FE6 + FE7 + FE8 Plus [Enhancement Patch]

Fe6 items with fe7 stats is a feature of the numbers patch which I’ve already included as an optional patch. Basically, I’ve already done that.

4 Likes

New version is out. All that’s new is that the Numbers version of FE6 is updated from 2.0 to 2.1, which fixes some bugs. Please redownload if you plan on using FE6 Numbers patch.

1 Like

Just want to let you that the FE 8 patch crashes the game whenever you target walls and snags.

1 Like

Uh oh! Thanks for letting me know; I’ll see what I can do. Which version of the FE8 patch were you playing?
EDIT: After some brief testing, I can say that the US version of the patch works, but the others don’t. I think I know why, too. Working on a fix now.
EDIT 2: The bug should be fixed. The issue seemed to come from a glitch in FEBuilder when importing text files. You can redownload now.

I am trying to get the FE6 Plus to work but if I patch my game into English then patch FE6 Plus everything is in Japanese again. If I do the translation last then I can’t select Hard mode so I assume the patch doesn’t work. What should I do?

The patch includes the english translation in it. You only need to patch the game once

Doesn’t work then. It is Japanese for me.

Which patch did you use? I tried patching FE6 with the basic patch and the numbers patch and both worked.

The fixed numbers patch

I just tested it again and it worked so that is weird. Nevermind then. Had to learn how to use FEBuilder for nothing I guess.

1 Like

NOTE: FE8’s Casual Mode was broken. Please redownload the patches.

1 Like

Hi! Registered just to say thank you for such a great mod. I’ve been looking for a way to play these without permadeath and this just hits the right spot. However, I play on a 3dsxl via injection and I think applying the mod conflicts with the injector’s sleep patch so now I can’t L+R+Select to put the game to sleep.

EDIT: Nevermind. I tried another injector and it WORKS!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!

I’m having an issue with the FE8 patch where battle animations don’t play on enemy phase most of the time. I’ve seen them show up sometimes but haven’t been able to notice any particular pattern for when or why. They do always work on player phase though.

Otherwise, nice work, thanks for these. I used your patch to play a run of FE7 and the quality of life features were much appreciated :+1:

How do I get these patches to work with 0%? Do I need an entirely new combo patch?

I sent you a message on romhackingnet, but just in case you don’t check that I’ll send it here as well. It seems casual mode does not stay enabled between console power cycles, whether on emulator or original console when turning it on and off casual mode does not stay enabled on your save file. Also all supports are lost upon character death.

2 Likes

Minor Update: Lime_Lime875 let me know about a problem with Casual Mode in FE6, and while I fixed it with the help of 7743, I also updated the Fixed Growths mode to a newer version. If you’re using this patch with FE6, then redownload it now. If not, then you don’t have to do anything

I didn’t notice there is a thread here, and pm’ed the creator on romhacking two weeks ago. Just in case it was missed, I would reproduce my bug report for FE8 Plus here:

The famous triangle attack, which normally requires three Pegasus Knights surrounding an enemy, can be activate with only two of them surrounding an enemy, e.g.

O
XO

instead of

O
XO
O

I found this bug when the second Pegasus knight became available in chapter 9A. I don’t want to take advantage of this which would reduce difficulties, but if I want to avoid this I need to carefully position them to prevent the triangle attack.

Notwithstanding the bug above, I did enjoy my play time with the enhancement patches and complete FE7 and FE8 twice and once respectively, so great thanks for the patches!

1 Like

Hi, I saw your message on RHDN. To be honest, I didn’t reply because I totally forgot about it lol.

Can you tell me which version of the patch you were playing? Also, could you send me a save file? It would be best if you could give me a step-by-step guide to go from the title screen to replicating the bug in your save file so I can confirm it easily.

I will try to fix this or get someone to help me fix it. If that doesn’t work, I’ll just amend the ReadMe to mention this bug.

See this save file. You can resume the third save slot (i.e. Chapter 20).

1. There’s a monster nearby. Move one of the three Pegasus knights, ANY one of them, and wait on a space next to the monster.
  2. Then move ANY of the remaining two Pegasus knights to another space next to the monster. The two Pegasus knights next to the monster can be diagonally adjacent to each other, or sandwich the monster.
  3. Attack the monster immediately after moving as per step 2.
  4. The attack will be a triangle attack.

I hope I’m as clear as possible, cause English is not my first language. As said, the bug occurs as early as chapter 7, when the second Pegasus knight is available.

1 Like

Thanks for the instructions. They’re perfectly clear. I’ll look into it as soon as I can. I can’t promise that I can fix it, but I can do my best.