FE6 + FE7 + FE8 Plus [Enhancement Patch]

I am coming to realize that releasing anything computer-y on the internet is a big mistake, because debugging is a nightmare. This is why I switched my major from CS to Poli Sci lol. Please send me the save file and I will take a look (and let me know which version of the game you are playing btw)

Just a heads-up, if it soft-locks for me too, then I have no idea how to fix it. The only solution I could think of is to rebuild the rom by applying all the patches again, but that sounds like a pain and I probably wouldnā€™t get around to it for a loooooong time.

1 Like

Update: I think the issue mightā€™ve occurred because I was using an outdated version of the patch. Using the same savestate and savefile on a freshly patched ROM allowed me to get through the cutscene, so itā€™s possible the issue was fixed.

Elite crosspost.

For now, Iā€™m going to edit my previous post with the assumption that Iā€™m correct and this is an outdated patch thing (mine was the version from one year ago). If anyone else experiences this, they can corroborate, if not, Iā€™ll write it off as it being my fault for not updating.

That is a huge relief! Like I said, if someone was broken, I would have been totally screwed. I hope you are enjoying the patch otherwise (though I really wish somebody more involved in the scene had made this patch so that they could handle up-keep of the patch and such. I donā€™t even remember the last time I touched an FE game haha)

Iā€™m sorry for pinging you for what appears to have been in issue that has been fixed. Enjoy your FE vacation :joy:

Iā€™m going to keep the report there in case somebody runs into the same problem.

I am, playing fe8 with QOL is nice. Iā€™ll make sure to update the FE7 and FE6 patches now, and if I encounter any issues when I play them, Iā€™ll post. Again, sorry.

1 Like

Oh, itā€™s no worry :slight_smile:. If anything goes wrong, you should ping me because Iā€™d at least like to know. And besides, remaking the ROM is a pain, but itā€™s not too terrible.

So just to make sure, FE6 isnā€™t supposed to have the HP bars or any other enhancements, right? Any chance of adding that later or is there just not enough interest?

Also, I couldnā€™t get the ā€œhold L to turn off/on animationsā€ to work in FE7, just 8. EDIT: nvm, just had to set animation setting to ā€œ2ā€.

And is there a reason when importing my completed FE7 save, the link arena shows up twice? The first time I clicked link arena it started a new game oddly, then when I restarted it takes me to the link arena now. Both of them just take me to the link arena and Iā€™m not really sure what caused it to create a new game the first time. Anyway, just an odd little thing, really not a big deal, just curious

Thank you so much for these patches :slight_smile:

Yo mane, this QoL changes look great! I wanted to play FE7 with a twist and all the changes listed here seem great for a new playthrough.

I just wonder if the convoy cap is at 200, guess Iā€™ll discover it while playing, always hated the fact of small convoy in the gba games! Iā€™ll update any weird stuff that I see out of place (will be testing in MyBoy emulator).

One thing in FE7 that should probably get fixed is Nergalā€™s bugged battle palette.
Heā€™s meant to have a palette assigned to him that displays on his battle sprite, but because itā€™s not set for promoted classes, it actually uses a generic colour for the Dark Druid class, which is considered ā€œpromotedā€. This is a bug in vanilla.

1 Like

FE7 patch is great, though I learned the hard way that the Mine Glitch has been removed. I think that information should be included in the post or the main READme file rather than being buried in the secondary readme in a subfolder. I would also love to see a version of this patch where the glitch is reinstated, especially since itā€™s 100% optional and doesnā€™t detract from the experience of trying to play the game normally.

1 Like

Good day all. Just wondering whether thereā€™s a way to get the QoL changes without unlocking the full list of supports? Iā€™d like to have a Rom/Save file with the QoL changes such as the HP bar but leave the supports untouched as Iā€™d like to unlock them myself over several playthroughs. Ideally Iā€™d like to use Fixed mode and the HP bars are a must have, any other QoL hacks Iā€™m willing to sacrifice if it means I can omit the supports being unlocked. Is there anyway to do this using this or another patch? Thank you in advance.

Great patch I was replaying 7 and 8 and looking for some QoL fixes. It fit the bill perfectly.

1 Like