[FE8] Crisis & Searchs

The tactic to defeat him was for the boss to hit someone adjacent, like Satus or Adam, the boss would use the blue ax and not his hand axe, so at a distance it would no longer be a problem.
I got the impression that it is a tactic used by other players, which is why I included it.

Was shift 18 too early?

The idea of ​​the hostage was to give her a little more courage to be just the healer. At least for this chapter.
The size of the map is because it is actually a 3 in 1 fusion.

The joke was that their stuff was stolen.
That’s why they don’t come early.
At this point, they are not easy bosses to kill. Some bosses appear to give life to the maps, so it is not mandatory to defeat them.

Your credits don’t actually list where any assets come from, just “other hackroms” which… Isn’t how credits work?

1 Like

it is used, but it’s considered a cheese tactic, and it’s absolutely not a positive first impression when the game starts off with it as the only reasonable way to fight a boss. especially when you have to deal with coinflip odds on a throne. as that’s not fun for a big majority of people, it’s more tedious, and super likely to drive people off from the game in frustration.

the boss getting changed to be less overwhelmingly strong and more feasible to have your units fight him and survive a counter rather than get nuked (maybe even removing swordbreaker so the swordies can contribute to the fight, too) or cheesing him would go a long way. same with throne avoid possibly just getting slashed down so units have less huge accuracy issues on 'em when fighting the guy, which as is makes the fight drag out longer without being a thing the player can actually maneuver around in any meaningful way.

He begins with the blue axe - the issue is that you are required to rescue units out of the way because you do not survive the enemy phase, heavily reducing the amount of units that can attack. Additionally, nobody but Satus can reliably survive a blue axe attack, and he also can’t hit as part of that combat due to Swordbreaker.

This combined with Hit Rates of 40-50 makes reliably damaging the boss not possible.

This makes taking down the boss take around 10+ turns, by when the enemy cavalry come in to add extra pressure (and potentially one-round everyone but Satus.)

Why did you add content on turn 18/44. Why did you add a recruitable unit at turn 45.

Why.

She is the only unit that can recruit the two groups of green units (which are heavily vulnerable to any reinforcements), begins trapped, and Satus has to wade through a third of the map to prevent a village from being destroyed, prevent an archer reinforcement from killing recruitables and rescuing both hostages.

By “boxing her on a 1x1” she is not encouraged to be a healer. She is encouraged to not be taking part on the chapter until she is saved, and even then you gave her a way to attack.

If you didn’t want her to attack yet, then you wouldn’t have given her a weapon to do so, and made it a droppable throughout the chapter.

I spent a third of the turns taking care of bosses and another third navigating the map - this chapter is artificially long just due to its sheer size, the massive unreliability to hit enemies, the double hostage and recruiting (and later boss rush).

This is not a 3-in-1.

2 Likes

The credits on this hack are far too vague. We don’t know what came from where or who gave permission. In addition, taking assets from other hacks without permission is considered to be asset theft. Until a proper credits list has been created, we are going to take the download link down.

10 Likes

Hello, in addition to making sure you have complete and comprehensive credits for everything you use, I would also just like to give you a friendly reminder, in case you were not aware, that portraits and other assets in other people’s hacks are not inherently free to use. If it has not been posted in the Repository or elsewhere explicitly labeled as Free to Use (F2U) and/or Free to Edit (F2E), you are not allowed to use the asset without direct permission from its owner/creator.

For more details, please refer to the FEU plagiarism policy found here:

Or my summary in the FEBuilder FAQ here:

Oh, and why do I bring this up? Well, while the link is down now, I saw someone who downloaded it before that playing through it, and…
image image

Sorry, but these portrait from my hacks Three Legacies and Fall of Shambhala are not presently available for open public use, and neither are any of the other custom assets I have personally created for those hacks, and at no point was I contacted for permission for them to be used in this project. I am open to granting permission to people who ask me, but not so much when I’m finding out after the fact. While I’m glad you liked them enough to want to use them, this is a formal request for these to be removed if/when your project is reuploaded.

My hope is that this is simply misunderstanding or ignorance of the community rules, and that your hack can be re-uploaded once you compile proper credits and remove that portrait and any other assets you did not have permission to use. I am sure the people in the FEU Discord would be happy to help you identify the creators of things you have lost track of yourself. In the future, just make sure you keep track of credits as you go, alright? It’s a lot easier to keep a running list as you add stuff than it is to go back and trace it all down later.

7 Likes

List of resources used.
-Nuramon
-Sacred Echoes’s team.

Further worth noting is that this is an abysmal way to write out credits. This list doesn’t credit Nuramon for any of his specific assets, and the numerous other artists that contributed to Sacred Echoes are lumped into “Sacred Echoes’s team” instead of being credited individually.

4 Likes

I will make the replacements, in approx 3 days, to identify other resources to withdraw.
But before I continue, I have a problem, I can replace them and that’s it. But they would remain in the internal files, will that be enough, or do I remove them from the internal files as well?
Anything else you see that doesn’t have permissions, I’d be very grateful if you let me know, so I can make the changes.

Edit:
Forget about the internal files, I was able to remove them and it did not consume any memory.

It’s not enough to say “hey could everyone help me find what assets I’ve used that aren’t free to be used?” - it’s your responsibility to sort that out yourself. I think you need to start from scratch with the assets used and replace every graphic with ones you find from the repository, crediting as you go.

3 Likes

I just asked for the notice to speed things up a bit.
Whether he does or not, it doesn’t change much, because I’m doing a review of all the resources used to properly assemble the credit list and make the required changes.

When the list of credits and changes to the rom is completed.
Should I write to you to notify you of the change or will it be enough to update the list?

Let me know when you’re done. I’ll talk it over with staff and if we’re happy, I’ll reinstate the link.

oki doki.

How many chapters are in the hack?

23 in the main campaign.
10 experimental DLC chapters.
4 of the tower.
6 of the ruins
1 accessible from dlc 5
A total of 44.

1 Like

Nice, the patch is up! Looking forward to trying this!

1 Like

Okay I’m genuinely curious now
What was the cut content like…?

Enjoy!

There were a couple of portraits, animations, and map sprites that I had to replace.
No chapters or items were cut to obtain.

Summary

What animations were replaced?