FE6 + FE7 + FE8 Plus [Enhancement Patch]

By the way, which FE8 patch are you using? US, Mix, or JPN? It probably won’t matter, but it will be good to know.

I’m sure it’s fixed growth, but not sure whether it’s mix or US (not JP). Hope it helps!

Sorry I’ve been taking a long time to get back to you. College and work have been busy. I will try to work on it this weekend. At this point, I wish that somebody who was better at programming and more interested in Fire Emblem made the patches instead of me lol. But, I’ll do my best to work on these issues/ask the relevant people for help

Sorry for the bump, I see that it has been a bit since the last question.

Is there a way to turn off default fast mode? The rest of the patch is amazing btw

1 Like

No worries. Sorry, I’m basically done working on this. The FE8 patch is even a little buggy. However, keep in mind that I made these patchs using FEBuilder almost exclusively. If you wanted, you could make your own patch with whichever features you wanted. However, I’m probably not going to do it. Sorry.

Hi, this is totally random, but I’m back into FE ROMhacking (at least for a little bit). I’ve spent some time rebuilding the FE8 Plus ROM while avoiding some of the hacks that were likely to cause glitches, and I can confirm to you that on FE8 Plus (Mix), the triangle attack works properly again. I haven’t actually updated the patches yet, but I will do so in a day or two. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention. I never use the triangle attack, so I wouldn’t have noticed lol. I will let you know when the patch is updated.

Hi, I just realized I sort of misunderstood your question. The two changes I’ve made in the patch are unlocking the “Hold A to move faster” option and I auto-set the game speed to fast. If you set the game speed to normal in the options and don’t hold A, you should be able to move your units slowly.

I’m glad to hear that and look forward to your new patch! Thank you for your great work.

1 Like

I reuploaded the FE8 patch. I rebuilt it, so hopefully the reported bugs should be fixed. I have not be able to replicate the triangle attack glitch or the summon glitch, so that should hopefully be fixed. Also, I think there were some changes in the JPN version of the patch that I had failed to make, so this new version should be even closer to the original.

1 Like

What emulator do I use since I couldn’t get it to work on Mgba or visual boy advance it just kept saying the file was invalid.Sorry I’m new to this.

Make sure you have patched it properly. Download a software called flips to patch the ups patch to the gba rom of the base game. We can’t give you the base rom, so you’ll have to find it yourself.

I was able to get fe7 and 8 working so thank you but I’m still having problems with 6.

The FE6 hacks aren’t patching. Is there a known issue there?

1 Like

Hi, I just looked at it, and it looks like there might be an issue. I will fix it within the next couple of days. Thanks for letting me know

Awesome, let me know when you fix and I’ll dive in.

May be too late to ask but there seems to be an issue in FE7 where if someone dies in casual mode they lose all their support ranks

could you add “display growths on the character screen” to fe8?

I don’t know how you did this, but Seth is here in Unbroken Heart.

Trying to move him teleports him here, which is out of bounds.

He has all the items I left him with in Chapter 5, and he can use them.

He is also on the minimap. Amogus.

However, he can’t actually do anything, and he’s not on the unit list.

You have created Schrodinger’s Seth. I don’t know what’ll happen to him after this chapter, but really, I’ve got no clue how this occurred in the first place. This was just supposed to be a QOL patch.

And yes, I’ve tried restarting the chapter. He is still here. I can’t get rid of him. If I make him end his turn out of bounds, he teleports back to his position inside the wall.

Update: changing my PC worked for some reason… which is weird, because I’m still using the exact same save and ROM. And the same emulator. So I really have no clue what’s going on.

The bug below occurred on a version of this patch from one year ago, and it is a softlock. Currently, I don’t know if this happened to anyone else, and this didn’t occur to ME on the newest version, but I’m putting this here just in case.

The image above is what you get after seizing in Chapter 14 (Ephraim route). Try as I might, I can’t get through this – the game just gets stuck. I’m using mGBA, and the only modification to my ROM is this patch. All units are recruited and alive.

Hard resetting after the game gets stuck doesn’t accomplish anything – you just get brought to the softlock when you resume. Attempting to skip cutscenes also does nothing. Waiting a few turns also does nothing, and of course, you can only seize with Ephraim.

I could restart the chapter to see if it breaks again, but I am quite sure the softlock has to do with the animation upon seizing not working anymore, so restarting the chapter and replaying it from the beginning likely wouldn’t accomplish anything. I have no clue why a QOL patch would break that animation, but it seems to.

1 Like