[FE8] Fire Emblem: The Sacred War [complete]

Actually, I would love that. Still gonna play the hack, and no one’s hating you, my dude.

1 Like

If it’s visual update only then i think I’ll pass the next update (no offense).

1 Like

Is there an existing patch for just x2 Critical Damage? ive clicked around for a few days and i cant find one.

1 Like

Here we go grinding exp again, nothing can amaz… Wait, what?

Summary

19-1

Holy shit that was a masterpiece.

1 Like

Is there a way to update to 1.19 while keeping my 1.15 save data?

With No$GBA you can just open the ROM with the newer emulator version
and just load a savestate from the previous-old emulator version.
Then do a manual in-game save and the data is carried over.

But unless you don’t care about graphics
the next patch will need you all to start a new savefile (yeah really blew this one).

If you don’t care about improved sprites
the next patch will update everything else except the graphics.
Your characters won’t get new sprites but you will receive the rest of the changes.

Also the next patch might be delayed because of its volume…

Patch 1.23 is out and I expect some rage over it.

Anyway, I won’t be updating for some time and will certainly not mess your save data again.
So if you were waiting for the prime time to start, now’s the time.

7 Likes

What’s your opinion on splitting the army into two halves at the route split, and then alternating missions between the Ephraim and Eirika routes? Is that even feasible?

It’s possible, but is still imperfect, and would require poor Seal rework everything.

2 Likes

Hi, i started playing this hack around 1 week ago and it’s impressive, im at “scorched sand” right now playing Ephraim’s route and plan to attempt to complete Valni’s tower once i finish it.
I’m playing it in New 3DS converted to .CIA by the way, so it’s compatible with it too.

I love what you did with arenas and Skirmishes, i remmember abusing savestate on vanilla to make my way to 200k gold from arenas as it seemed the best way to make money. The way you did it is steady, not abusibly fast but also nor is it slow, i love it.

I also liked what you did to chararters that one get already promoted, like Duessel, Dozla and Rennac, thanks to that i can finally add Rennac to my team without feeling he’s a let down on combat and finally i can put Colm and Marisa together as my Assasin duo, THANKS!

L’aracher not being able to promote to Mage Knight feels odd, i would’ve liked Oracle as a third option. Same goes for tethys, it feels weird not letting her dance (maybe there’s one of her buffs that gives another turn but i havet got there yet :C).

About the history.

The dificulty proggresion so far feels quite steady and i’m still waiting for bosses to have something better than hand axes and i’m eager to try the rift.

The “landing at Taizel” stage felt quite odd with little reinforcements though that was completely compensated on Selena’s chapter, i also loved what you did with the river town there, the map change was nice, though it would have been even better for it to have affected layout and strategy.

well, that, so far, idk what else right now, i may write here my thoughts on progression.

PD: i haven’t tried valni’s tower just yet because all those Killer weapons scare me :disappointed_relieved:

PD2: Ewan’s training equipment uwu:

2 Likes

@IISunaII Dude, is your screen okay? I’m genuinely concerned.

5 Likes

It’s my top screen’s little “cancer” it’s some burnt pixels, but like 2 or 3 more pixels die each month so it’s like a growing tumour, right now it’s not gamebreaking but i’ll have to change it at some point :frowning:

1 Like

Mostly impressed that you loaded the ROM on a SD cartridge
and then play it on a 3DS. Very few do this.
How do you save?

1 Like

GBA is natively built on N3DS, so it saves the game as if it was playing any original game, i just lack savestates wich will probably make for some added difficult on the rift lol.

1 Like

Ahhhh, that’s no good.
You need at least a save from the menu of each floor.

OK, that’s something I’ll add in the next update; saving in Tower/ Rift.

Oh so it’s balanced in a way that you should save between floors? That’s very good to know.

By the way, did you make any changes to how many units can be fielded during any story chapters? What’s the maximum amount in the story and post game?

A bit late, but…yo, what’s up?

1 Like

No problem man. The fault was from my part. All OK now.

Not sure if it’s just me but in tower 1st floor, the armory and the vendor is swapped : armory sell tomes and staff, vendors sell weapons. Not game breaking though
19-2 19-1

1 Like

Funny thing is that I went shopping 4 times there and didn’t notice
(because I was mostly focused on the shop list being correct).

Will fix on the update. Will just swap them around.