[FE5] [Complete] Fire Emblem: New Theory of Thracia 776

I see. Thanks for answering me.

That was a huge lot of questions, sorry for that.

Call us here when the updates are done, i’m waiting anxiously for them to play more of this awesome hack you created.

Thanks a lot for this hack, everything you done until now is already fantastic and very enjoyful. I guess you get a new fan of your work. You chose the best FE to work with imo.

I will try my best to help you with this project in any way i can, even if that means sending you more questions and ideas (sorry).

And again, thanks for all the hard work!

1 Like

You are welcome. Please feel free to ask me again if you need anything else.

Updated. There are several fixes and improvements, as well as new features.

Fixes and Improvements:

• Fixed so that if both offensive and defensive weapons have weapon triangle reversals, there are cancelled.
  • Fire tome and Heal staff have been added to the Weapons Shop in the preparation screen. This change is only in Normal mode. (These are not sold in Hard and Maniac mode.)
  • Fixed spelling of Arthor in menu font as Arthur.
  • Changed the dialogue of Halvan’s return conversation in Chapter 4x (because Leif was too aggressive).
  • Changed escape dialogues in Chapter 4x (to explain the loss of the horse when Finn is captured, etc.).
  • Fixed some missing wait time designations, waiting for button input, etc. in the dialogue when units escaped.
  • The position of Galzus in Chapter 6 is changed so that he appears in the same position as in the original. This change is only in Normal mode.
  • Added two new enemy escape points in Chapter 6 (the either side paths the cavalry come from). Fixed the lack of escape points when cavalry captured a unit.
  • Separated the escape point for NPCs in Chapter 6 from the enemy’s. Changed them to flee from where they appear.
  • Changed the shape of lowercase letters a, e, g, j, p, q, s, u, and y in the English dialog font.

New Features:

• Changed the growth rate of weapon levels to dynamically change. This is a long explanation, so if you want to know more details, please refer to the article at the link.
  • Added two new functions to the combat forecast window.
    • When a weapon effective is applied, the name of the weapon is displayed in blue.
    • Added a weapon advantage/disadvantage indicator. The advantage is indicated by “↑” and the disadvantage by “↓”.

Image of the change in the combat forecast window:

fe5x495

6 Likes

I love the update the changes are visible from the start of the game with weapon effectiveness/triangle indicator. :slight_smile:
I am curious if unique staves are possible to get.
Attract - the one archbishop Manfroy is holding in chapter 5 Mother and Daughter.
Watch - the one Ishtatore is holding in next chapter
Return - makes ally escape the map

I’m restarting the game with the updates and finally i was able to capture Eliu on chapter 1. I never imagined would be so hard to capture a mage (needed Halvan, Othin and Finn with their “professional” weapons to do the capture).

After doing that and ending the chapter, i thought it would be a good idea to have a conversation with Eliu in the end chapter.

The normal ending scene doesn’t really makes sense, at least not now after Eliu’s threats during the chapter, maybe you could look for Leif and Eyvel to say something different. I think that, if we captured Eliu and hold her until the end, someone of the Fiana Freeblades could appear and speaks to Eyvel that they had captured the enemy commander, then Eliu would show up and say that if they kill her, her sisters and Ishtore will hunt them down and threats like that, then Eyvel responds with something like that.

• Eyvel: Alright, i will let you go, but with one condition: Tell Ishtore that if he dares to do anything to Mareeta and Nanna, i will be the one hunting him down to the depths of Hell, just to bring his head back and put it on a pike on Fiana’s main gate.

Maybe less crude but something like that, just to show how much Eyvel cares for her children. She threatened Raydrik lots of times in her screentime, and would be nice to see her threatening Ishtore, Veld, Manfroy and others villians the same way, as they assume Raydrik’s roles in the New Theory of Thracia.

Another question i wanted to ask you is: why some bows are locked at 1 range? A Short Bow should not be able to go 1~2 range? The same for 2 range-locked spells like Thunder, axes like the Hand Axe, and lances like the Javelin and the Short Lance. They shouldn’t be 1~2 range?

I needed my best unpromoted units to that lmao, because Leif and the others received one hit kill from her, even when they are at full health. FULL HEALTH. Marty survived the first blow btw, but died at the second lmao.

Eliu is a good, nice and annoying boss to start with, i liked her. Eliu did so much damage to my boys just using a Thunder tome, that is the most fascinating. She is a great first chapter boss.

1 Like

How does Julia’s recruitment exactly work because she randomly leaves the map after a number of unit actions no? It’s much different from how you recruited Saias.

1 Like

Attract is available in the later chapters. The other two are not available.

