[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

Hey folks, the patch link has been updated. Some initial headway has started on Act 4 in terms of map-making and writing, but the chapters aren’t yet in a playable state, so this is still an Act 3 release. Here’s what’s new:

• Assorted bugfixes
  • New boss quotes for several characters
  • Sonya’s spell list has changed (if you have her in your party on an existing save file, you may need to cheat her a Dark rank :wink:)
  • A few animation improvements, plus some fantastic new animations by Nuramon
  • Portrait touch-ups
  • Map fixes (e.g. Sylvan Shrine)
  • New music tracks contributed by Uzel and The_Burger_King420
  • Supports are about 75% complete now!

As for the big surprise I hinted at… I am extremely honored and proud to announce that Sacred Echoes now has a full Spanish translation, and from this point onward, updates will be releasing in both English and Spanish! Both versions patch to a US FE8, and save files are compatible between the two. I’m extremely grateful to our incredible translation and proofreading team:

• @The_Burger_King420 : story translation
  • Uzel: system text, guide entries, classes and items, sound room
  • ilmoro: supports translation, playtesting
  • marc_: proofreading, playtesting

Additional shoutouts to Littlebeats for getting the localized SoV textdumps for us and luciel for help with word choice. I really enjoyed working with you all and being a part of this, and I definitely learned a lot along the way. I’m confident this is an accurate and polished translation and hope that the Spanish-language audience enjoys the result!

We are also starting work on a French localization and have some team members already in place for this - if you speak French and would like to help out, please reach out in the Discord!
Additionally, if you would like to help translate Sacred Echoes into your own language, please reach out on Discord and we’ll discuss how to make it happen. Ideally, I’d like to have a team of at least three translators per language in order to set things up.

EDIT: We’ve also now got a translation of the Readme and Credits List for Spanish - thank you marc_ for translating!

18 Likes

This is just Fantastic, my compliments to HyperGamma and their entire team. (I can play this jewel in Spanish)

im curious on if the overclasses are planned

The overclasses are not planned at this time.

As for project updates, we’ve been steadily working on Act 4 since the release of the Spanish translation! We’ve got 12 maps done of the 16 that will be included in Act 4, and the script rewrites are nearly complete (mostly focusing on addressing Celica’s writing issues). There’s a few quality-of-life improvements coming for Sacred Springs, a few new cool bits of tech with warp tiles, but as most of the tech work needed for the SoV mechanics is now complete, I’ve got less debugging eating up my time now overall.

We’ve also started on translations for French and for Brazilian Portuguese. If you’re interested in contributing, please join the discord!

I wonder what’s waiting for us in the Lost Treescape…?
warptiles3

14 Likes

Brazilian Portuguese too? Wow, I’ve never seen any FE in my language! :open_mouth:

Fun fact: I don’t have a 3DS.

I: Who needs a 3DS when you have SACRED ECHOES :v.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

I’ve been lurking on here for a couple months but I finally made an account just to say that this looks incredible. Echoes is my favorite FE game out of the ones I’ve played, and you really did an excellent job with adapting it to the GBA. One question: are you planning to release Act 5 and the finale separately from Act 4, or as one big update, given how comparatively small Act 5 is?

1 Like

Glad to hear!

As for your question, I don’t have a concrete answer to it yet. It depends on how quickly we’re able to get the “final touches” ready (e.g. finishing out the support room, any remaining sound room changes/additions, etc). The Duma animation we’re planning to use is also very complex and still in progress, and I don’t want to rush the artists. So when Act 5 comes out, I do want it to put the game into a [COMPLETE] state rather than just an “all maps playable” state.

As always, I do at least one annual release on Gaiden Day (March 14), so I can at least guarantee that Act 4 will be part of that.

7 Likes

@HyperGammaSpaces As always, I do at least one annual release on Gaiden Day (March 14), so I can at least guarantee that Act 4 will be part of that.

Alright, now we know when Act 4 will come when the update will go live in 2022.

… why did you find the need to paraphrase what was just stated

4 Likes

Just a force of habit. Just need to credit the source of said person.

I completely understand. It must be a lot of work making a hack of this scale, so the fact that you’re able to complete it in a comparatively fast time frame like that is still incredible. Besides, I haven’t even played Sacred Stones yet, so this gives me plenty of time to get to doing that.

4 Likes

It’s a force of habit to pointlessly repos what was said?

1 Like

Yes.
I have seen some of the users that source the specific things that the person is talking about.

Right but the question was why make the post at all, when it was repeating exactly what was said with nothing new added. There was no point.

1 Like

I see your point.

I don’t want to be that guy. But could anyone at least tell me what chapter the Secret Shop is in? Because I have put Catria with the Member Card on every tile in Deen’s map. Couldn’t find it and I don’t want to miss it.

Hey, no worries - the Secret Shop won’t show up until Act 4, so you haven’t missed it.

2 Likes

Good. Also, this hack is quite excellent.
Seeing Palla with better bases and that lovely portrait alone makes me want to play this over regular Echoes.