[FE5] [Complete] Fire Emblem: New Theory of Thracia 776

RGN is a whimsical that’s the charm of this game.
How do you open kia staff room? Child npc opens the door as far as I found out.

1 Like

Elfire disappeared as a Bolganone. When I made this change, I could not add more items, so the only way to add something was to delete something. Now I can add it, but it has not been added because I don’t think it is worth the bother.

I know that problem. In vanilla, the status screen has a bug when more than 6 factions are present, but only that problem has been fixed (by Min’s tech).

The hit rate of staves is always 99%, regardless of the skill value. As a side note, even in vanilla the maximum hit rate is only 99%, so you always have 1% (or more) chance of failure.

For Tired 2, I once tried to change it to “過労“ (karo / Overworked) in Japanese mode. However, did not adopt it because 疲労 (as Tired) and 過労 (as Tired 2) looked almost the same and had poor visibility.

Currently, the English mode follows the Japanese description. But it may be acceptable to change it only in English, since it has visibility and clearly distinguishable in English.

The Kia staff room is almost identical to Vanilla FE5. The only difference is the faces of the children. Since it is not a good tendency to save only children with the same face, I gave all children with four different faces the possibility to be the unlocker.

1 Like

The hit rate of staves is always 99%, regardless of the skill value. As a side note, even in vanilla the maximum hit rate is only 99%, so you always have 1% (or more) chance of failure.

Is… that correct? I remember Ultimage dug into it awhile back and found no trace of a 99 cap for staff accuracy. The game doesn’t even roll a number if the unit has more than 10 Skill, so how can it miss? :thinking:

I notice the crusader scrolls don’t block criticals while capturing the enemy.
Is it worth to go tiresome way and capture Beld/Veld to get his Narvi dark magic tome. Can Sara use this tome?
Does Loptyr fang (sword) have any use? Ishtore can no longer use the fang. Ishatore changes to bragi sword so it is better not to keep it but discord the loptyr sword by having the sword in captured Ishtore (chapter Fallen Prince) inventory? One more slot is always welcome. Supply 128 slots is just not enough often.

I now checked and it appears that vanilla does not have a hit limit. My memory was a bit fuzzy as I changed this process a long time ago. Thanks for pointing this out.

I couldn’t reproduce it. “while capturing the enemy” refers to what exactly?

If Sara, Salem, or Julia can equip a sword, they can equip it.

When you use Capture option not Attack to initiate combat with the enemy (in order to capture him). In this instance criticals aren’t blocked. Criticals are blocked when you use Attack option. I don’t know maybe this thing about crusader scrolls not blocking critials when capturing the enemy is how they worked in unhacked game.

At least promoting Salem into Fighter Mages has some advantage (can equip Loptyr Fang). The reason I didn’t promote him into Fighter Mage was because he can no longer cast dark magic spells. I promoted Sara into Shaman and chose Sety instead of Julia.

Renaming Ced into Sety is the best. The name is so catchy. :joy:

I was playing with cheat inserted Return Staff. Interesting. Only useable by Sara and can get both allies and enemies off the map. I dunno nothing about the return staff stability on the save games. I never used it and saved the game because I was afraid it would break something. I know from a test that the ally that is teleported away from the map using this staff will be available for deployment in the next map. If I am not mistaken the staff probably works by placing a unit on escape tile and having unit use escape option from the window.
It is only offensive staff meaning if you want get enemy off the map you choose it from the Attack window option and not Staff. When using Return staff the enemy can sometimes counterattack. Kinda looks silly after the enemy is gone from the map and counterattack happens :joy: The hit rate seems to be always 100% for return staff. The combat info window that pops up when using the staff shows
Hit —

I have tested under those conditions, but cannot reproduce. Please provide any reproducible saved data, etc.

fe5x.9
Using Capture command when have the crusader’s scroll.

fe5x.10
Using Capture command when not have the crusader’s scroll.

About the return staff: This staff works almost perfectly well, but when used against Leif, it causes a soft lock. As long as this problem exists, it cannot be implemented as a regular item.

One simple solution is to make it exclusive to Leif, but there is no basis for exclusive use, so it is unused.

1 Like

If I may ask what are the current plans for the hack? :slight_smile:
I’m loving how you fixed broken Eveyl at the end of the game. She’s finally playable all the way through when she’s available

Feels the way she was in Geanology Fe4.

I plan on adding some QOL and adding dialogue in more niche patterns (When a boss is captured, etc.). Also, I have not played through test since adding items like a wing ring that could destroy balance, so I will do soon. If I notice anything during that, will fix or add.

