FE6 Self Randomizing Rom [Complete]

This rom randomizes everything based on an initial seed, you know the drill!

Self Randomizer Download - for FE6J

About

Settings
Customize what to randomize & the amount of variance.

Match seeds & settings with a friend to have an identical experience, even down to the items found and your levelups.

Random Classes

Random Growths

100% and 0% growths can also be chosen.

Random Bases & Caps

Always 30 is also an option for stat caps.

Random Found Items

Random Gold Amounts

Random Shops & Item Stats

Credits

Credits

By Vesly

Gringe’s FE6 translation used with permission.

Original Translation Credits

Special thanks to…

• tabachanker for being the Jesus of Hacking and helping so much on the opening class scroll, opening prologue, widening the menus, fixing the inconsistent level-up screens, and implementing new world map graphics, new features, and more
  • bookofholsety for the graphics and continued testing support
  • The original patch developers for doing most of the groundwork
  • Onmi for making the FEditor compatibility patch for FE6
  • shadowofchaos for helping solve the c17 Ilia chapter title problem and for his notes on FE6
  • bartre for solving the Elphin glitch, menu/interface text, and teaching me how to magick the hex code
  • Barth for fixing some graphic glitches
  • DrPikachu for testing every single support and posting the errors in the support thread

Special Thanks - Circles for the 2018 Fe8 Self Randomizer as reference.
Also a big thanks to the fe8u decomp contributors, as I copied many functions from that.
Casual Mode - Circles, 7743
Fix REDAs - 7743
BattleStatsAnimsOff - Tequila
Hp Bars - Circles, Tequila
Hard mode unlock - 7743
L button cycling - Aurawolf
Colour Hue Function - Huichelaar

My Projects
Pokemblem
AW2 Randomizer
FE7 Self Randomizer
FE6 Self Randomizer

20 Likes

Absolutely incredible, love to see the trilogy be complete. Very nice work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another day, another Vesly Banger.
finally the best of the gba games is getting a self randomizer too. Will give it a try over the next few days

3 Likes

fe6srr-0
Great start I guess :rofl:
Another dancer
fe6srr-2
Oh god this seed is dancer emblem
fe6srr-4

6 Likes

Fixed an issue with Cath freezing the game. Please update, thanks.

2 Likes

These keep making me curious as to how difficult it would be to apply a randomizer to… already non-vanilla ROMs.

3 Likes

My only complaint is that Flux should really be an E rank tome. You can get E rank shamans with no usable equipment. Maybe have the unusable staves removed as well? Or is it a vanilla only type deal?

3 Likes

Hello Vesly, I’ve found one bug that softlocks the game, cecilia having only staves(she stayed a valkyrie) attacking zephiel with her heal staff softlocks(his hp goes up then to minus and so on)
He’s a druid with only staves too, annoyingly
Also, unless klein/thea are brigands or fliers, thea is unrecruitable
Thank you for this randomizer, I’m enjoying it!

2 Likes

Fixed.
Removed the ability the get the useless staff “Makes closed areas visible.” - are there any other completely useless staves? I’ve left in the pretty much useless Torch and Unlock staves, though.

Enemies with staff+another weapon rank will now always get a weapon in their first slot, while the latter slots can get staves. Hopefully that solves this issue. I’ve also made Thea not start on mountains.

Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!
I noticed when I loaded my save in the new patch, that weapons were randomized, though I didn’t choose it
I’ll reroll it

1 Like

I had to change the layout of saved data a little at one point, but there should be no issue on a fresh save.

Edit: Added a way to change your settings after the game has already started.

I also randomized music.

Thanks to @ScubaLuigi for the list of BGM track IDs to randomize from.

I also did this same stuff for FE7 randomizer, but I don’t want to bump both threads lol.

Edit: Fixed random bgm from making the bgm silent after combat with Scub’s help. I also made battle bgm random.

7 Likes

I’ve now added random colours, infinite durability, fixed levelups (always average stats), and player bonus as new options and I also reworked the menu to make it scroll.

mGBA_6b1u2naYYS

Same goes for fe7 / fe8.

6 Likes