[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

On the note of rebalancing, is the Deen vs Sonya choice still lopsided towards Deen’s favor as a unit? I know that many people pick Sonya because of her story relevance but losing Seraphim and Sagittae in the remake really hurt her offensive potential.

Sonya is the only playable dark magic user, including one of the longer range spells to make up for lack of Sagittae.

hi I’ve been playing this hack for a few days and I’m loving it but when I kill Rudolf the game freezes am I doing something wrong?

ok i found a bug when you kill rudolf the game will freeze if you try to read his death quote so to avoid that just mash the start button when he dies

Hi, thanks for reporting - I confirmed the bug and just uploaded a fix. Please redownload the patch using the same link you used before. This also fixes the Faye spell list issue.

2 Likes

Question: Found the Member Card in Celica’s desert map, where can I use it?

Just started the hack, and it looks amazing! Can’t wait for the final 1.0 release.
I have encountered a small exploit with the Mila Shrine, where if you exit out of the promotion screen, the unit’s turn is refreshed (e.x. Gray moves to the Mila Shrine, exits out, and can move again)

Are thiefs normally able to steal or do I have to promote them to rogues to steal. I don’t remember, and sorry if that’s the case.
Another question, how would one repatch a rom hack, I’m currently using an android app called UniPatcher and it’s giving me an error when I try to patch the 20221020.ups

Screenshot_20221021-232058|690x310
Screenshot_20221021-232105|690x310

they steal normally maybe you can’t steal from this boss specifically

Yeah seems like that’s the case thanks

Wow Jedah is seriously tanky in this hack. I imagine it was an intentional decision to not give that map a turn limit like in Shadows of Valentia because I seriously do not know how you are supposed to take down Jedah otherwise. Still, I was able to do it by surrounding him with 4 dread fighters (requires choosing Dean and making Hyas a mercenary) and slowly chipping away with them as well as Leon and Celica with some healing by Nomah, Mae, and Genny. It helps to use a Brave Sword for some ~40% crits to speed up the process a little but I’m almost positive he doesn’t leave the map as long as the boss mogall stays alive. Also, the boss mogall does not duplicate if someone is in its range and its really easy to keep it occupied by giving a lance user (preferably one of the Whitewings) the Saunion as they won’t be able to counter at 1 range.

Is it intentional for a couple of maps in Part 4 to have more unit placement slots than playable characters? No one’s died so far yet the map where you fight 6 Dracozombies and Duma’s Gate have deploy slots for 17 units instead of 16. Conrad should be the last character but he didn’t join after Lost Treescape like in SoV.

I did remove the time limit, but like in Gaiden and SoV, the map is meant to end upon killing either Jedah or the boss mogall. Dracoshield Jedah is, like Act 1 Desaix, meant to just be an optional challenge.

Yes, it is to account for if you did not have Alm recruit Kliff and/or Faye - they will join Celica’s party instead. Due to how the engine handles deployment slots, the process to add the extra slots conditionally proved to be too big of a tech investment given the time and space available, so it is a compromise solution.

1 Like

Kill Deen, Recruit Sonya

Sonya has a spell that ignores defenses, making it possible for her to actually deal significant damage to Jedah.

Oh wow that’s really cool and actually makes her a solid option to pick over Dean, despite having a cool prf brave sword. I am really glad Sonya got some love because she is not very good in SoV and picking Dean is usually a no brainer despite having to play that awful witch map (which thankfully is a lot more bearable now along with many of the other terrible maps from the original).

1 Like

How can I embed images here, sorry I’m new here. I found some interesting bugs that I want to show. First, despite killing Sonya in Act 3, she showed up in the cutscene that occurs after beating Duma Tower in Act 4 Celica route. Now, when I swapped to Alm’s route, it is making me replay ch.22A instead of letting me go to 23A. So now I’m not sure what will happen if I clear the chapter normally without killing Delthea again lol.

Edit: Clearing ch.23A before Duma Tower allowed me to continue to 24A like normal.

Question: Is there a limit to support conversations per playthrough? I’m trying to unlock as many as possible.

Just finished the hack and I found it to be a very fun and well polished experience overall. The difficulty was okay, although I think that some maps could stand to be a bit harder during the endgame as the difficulty peaks somewhere around Chapter 3.
As for balance considerations, it would be nice if units could gain support points if they’re within 3 tiles of each other during kills instead of 2. The two tile gap heavily encourages death ball type gameplay.
Furthermore, it was kind of weird that the two convoys didn’t merge during the final battle.

Also, are you going to do Thabes for postgame?

Hello. I am new here. Just wanted to say that you made a great remake. I really enjoyed playing it.

Unfortunately, there is a problem. When i completed chapter 28 in the Celica route, Alm came back to chapter 26 (he was at 28 chapter too). He cannot go anywhere except Nuibaba manor, but i already have Tatiana and Zeke. What will happen if i recruit them again?

I’ve been waiting for this project for almost a year, i’m so excited to see that you all are nearly done, and it looks so awesome. Good luck!