4 Likes

Haven’t used wing ring much mostly because I optted out from not receiving extra damage from ballista which is devastating. Only used the ring where it was beneficial. Around the chapters where you defend Tahara I sold all antidote except one item which I came to regret (normal mode) later because it wasn’t available in the stores and no enemy had it in the inventory. I like how you made narvi stone turning magic tome available only in second to last chapter Sara is op with the tome. Even without the narvi she is doing criticals like every third/fourth attack. IMO Hel could be made available for player maybe not make it work on bosses? Or lower its hit rate but only for player like when hel is swapped for fenrir when player takes the hel from enemy’s inventory but just swap hel for different version of hel that has like 15 hit rate. Bragi sword is kind of overpowered. The loptyr mages can’t even attack against the sword. I understand the need for bragi sword to work the way it works but only for Ishtore. I would nerf a little Ares sword maybe taking away one skill. In my opinion Dean max hp is bit too low for his lvl and he’s promoted unit. I ended up using super proof on him. For me biggest disappointment were Patti and Daisy especially because I couldn’t get Daisy promoted to mounted bandit. I tried using knight and master seal on Daisy. These two thieves lack the proper speed growth. I would also nerf some negative HP growth penalties for crusader scrolls or change one or two scrolls that give boost to hp growth. I remember some scrolls in unhacked game had hp positive growth. Asbel wind, Arthur thunder, who do you recommend for fire mage? I found that Miranda and Tinny are bit too underleveled with Tinny especially. At least there is arena and Tinny gets a special thornorn spell tome. What are conditions for recruiting the bard from Tahara? He ended up not joining me. IMO one unpromoted armor Darcin isn’t enough at least there should be some repplacement for him if one chooses to skip chapter 2. Othin or Halval two axe fighters or hicks can made for extra armor class. Staves are op but I guess that’s the whole charm of this game the enemy benefits from op staves too.

For me the most difficult chapter was mother and daughter Ishtore chasing me caught me off guard he killed like 3 my units when I intended only to sacrifice one (casual mode). My Daisy thief just wasn’t fast enough to get item from the outside chest in mother and daughter chapter. Patti could talk with Eveyl in the chapter 5 but I didn’t know how to make it possible. As soon as arena door is open Eveyl gets turned to stone. Chapter with Darcin the dungeon one was though too I would nerf a little reinforcement. I loved the unpredictability of the reinforcement chances and random tile for spawn in the gaiden chapter freedom

It is probably too much tedious work but that would be cool if all reinforcement could be spawn based on random chances and random tile in some chapters.

So the level and stat caps has been raised in this hack? Have enemies become stronger to accomodate this change? Also, I’m curious to know if S drinks are still as abundant as they were in the original.

Stamina drinks are few and hard to come by and expensive and available in secret stores. Tahara sells s drinks too but damn expensive I ended up not buying any. IMO normal mode feels like normal mode in unhacked game. The stats caps are balanced. Fatigue system is better handled. As you acquire more fatigue above your max hp you gonna get your stats penalized. Can’t use those high ranking staves forever in one chapter without drinking s drinks.

Enemy stats do increase with time to, mostly, match the player’s power, it’s very close to vanilla in terms of being able to snow ball due to the existence of scrolls, but enemies getting very powerful tools to deal with you as well, if you ask me difficulty caps at tahra where a lot of the enemy reinforcements are promoted and powerful mounted units then drops and raises chapter to chapter within a stable range.

Augusto the boss super chad of the Thracia. Just look at that baldness.

I know statistically that if reduce the hit rate of a very powerful item, players will just save and load repeatedly until they hit it.

Well, since players can use Narvi, which is much more evil than Hel, it is understandable that you think Hel should be able to use it too. But I am not sure if it would really be fun to be able to use it.

This effect is a tribute to the FE1 falchion. The FE1 falchion nullifies melee attacks from non-Manaketes.

This seems too strong at first glance and is really strong, but it is not hard to imagine that if this effect had not existed, complaints about enemies petrify attack would have swelled. I don’t want to fight Beld without the Bragi Sword.

Prepromoted units, not just Deen, have their HP set by the character’s innate life force, with little regard for prepromoted. This follows the vanilla numerical design. So units that promoted from the lower classes will have more higher HP than them. Prepromoed units have more higher stats (especially Def) as a replacement.

Daisy was originally going to be forced promotion after her conversation with Patti in Chapter 21. However, I felt that if the timing between joining and promotion was too late, no one would want to use her. So I made her available for promotion on her own. As a result, if a player made a bad choice (I dare say so), Daisy would be missing most of her charm.

Since this is undesirable, if Daisy is not a Forrest Knight, I will change that she will be promoted in the relevant conversation in Chapter 21.

Daisy’s overall lack of growth rate is inevitable, but Patti’s speed growth rate is indeed a little too low. I will adjust it.

