[FE5] [Complete] Fire Emblem: New Theory of Thracia 776

another visual bug when you recruit Galzus

did you played FE5 before,? :sob:

do I need to go to chapter 24 with Sara to get 24x?

I have, I’m guessing you changed it from the options menu? I thought it was implemented into the hack or something

yeah I changed it with the menus :V

Oh, well it looks really good! Haha thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I guess I lost Tanya :v and I dont’ have a rescue staff

1 Like

Thanks for the report. I will fix this in the next update.

I did not consider this. I will fix Transporter to be able to enter the magic floor in the next update.

Linoan has a small amount of Heim’s blood, but its power is weak and not enough to handle the sacred weapon.

Chapter 24x was changed to Chapter 25. Always go to this chapter.

4 Likes

For Tanya I ended using a cheat to get a warp staff for Leif to warp Tanya to the escape point. I forgot that 24x is now 25 lmao

1 Like

Regardless of the method, I am glad you were able to proceed without problems. Thanks to you others will be able to carry Transporter without using cheats.

1 Like

Mareeta can use the Shadow Sword when you get it in the final chapter?

It is possible.

1 Like

Is it possible to recruit everyone in two playthroughts? Or is three needed?

My original plan was:

Summary

First: Save village in 2 > capture Olwen > skip 11x > go Route B > get Shannan/Iuchar/Iucharba

Second: Kill Halvan > Skip village (losing Ronan and Tina) > kill Dalsin > get Jeanne and Hicks > kill Dagdar and get Gomez > get Ralph and Asaello > go Route A > kill Fee after getting Misha > get Saias > capture Ishtore > get August

The problem is I won’t see late Safy or get Reinhardt (bc you need to do late Olwen to get Rein)

I also have some ideas for more secret characters if you would like.

Summary

These three essentially replace Nanna, Diarmuid/Delmud, and Ares:
Tristan (Free Knight): Joins in Chapter 10 if Nanna is dead
Karin (Pegasus Rider): Joins in Chapter 12 if Nanna is dead
Fergus (Forrest Knight): Joins in Chapter 19 by talking with Jeanne, only appears if Nanna is dead like Asaello

The next three replace the dandelions (Salem, Perne, Trude):
Kane (Lance Knight): Chapter 13 if 12x was skipped (Salem is dead)
Alva (Lance Knight): Chapter 13 if 12x was skipped (Salem is dead)
Robert (Arch Knight): Chapter 13 if 12x was skipped (Salem is dead)

Laylea (Dancer) joins then as well, but only if Lara is dead.

Homer (Sage) is mutually exclusive with Misha in Chapter 17A, has to be captured by Nanna and survive (basically Misha recruitment but with Nanna instead of Fee)

Having Mareeta dead makes one of Homer and Shannam appear in Galzus’s place depending on the chosen route, they join by talking with the recruited one (eg if you went route A, Shannam shows up, and you talk with Homer, and vice versa)

Sleuf (High Priest) can also join in Route A Chapter 18 if one of Kempf/Ilios is dead, as an alternative Amalda recruiter (only replaces Ilios as well due to the 48 character cap)

I know this is a lot to ask, but one can only hope :slight_smile:

I hadn’t thought about whether it was possible to cover them all with a reduced number of playthroughs, so I didn’t get it. I am not sure if the following is correct, as it is what I thought about on the table.

There are 2 major branches, but they do not interact, so I think I can probably recruit them all in 3 laps.

branch 1:

• Not go to Chapter 2 (Daisy, Ralph, Asaello)
  • Go to Chapter 2 and not go to Chapter 2x (Chapter 13 Saffi)
  • Go to Chapter 2 and Chapter 2x (normal)

branch 2:

• Capture Olwen in Chapter 10, not go to Chapter 11x, and choose the Coastal Route (Reinhardt, Olwen)
  • Capture Olwen in Chapter 10, not go to Chapter 11x, and choose the Forest Route (Shannan, Johan)
  • Go to Chapter 11x, and let Fred die (Joharva)

Combine these in each lap. (If you don’t want to let them die along the way, you will need to do a few more laps.)

If I add new units, I will need to do playthrough tests, but I don’t have the time to do that now. I would like to edit eventually.

1 Like

Thanks for your response ai. It is appreciated.

Unrelated, but if I understand correctly, it is impossible to recruit Reinhardt/Late Olwen/Shannan/Johan and Johalva in the same playthrough? How the website worded it is that Johalva joins as long as Olwen was captured in Chapter 10 and Fred is not in the party. To me this implies you still get him if you skip 11x. Am I missing something?

I don’t know if this is due to wrong browser translation results or not, but it is not implemented that way.

Summary

In addition to the absence of Fred, Johalva will only join if 2 conditions are not met: “Captured and not released Olwen in Chapter 10” and “Not go to Chapter 11x”.

When all of these 2 conditions are met, the conditions for joining Johalva are no longer met. For exanple, if Olwen is captured but released in Chapter 10, his joining condition is met. Or, if you let Olwen escape in Chapter 10 and did not go to Chapter 11x, etc., the conditions for joining him will still be met.

I plan to publish a translated version of that page, as it is not good to leave documents related to such conditional judgments to the machine translation of browsers.

PS: It has been translated. There is a link at the top of this thread.

1 Like

Updated. This update includes changes to the way memory values are held. Please see the note at the bottom of this post for more information.

And my PC crashed while editing and some of the build files, especially the English item description files, were corrupted. I recovered the file by copying it from the released patch using the hex editor, but there is a possibility that the garbled text is still there. If you find it, please let us know.

