[FE7] [RELEASED] Fire Emblem: The Blazing Silver PME (Update v1.0b Out!)

Kind of excited to see what their promotions will look like :smile:
Anthea will probably get swords/lance/anima
I think Throne will get staves
And I don’t have any idea for Aireth, maybe bows

2 Likes

See? I told you I made the right choice :333 Look at me! I’m so good and astonishing and pretty >v<

Well, my promotion is Malig Knight, so only lances on top of the axes and dark magic :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey guys!
Started work on the rom hack. Currently working on my idea for adding new tomes. (I now plan to add 5 tomes per class, I will reuse gimmicks but give them diferent strenghts.)

Here are the anima tomes:

I mostly post them in hopes they are nicely balanced.
(I still plan to give every tome type an effective weapon.)

Hopefully close range combat and tanky combat add some unique fun to using Anima mages.

(I want to hopefully give each magic type more of an identity like that. With such unique weapons.)

9 Likes

THEBLAZINGSILVER.emulator
Also… You will be a trainee unit.
Like my idea is that you start out with anima magic and you can promote twice (using guding rings.)
First becoming a shaman and then a druid.
While you have literal normal mage growths you do have increased EXP gain in your first phase.
But still, you are not a good combat unit. I think having a growth project is a fun option and i think having a “Bro don’t fight.” protag is a nice spin.

(Also why doesn’t mark appear? I made it’s name [Tact])

5 Likes

THEBLAZINGSILVER.e2mulator
(Also why no minimug?)
(Nvm fixed that.)

But yeah, look forward to you being playable! And bad!

3 Likes

Getting the tactician’s name for a character is quite more indepth, you need to repoint the particular nametag thing you use to the function itself.

6 Likes

Seems like I know what I will do tomorrow. (Or I just go the budget solution of naming yourself: “You”.)

2 Likes

Can you also add an option where the tactician isn´t playable?

Well, my idea is that teh tactician will be mostly optional. Like while I think I may force deploy them in prolouge I plan to add in battle preps in every chapter afterwards and make not using the tactician a viable strategy.

2 Likes

Like using the tactician will be a nightmare, you have normal mage growths, and while you do have an easy trainbing arc due to relative power 2, you will need to promote them twice. You need to love yourself to make yourself good, you have to use two guiding rings on yourself.

I don’t want to make using yourself a power fantasy. I am not even sure I will add supports and if I will give them supports, you won’t get a “Girl of your choosing.”

THEBLAZINGSILVER.emulator
(These will be your starting stats. Although I did buff move to 5 because I don’t want to be THAT evil. I even gave you -1 CON so if you promote yourself you will have less con than a normal mage.)
I just want to allow for player freedom, like would you be a tactician you could decide to deploy yourself, it’s just not a good idea.

5 Likes

I think having some upside to deploying the tactician should happen. Like getting a special weapon for them in later chapters. Or using them to recruit a character later on that’s really good. I don’t think it’d be worth it to have them in there if they’re just gonna be a bad unit. Kinda like in Path of Radiance where Soren is your tactician and you can use him but it’s a pain to level him up but when you do he becomes really good with supports for Ike and has great abilities.

3 Likes

Do enemies have these or only some of them?

Probably.
I would not want that stuff to be player only, especially as I plan to like… Redesign stuff.

A minor reward is that if you train yourself up you became shaman/druid but with anima magic as well. You actually become the only unit with multiple attacking magic types like that. (Forgot some lords maybe, but still a rare trait.)

I can imagine yourself maybe being able to recruit some unique characters as I want to make some bosses recruitable. I was actually thinking about making the player a “joker” in terms of recruitment. Like you can recruit anyone recruitable, you cannot lock yourself out of recruitments because of yourself.

2 Likes

These are some pretty epic tomes right here :sunglasses: Though I hope that the regular tomes stay because you need something normal to use for general combat instead of relying on gimmick tomes; we don’t want another Fates situation on our hands, now do we? That’s worse than playing FE6 Hard Mode 0% Growths :disappointed_relieved:

I suppose I should review and critique these so you can get feedback on them for the future, starting with:

• Spark: I don’t like the idea of this tome as it currently stands. I’m sorry, that’s my opinion. It’s a C-Rank tome that limits its wielder to one-range, which is not a good idea imo because A.) Elfire is right there, and B.) You’re not getting a lot of bang for your buck. Sure, it might be easier to wield than an Elfire tome, but when you’re locked to one-range only, it’s not a fair enough trade to justify its usage and general existence. I don’t even know what utility this could have because, in the player’s hands, it’s just useless because when you have a similarly capable Thunder tome that can attack at 1-2 range, why bother with fighting someone at melee range when you’re just risking a counter on a frail, delicate magic user? You can’t even use it to enemy phase because it’s locked to one-range, so you’ll only be able to clear half the enemies instead of all the enemies. And in the enemy’s hands, it’s a downright joke because all you need to do is chuck a Javelin or two from two-range and make a fool out of the enemy Mage. I’d say that if you want this spell to be compelling, make it so that when someone like Xilian wields it, especially on the enemy side, he/she/they become a brick wall, around +5 Def/Res (maybe even a few points of HP if you’re feeling naughty ;3), so even when they can’t attack from a further range than five inches in front of them, they can still tank the other half of the enemy forces and wait it out. That way, it has a solid niche as the choking spell, something that you can use when you’re tired of having your armor knight do all the provoking and want to be funny/silly :two_hearts: However, this might require a name change to match it up more to its new gimmick, something like “Thor”/“Thorhammer” or a name based on any other thunder-based deity cause of how strong they are and will make you :sparkling_heart: The one thing I do like about this tome is that it’s legitimately the exact midpoint between Surge and Elsurge from Engage, which is honestly pretty awesome :333 Overall, 8/10, definitely unique but needs a bunch more stuff to make it worth an inventory slot and usage in combat.

(I would put feedback here for the other three tomes, but I didn’t expect to have that much to say about Spark, and I predict a similar amount of criticism for the other three, so those will have to wait :sweat_smile:)

That would be good. So you don’t need certain units to recruit certain units if you replaced them with the tactician. Would the tactician use only anima and dark? Or would you make it so they can learn light and use staves as well? I think just to give them another edge they should get a special item(doesn’t have to be exclusive to them) to further warrant their inclusion. Make it during the last chapters or something so they would have to be used very often to be able to survive and get it. I also think the supports should be only with the lords and give it increased or unique support buffs since he is their tactician and they rely heavily on him. That would be amazing and fit well imo

1 Like

Yeah. I thought of it as an option with very high accuracy that you can use. But I will buff it’s might (+ 2), give it double WEXP and I decrease it to D rank.

And of course I will keep the normal tomes, those new tomes will be new options. My goal is to create a game where weapons of many types exist, like I also added in a better Longbow and a Bolting like bow. I want every weapon type to feel like it has more choices, like you can use the old and reliable, but I also think the player deserves better than that. Especially as in vanilla anima and light tomes are very samy, but I also hope that adding to other weapon types results in some powerful and unique builds.

2 Likes

A “best affinity.” sounds pretty neat.
Yeah, I think I will go with that idea.

1 Like

I think Tact name is stored at text ID 1341 assigning that as name should work.
This is based on using Tactical advance as a base for something I might work on later.

1 Like

How do I do that?

1 Like