[FE8] Fire Emblem: The Sacred War [complete]

Oh i don’t know that ok thanks

I had been wondering about that myself. Nice to know.

Speaking of, how do I unlock Selena? I cleared the Tower three times but she’s not appearing. Do I have to kill more monsters or what?

Only in v1.35
just clear the tower once.

Like I said, I’ve cleared the tower thrice already, but she hasn’t appeared.

Wonder if it’s because I cleared the tower once during the main story while I was level grinding.

No it doesn’t matter. The event flag just checks if you beat the map on post-game.

Actually, I don’t see how you got the others but not her.

For some unknown reason the event is not triggering for you
(either by 1st clear or by 3rd clear)
or triggered and you didn’t get her (but that’s unlikely)

Guess I’m gonna try another tower run, or otherwise do it on a different file. I still have to unlock about 35% of the supports anyway, so I’ll have to do at least a couple extra playthroughs.

Should it come to that, when I play the tower I’ll avoid clearing the final floor while in the main story, just to be on the safe side.

Have you touched the Rift?
I’m thinking of a “bypass” fix
by adding another chance to get Selena by finishing the Rift6 map…
If the event didn’t trigger in Valni, maybe we can proc it in another map.
If the event did trigger but somehow you didn’t get her all this time, sorry something must have happened.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like
Spoiler talk

If Kelik is in this hack, is he recruitable or is he relegated to a super boss in creature campaign?

2 Likes
Spoiler talk

Yes to both lol

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m about to start the map with Lyon and Riev as bosses. Strangely enough I’ve gotten the rest of the characters so far just fine, so maybe something happened.

I’d appreciate that little fix, though. Selena is one of my favorite chars of the game, so I do want to play with her.

1 Like

Check your inbox. Sent you a message with a link.
Hope it fixes your problems.

wow people actually used my animation. freakin sweet

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is an emulator-related glitch or something, but in v1.50, I’m having an issue with the Fimbulvetr animation pretty consistently breaking, and then subsequently freezing/hanging the game (usually with an accompanying horrible screech.) I’m doing a second Rift run before I start the post-game story and it’s making it really hard to complete certain maps because I basically have to kill every Sage (and Audhulma user, in the case of bosses) before they can attack. This wasn’t happening when I first started using the patch, so I’m really not sure what’s going on here.

VBA problems, hence I have stated in the OP to use No$GBA.

Other VBA users had the same problem.

Well, that’s the problem. You can’t use No$GBA on a crummy little Android phone like mine, unless there’s a port of it I’ve never heard of. (You can’t use VBA either, which is why I’m actually using a different emulator, but it seems the two have very similar bugs with this patch.)

Edit: If you don’t intend to make a VBA fix, could I take crack at making one myself? I don’t claim to be an expert at this, but since it seems to be tied to the animation, I think simply changing the animation to something else or making the animations map-only for weapons that use the Fimbulvetr animation would at least keep the game from crashing on non-No$GBA emulators.

A solution is to play with Animations set to OFF.

But if you intend to open the game and don’t mind super watered down Rexfrost animations,
use a Hex Editor, go to 5E520, change 1F to 08 or lower (up to 01)

Oh. I like having animations on, so I just opened up FEBuilder and changed the animation to the Aircalibur animation, lol.

1 Like

So…I finally beat the Tower. And it was one hell of a ride.

This hack has been the most fun I’ve had in years. From the redone maps to the ludicrous endgame content, this was great from start to finish IMO. Classes felt decently balanced, and it seemed like there was a reason to use almost any class (with a few exceptions–Berserkers have hit rates too low to justify their use, Great Knights were good damage sponges but not much else, and Mage Knights, while useful in the main game and some Ruins levels, quickly became useless as soon as you entered the Tower due to not having access to Gleipnir, which is IMO the best sacred weapon sans Naglfar–it boosts your attack power, staff range AND staff accuracy, which saved my butt in the Tower. Next time, I’m totally making Ewan a Druid just to abuse Gleipnir more.) I also loved how players were forced to divide their army to tackle multiple objectives at once a lot of the time. It felt like a vastly improved version of FE4’s map design philosophy.
A few of the Tower levels felt kind of cheap, though, particularly the second floor. It essentially felt like a game of “pray to RNG-sus you get enough crits to thin out the enemies enough that they don’t dogpile you.” (Sure, I could’ve just went back and gone through the Ruins a third time, but I was suuuuper done with that, so hard nope.) The syntax in the text for the cutscenes is a little iffy too, but given it’s a gameplay hack that’s forgivable.
Also, what the heck was up with SPOILER appearing in the last floor? He didn’t seem to be recruitable (or at least, none of the units I had on the field could do so); was he just meant to be there to help the player for the endboss?

1 Like

So I have just beat the 1.35 version of the lagdou ruins. Well. That was a wild ride. I mean holy shit the 3 things at the end had me messed up for a moment but we did fine. Myrrh with divinestone left the 3rd super formitiies at 1 hp so i meme killed him with seth. Really good. It hard but worth it for me, and I will prolly do 2 more runs of ruins over time as why not. I will not be able to switch patches unfortunately but thats ok, I can belive the valni tower is still fun. Ill come back here prolly after the second tower run.

1 Like

You should try Peacemaker with them.
Also try it on those enemy groups.

He solo climbed the tower to help you with your weighty task.
(and just enter any map and you will get a notification)