Change:

• Added rare items to the belongings of enemies in chapters 9, 15, and 19. These chapters were easy to finish, so I encouraged players to dive into the sea of suffering themselves.
  • Changed the item given at the house in chapter 10 and 19.
  • Changed Javelins carried by the Thracian army in chapters 14 and 23 to Slender spears.
  • Changed Amalda’s death quote in Chapter 15. If she dies without being able to protect the village, she can never say “good”.
  • Changed some of the dialogue in Chapter 22.
  • Changed Super Proof so that lower classes can no longer use it.
  • Changed promotion process when 2nd and subsequent, it will decrease level by 3. There was no benefit to changing classes multiple times and the items were just a waste.
  • Changed to allow Transporter to enter the magic floor at a moving cost of 4.
  • Changed HP display palette for on-map combat.
  • Changed to display another unit by pressing the L/R button on the enemy’s stats screen, even on fog of war maps. Also made it work the same way on maps during preparation.
  • Changed the hit detection of attacks to use the average of 2RN when the hit rate is 50% or more, and 1RN when the hit rate is 49% or less (Fates and after method).
  • The terrain name of breakable walls has been changed to “Fragile” so that it is clear which walls can be broken.
  • The cracked wall map chips, the image was changed so that the one with the larger crack is the “Fragile”. It was very strange that the one with the smaller crack was breakable and the one with the larger crack was not.
  • Added a description of which items specifically cannot be sent in the Guide. (Cannot “Send” items that cannot be sold.)
  • Added Lara’s (normal) portrait. The previous portrait was changed to use for Dancer and Master Dancer.
  • Changed real combat animations for Sword Master (Eyvel, Mareeta), Forrest, Thief (Patti, Daisy), Master Thief (Patti).
  • Added some new items.
  • The might of some weapons has been increased to adjust the balance.

Fix:

• Changed the dialogue when Eyvel is captured and repositioned in Chapter 5 to not repeat the same content more than once.
  • Changed the “Send” command cannot be used by Eyvel and Nanna in Chapter 5 until you open the door to the gladiatorial arena.
  • Fixed missing line breaks of the Talk command dialogue in Chapter 18.
  • Fixed dialogue overflowing of Mareeta and Galzus’ talk in Chapter 24.
  • Fixed description overflowing when trying to sell Balmung.
  • Fixed spelling of Asaero to Asaello.
  • Fixed several other errors.

New Feature1:

Added the new command “Destroy”. Destroys doors, “Fragile” terrain (cracked walls, etc.) to make entering possible. This can only be used by classes that have “Armor” in their class type.

Video explanation and demonstration is here. The video is in Japanese audio but with English subtitles.

New Feature2:

Added the new status condition “Break”. Break disables counterattacks during the current phase and an action in the next turn. (It is recovered after 1 turn.)

Break state is brought about by Iron Blade or Battle Axe. If Break occurs during a combat, the combat will end at that point.

Video explanation and demonstration is here. The video is in Japanese audio but with English subtitles.

New Feature3:

I have added the display of Magic Correction (MAG) and Recovery Effect (:heart:) to the terrain window on the map. The recovery effect is indicated by a heart symbol like in FE4; this is only displayed when pointing to terrain with a recovery effect.

And now that the amount of recovery can be displayed, I added differences depending on the terrain. The amount is 5 for forts, 10 for thrones, gates, and magic circles, and 20 for churches (all are fixed values, not percentages).

New Feature4:

Added the function to change hidden options. The hidden options screen, including items “Phase Display”, “Formula”, “Hit Detection”, “Game Mode”, and “Edit Hidden Options”, can be called by opening the Options screen while holding down the R button.

fe5x655

Note: To design this, changed memory values used for “Phase Display” and “Game Mode” settings. If you want to continue using the saved data of the casual mode from the previous version, please re-set the value on this screen.

About the formula-changed mode

I sometimes see comments that changes to the formula are unacceptable, so I have made it possible to change the formula in the Options. When “Traditional” is selected, Str or Mag is added to Atk as it is (not halved), and half of Skl is not added to AS.

Do not expect a balanced game, as this hack was not originally designed to be played with the “Traditional” formula. It could be a world of killing or being killed with a single blow.

There are dialogues in the game and in the Guide that mention formulas, but these messages will not change at this time even if the formula is changed.

About the hit detection

Sets how random numbers are used when the hit detection of attacks is made. Default is hybrid.

• 1: Determined by 1 random number (1RN, like vanilla FE5).
  • 2: Determined by the average of 2 random numbers (2RN, like GBA FE).
  • Hybrid: Use 2RN for 50% or greater hit rate, and 1RN for 49% or less (as known as Fates RN).

Note that all judgments other than attack will be always made at 1RN.

About sealing hidden options

I know that some players do not like to have options that have a significant impact on the game frequently changeable, so I made them lockable. If you change this item to “Forbid”, you will not be able to change any of the items on this screen, except the Phase Display, the next time you open this screen. (It appears on the screen that are changeable, but they are not saved when closing.)

2 Likes

is this some kind of overflow?

The dashes represent 255, this is inherited from vanilla. The upper limit is set to 255 to prevent overflow.

The reason why the display differs between the stats screen and the item menu is that the display was modified only for the item menu. The item menu shows comparisons to other equipment, and the comparison to dashes did not convey the meaning.

Hey, @fe5_ai, do you intend to finish the updates someday? I’m waiting this moment to be able to play the game, I don’t like to restart at every update. Sorry, I don’t want to look rude, it is just that I don’t like to restart the game at every update.