will make a post here when the translation is fully inserted.

6 Likes

Fire Emblem - Sacred Echoes_1667577561632
Ermmmā€¦ we can have two bows?

two bows, one for the plug and one for the load? shot

4 Likes

I had this happen with Pegasus Cheese on the thief girl in Act 1 (unless you get two Pegasus Cheeses at around the same time), which was obviously significantly more useful than having two basic bows.