Right now, the scrolls are designed in such a way that players only want to hold two or three at most. If players are required to fight with 6 scrolls like in vanilla, they will be under the compulsion of having to trade items every time they level up. This delays the game and I wanted to avoid that. Also, if the more you have, the better off you are, the units that leveled up first will suffer a loss.

If a combination of multiple scrolls can be used to counteract a negative, that combination becomes a must. So all negatives were consolidated into HP.

Arthur or Miranda. Arthur can use Dire thunder without having to up his Wlv, so he can prioritize fire leveling. There are some situations where it would be useful if he could use Bolting, but that job can be left to Olwen or others.

Miranda will not be useful immediately after joining, so on the other hand, it will be easy to raise her as you wish. Another advantage is that she has elite skills, so the required weapon level is lower.

There is no way to recruit him now. I plan to allow him to join as an alternative unit for someone else in the future.

I certainly would like to have more armors, but do not have characters who are acceptable to appear with armor. For that reason, I increased the number of units that can become armors through promotion.

There is no way for them to converse in Chapter 5. That will be waiting until the end of Chapter 25.

Randomly spawning reinforcements are hard to handle in terms of difficulty, it made chapter 4 too difficult or too easy. I prevented reinforcements from spawning when there are a certain number of them, but perhaps I should add more control.

The stats cap is 40. However, Lower classes’ stats are capped at 20 except luck. Level is capped at 30. It drops by 10 when promoted.

Enemy stats have been adjusted assuming 30 is the limit. Some enemies have exceeded 30.

The free available is not much different, purchases are restricted. For example, you can buy up to 3 in Tahra. (And for every one you buy, seller drives up the price.) Only in the late game, they are sold in unlimited quantities.

2 Likes

Gameboy advance FE have similar dark magic tome called eclipse which halves the HP of the hit unit. Or maybe Hel could be used only by player dark bishops or place some additional restriction how player can use it? Make it drain player unit with fatigue? Each Hel use adds 50 fatigue for Salem or Miranda?

Daisy isn’t combat ready but she should at least be able to steal crucial items like vulnerabilities and it makes sense with her high HP growth so he takes a hit or two and retreats.

Yeah I can’t think anyone suitable except Weismann. There is armored sword Weismann in chapter 1 who gets replaced by one of the three mage sisters. But I can’t see how Manster soldier would defect to Leif unless Leif army saved his children or something… Armors are useful in early chapters where maps are small or where the map has tight corridors which is the case for Thracia until the chapter The Emblem of Njörun with exception of chapter 2 and its gaiden 2x. The class don’t offer much advantage later except in defense chapters. People complain about armors being slow but for me Dalsin always got at least 6 move (both Theory and vanilla game) by the chapter where you meet General Hannibal or I was lucky.

Having join Weismann too early would be no good for balance. Maybe make him appear at the end of the Chapter 6 The Escape after he learns Leif saved his son/daughter. Or perhaps he is in one of the houses in The Gate of Kelbeth too early? Maybe he guards a house because he was ordered to protect the houses from the incoming bandits.
If anyone is passionate about armored class units I recommend them playing a Boss Swap hack for Fire Emblem Blazing Blade. You get lots of armors (knights), brigands and shaman class units.

FE4 which is on the same platform support display of when weapon gets broken.
https://i.imgur.com/94cnz6K.png
I wonder if the hack can unlock this feature. Also dancer renews turn for all those adjacent to the dancer. I dunno it would make the game unbalnced though. Enemy has dancers but they are not very common. Yeah dancer renewing all alies arond would be unbalanced given Thracia has extra feature of units able to take extra action (vigor stars).

I know that the unused message for this feature is buried in the ROM. But I do not know how to make it usable. Also, it seems that FE5 does not have the sound effect when an item is broken. I would like this feature too, but it has not been implemented for those reasons.

2 Likes

A minor mistake in Leif’s name

1 Like

Thank you for the report! I will fix it in the next update.

2 Likes

Updated. There are several fixes and improvements, as well as new feature.

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed incorrect spelling of Leif in Chapter 4x, 10, 19.
  • When Daisy to Patti conversation in Chapter 21, Daisy is now promoted to Forrest Knight if she is not a Forrest Knight. And the “Ambush” skill is learned regardless of whether or not she is promoted.
  • Patti’s speed growth rate has been increased.

New Features:

• Added hit rate indicator for the item information window when using a staff.
    • In this hack, the hit rate of the staff is always 99%, so it always outputs 99.
    • So this display is not very useful at this time, but I added it because might wonder what percentage it is operating at.
  • Added the function to consolidate items in the supply.
    • Combine items when they are put in and out while the L button is held down in the supply/depository.
    • The operation method follows that of the GBA FE hacks.

Image of the hit rate indicator for staves:

fe5x502

Video of the function to consolidate items:

(The video is in Japanese but has English subtitles.)

5 Likes