[FE8] Fire Emblem: The Sacred War [complete]

spoiler

Savestate abuse, did use VBA despite not being advised. Lyon with my lord rescued soloed the tower until final floor. For final form I had all my units stand around them and then trade the holy/dark stones around to actually deal damage.

I would consider this to be one of the best hacks I’ve played despite some flaws.
End game seemed a bit buggy in terms of what could and couldn’t work. Divinestone and Hel both look like they work, but in combat swap to next available weapon. If only weapon is that, it won’t work.

It would be a lot easier with divine stone working. Happened to not have any class locked items on me including second wind and sleep sword so probably isn’t mean to be as bad as I found it.

1 Like

In the enemy’s skill description it’s mentioned that all magic, Latona and Divinestone
are shut down
except the other Sacred Twin weapons.

The depicted weapons swap issue is known
but end result is the expected one.

Must’ve missed that! Ah well, still very doable with dark tome spam and trading stones around.

Using Latona from far away helped too.

I’d like to know more about this.

Superboss is immune to all ailments so your aren’t missing anything.

It’s been a while since I played the main part of it, and arguably post-game isn’t as important. I do recall there were times in the main game that the sheer number of foes wasn’t fun.

Fighting vs petrify foes was simply not fun past the simple Stone of Gorgons. End of new tower and ruins were just yuck.
Mixed feelings overall about the “inflation” aspect of post-game. Units can be pretty much useless unless they have a full set of held item and a scared weapon.
Didn’t like having to bring lord along for all levels in new tower.

In terms of post-game, (although also relevant later on in main part) foes dropping gems instead of gold clog up supply for seemingly no reason.
Coastal shop imo wasn’t needed as it makes tower in 1.35 and ruins in either version much easier.
Also post-game, some classes feel rather useless (such as sniper) with others feeling too strong such as Sage (mainly due to dark tomes being best :stuck_out_tongue: )

Overall very solid hack, while I’m happy to grind others are not. Apparently doable with 0% growth though so there’s that.

Final note would be skill system. On one hand I like it, lots. On the other it can be hard to remember. Guide helps, but would be nice if you could find a way to have description show up on character page. Currently Guide can’t even be seen in battle preparation screen.

I know what you mean and what you refer to.
While few instances, I could have reduced the number of reinforcements in some specific chapters.

Only 2 enemies can do that though
and it adds a good extra challenge on planning your moves.
Mostly it promotes “action economy”.

I’d say it adds unit building beyond just exp grinding
as you can build a character in various ways
by combining available supports, stat caps, skills, items, weapon and weapon effects.

What do you mean?
There’s no forced deployment for any lords.

A problem for Rift10 I know.
That’s why I only did it for 1 floor.

True, hence I only added it in the last update before 1.50
because climbing 4~5 floors in the Rift just for shopping is not fun either.
At least the heavy costs without a Dark Stone severely limits this abuse early on.

It depends on how you use them.
If you mean just for DMG, some units are for defense, counters or utility.

(Snipers useless? I don’t agree with that.)

It needs polishing but I can’t change it now. Something to have in mind though.

Good info, thank you.

Objectives are seize however, which only lord can do

Maybe part of my problem was not bothering with supports, honestly I rarely use them.

Main game sure, but post game they fall off for me.

You know what I like? Personal skills and class respecs, but the latter is just out of reach I think.

I also agree with snipers being weak. Maybe buff their base CON to the same as Ranger’s so they can use Brave Bows + make all of the bows they equip able to hit point blank?

Master @Seal, terrific job with this hack. I came back to it after a hiatus and I’m having a lot of fun. If you don’t mind, I do have a critique though. Why have you chosen not to use palettes for the human enemy bosses? The ones in your hack all seem generic and unimportant. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Glad you had fun with it.

Which bosses?
The generic mid-bosses / elites are supposed to be beefed up generic enemies.
Story bosses have their own palettes.
Same with the Rift bosses, they have their own palettes.
The new superboss in 1.50 has its own palette too.

That might be it then. I’m still at the beginning, and I was talking about Breguet/Bones/Bazba

But they (the specific ones you mention) have their own palette.

I’m really enjoying this hack. Thanks for it @Seal

But i have a little question

I just finished the 7st floor of the first Valni Tower and i got Ismaire but she joined as a Sage with Rexfrost,Hammerne and a Diamond Gem, is that normal ?

2 Likes

Glad you are having fun with it.

Yes, it’s intentional. My one and only “ret-con” as I feel it answers better the question of
who was supposed to use the Anima Sacred Twin from Jehanna.

Also her attire fits more that of a Sage and even her palette fits the Sage class
more than expected.

1 Like

Hey I’ve been playing through this and I’m excited to go through the new Tower. I’ve been grinding up and have cleared the rift 3 times without any skip codes but I still haven’t unlocked Lyon? It may have to do with the fact that I completed the rift the first time on v1.35 and then two more times on v1.5. The reason for this is because I didn’t know that the new Tower was going to be that crazy hard (I know you said it was going to but to actually experience it is different) so I retreated and decided to grind. Do you know what’s up with this?

1 Like

Thx for you feedback.
This is definitely weird and makes no sense.

I’ll definitely look into it
but are you sure you did the Rift 3 times and not 2?
(You have 3 Dark Stones right?)

I’ve gotten the same glitch. I was only on 1.35 so switching to 1.5 wasn’t the problem. If you don’t feel like going through the rift again, download FEbuilderGBA and set Lyon in the Extra Units tab and set his join time to the same as Caelacch so you only have to 3 floors of Valni.

1 Like

Yes, Ephraim is currently holding all 3.

Alright, I will do this. Thanks!

Will release a fix for it.

EDIT:
@freeseti @Dingo1011
Fixed the “Lyon issue” with a new patch (V1.50.1)
and added a 2nd way of getting him
by just clearing the 1st Floor of V1.50 Valni.

2 Likes

Just finished it and i have to say great work it was amazing

2 Likes