[FE5] [Complete] Fire Emblem: New Theory of Thracia 776

Thank you for your inquiry. I know exactly how you feel. I too might not play the hack if others were constantly updating it.

I will have one new feature in the next update and then stop updating. (This is not because you asked me to, I will be busy with other work. I really wanted to finish it by the end of April, but it was delayed because there were some new features that I really needed.) The next update is coming soon. Don’t miss it!

3 Likes

I’m talking about her avoid

the hit overflow I knew it since Super Thracia

I see. I have understood that there is a problem. However, I am not sure what is causing this problem because it is not happening in my environment. Do you know when that happens?

With charisma users and supports around

This happened to with Shannan with Mareeta’s Sword and Eyvel with the Ichii-bal, all of them with supports and charisma around

Updated. (This update is not the scheduled update I mentioned some time ago.)

Fixed Avo overflow that was pointed.

I applied many Charisma and supports, but could not occur the problem. At any rate, I have made changes to catch all possible overflows in the Avo calculation processing. Perhaps the problem no longer occurs.

Try to replicate the problem just like I did, with legendary weapons maybe?

If is of any help, I can send you my save file

That would be very helpful. Please send it to me.

1 Like

A text bug report from my friend.

「ヨツムンガンド」は英語で「Jormungand」と言い、「Yotsumungand」ではない。

This is based on Mr. Kaga’s unique and mysterious sense of language. He often uses coined words that are not based on mythology.

Jormungand is written as ヨルムンガンド in Japanese, so ヨツムンガンド (Yotsumungand) is not Jormungand. It is tempting to translate this as Jormungand, since Hel and Fenrir are the children of Loki/Loptr in Norse mythology, but since FE is not Norse mythology, it should not necessarily follow mythic notation.

However, we can find the notation Jotsmungand or Yotsmungand on Fire Emblem Wiki. Maybe I should have spelled it that way.

1 Like

So now I completed the Blume patch (New Theory of Thracia to me it’s too pretentious ngl). The hack was really enjoyable to play, maybe it’s just me but I prefer to this type of romhacks than vanilla FE5, especially with Super Thracia. The new mechanics and the secret stuff makes every playthrough different and I really like that and the changes in the story are a bit interesting but I’m not a fan of the fatigue here but that is not a problem at all, at least in hard mode. The game maybe has its time when can be annoying like Super Thracia but nothing that can be manageable. The class system I liked it too, it was really fun choosing a class to my units. If I have to put the Blume patch in a tier list of Thracia romhacks, it will be my second favorite. Also, for some reason the Ichii-bal eliminate paragon from Eyvel

1 Like

Thank you for playing! I’m glad you like my hack.

Skills can currently be displayed on the stats screen with up to 8 of them. This is a display only issue, the invisible skills have also retained their effects. Press X to bring up the description window, then press right to move the cursor off the screen and see the description of the invisible skills.

1 Like

If Class is “Troubadour” but Weapon “Lance” and “Axe” and “Scroll” can be equipped…

it might just be me but this seems more of a review for Blume patch than New Theory.

Blume patch is NT’s old name so

Updated. The following new features and changes are included.

• Added the function to display equipment and combat stats information at the screen bottom when hovering over a unit on the map.
    • If the unit equips with a weapon, the name of the weapon is shown.
    • If the unit has no equippable weapons, allies will be shown the name of the available staff that is at the top of the item list. Enemies and NPCs will be shown the name of the available staff that has the highest weapon level.
    • If the unit has more than one item, the number of items in their possession is also displayed.
    • This display disappears when the unit window is disabled.
    • For processing reasons, it is not displayed while units are being rearranged on the Preparation screen.
    • Related to this function, speeded up the display of the unit window (waiting process is removed).
    • I used Zane’s FE5 QOL (Equipped item preview) for part of the processing in this function. Thanks!
  • Changed the weapon type is displayed with text in the unit’s item menu when “HP Bars” is enabled.
    • This is because the display becomes corrupted when the weapon type icon is displayed with a large number of enemies and HP bars on the screen.
    • When “HP Bars” is disabled, the weapon type icon will be displayed as before.
    • Only in Japanese mode is there room for more characters, so the magic sword is displayed as “剣/炎” (Sword/Fire) etc. In English, it just appears as “Sword”.
  • Changed the “Atk” is now displayed as “Ph Atk” (meaning physical attack) or “Mag Atk” (magic attack) when viewing weapons in the unit’s item menu or in the stats screen.
    • This is based on Engage’s notation.
    • Magic swords display the physical attack assuming it is when attacking at range 1.
    • “Atk” will still be displayed as before when the unit is unequipped with a weapon on the stats screen.
  • Changed the initial display in the unit window when hovering over a unit in an abnormal state to show HP. The unit icons will display a symbol that indicates which abnormal state they are in, so there is little need to look at the state name. Players will want to see the HP first when they hover over a unit.
  • Some changes regarding Japanese fonts.

Also, the following problems have been fixed:

• Fixed a case in which the “Swap” command would fail if the equipment was not on the topmost of the item list. And if the equipped weapon is not on the topmost of the list, the command can now be used from the 2nd of the list. In this case, the selected item is moved to the top of the list.
  • Fixed so that the map menu does not come up when the R button is pressed while holding down the Y button while everyone has finished their actions. If the menu is shown in this situation, the terrain window was displayed incorrectly after closing the menu.
  • Fixed a bug that the terrain window was not displayed when the map menu was opened by pressing the R button after all players had finished their actions and then closed by pressing the B button (vanilla bug).
  • Changed to when all players have finished their actions, the turn will not end automatically even if the Autoend Turns function is turned on. If the turn ends automatically in this situation, there was a problem that the terrain window was not displayed at the start of the next turn.

As already declared, with this update, I will temporarily suspend updates because will be busy with other work. If there is a critical problem, I will fix it as soon as possible, but otherwise it will be put on hold until other work settles down. If you haven’t been able to play because of too many updates, please take this opportunity to play!

Screenshots of the new features:

fe5x682

fe5x683

Edit:
There was an issue with a unit icon disappearing when the bottom information was displayed and units were rearranged. Since the memory used to conflict with the unit rearrangement, I changed it so that the information is no longer displayed during the rearrangement.

13 Likes

GBA Fire Emblem and later games can show allies and enemy staff range by highlighting green tiles. Is thsi something feasible for fe5 or even worth the effort given how much (excessive) work it would require?

Is there a way to turn off the thing on the bottom since having it flash about is a bit of an eyesore?