Regardless of the content, it would be nice to have an event for each map when a boss is captured. Currently, in the chapter end events, the dialogue for capturing a boss may or may not be for the convenience of the scenario, which is not wholesome.

Weapons with a wide range are restricted because they were too handy. For hand lances and axes, these ideas are based on Berwick Saga. Bows and Thunder magics are not restricted in BS, but I inherited, extended, and applied the concept.

Eliu is placed in a role as a tutorial. She teaches the range of thunder, and melee counterattack by ambush. And Finn with pray can be safely battle.

If Leif does not have Light Brand, she will leave after talking. If you do not have Light Brand anywhere, a conversation with her will occur when the gate is seized without talking to Julia. At that time, if you meet all of the following conditions, she will join:

• Rescue all children
  • Tinney is joined
  • Sety is not joined
2 Likes

I don’t know if for all bosses it would work, because it is not every boss that have something important to say that is different from what they already say when they are released. For now i just thought about Eliu and maybe a conversation between Safy and Shiva, that could recruit him. Recruiting him in the 2x end chapter would makes sense for me because if we doesn’t capture him, but let him alive, he would be recruited by Safy in chapter 7. I thought that their conversation could be similar to the original one in chapter 7, but now in the same scene with Safy and Lithis conversation:

In the start someone would say that they captured Lithis and a mercenary hired by him (instead of just Lifis), and Eyvel would talk with them both, saying that she will send them to Ys village to the villagers to decide their fates. Lifis will panic (as always), but Shiva will accept his destiny and say to Lifis to do the same. Lifis call out Safy to help him, because of her promise to him, and then she intercedes for them, saying that Lifis and Shiva can help Leif on his journey. He agrees and let they join. Shiva questions Safy of her reasons to save him, and she awnsers that she would do everything for the sake of others, even sacrificing her life to protect them. Shiva is convinced by her, the same way he is in their chapter 7 conversation.

Attract staff is located in one of the chests in this chapter. :slight_smile:

Chapter 21#X The Detention Center
Turn 30

• 10 Dark Mages; five from around outside the northwestern and northeastern outskirts of the prison camps each

I finished the chapter in less than 15 turns on the twelfth - wanted to see if WelkRossen loptyr dark mages and monks appear early. I’d make Loptyr mages spawn faster maybe on 15th or 20th turn or 12th/15th on the maniac/hard mode. Augusto himself says during this chapter to get out of here because of the Welkrossen reinforcements. 30 turn for the welkrosen reinforcement is a bit too late IMO.

I have thought about early recruiting Shiva in the past as well. I actually wrote the dialogue text, but did not use it. It was difficult to make it consistent with later events. It’s hard to do anything about it right now, but I’d like to do sometime soon.

This map in hard/maniac mode is in the dark. If the reinforcements were faster, I feel it would be overly difficult.

Finished chapter 3 and captured Vampa herself.

I am already imagining Leif and Ishtore treatening one another using Vampa and Nanna respectively as their hostages. I don’t know for what we could use this idea, early recruiting Nanna doesn’t make lot of sense (Leif maybe would be able to free her using Vampa as a hostage and then she will flee with Finn and Safy, what would make her recruitment happen later in the game), skipping all Manster escaping chapters doesn’t makes sense either (because of Mareeta-Eyvel stuff), but i still feel that a plot hole would be open if we do nothing about this.

A pic of another hard won battle lmao

And another thing, it was your idea to change Lara’s face picture? I kinda liked the original one, looks cuter and less smuggy.

Lara’s original portrait was a worm’s-eye view, presumably to get her ponytail into the screen. This makes her look taller, then I changed the angle of view to horizontal. In doing so, the face had to be redrawn, I used Ms. Hirota’s original drawing and Ms. Wada’s recent drawing as references. (Sachiko Wada is the pixel artist for FE5/6/7.) But it may have been a little unnecessary to turn her eyes toward us.

I was thinking how Raydrik could be inserted into game. He could appear in escape chapters 5 & 6 as replacement for bosses who are of no importance and could make come back in chapter 24 as sub-boss to Ishtatore. Alternatively he could be the one chasing player in chapter 5 and Ishtatore just guarding and attacking any player units that come in range. There could be some on screen dialogue before chapters or between npcs explaining that after serving his use Raydrik was demoted and his son Ishtatore was put in place to run Manster.

I never thought anyone would want to fight Raydrick.

As he says in Chapter 22, Raydrick of this hack is consistently in Conote, and is not like your story.

1 Like

I apologize for the loaded post. This hack is just too exciting.

After Nergal he is my second favorite villain.
////
In chapter 23 the Palace of Evil Julia appears instead of Saias which I made flee before stealing his fire S tome in previous chapter. But there is no Sety (Ced). I even attracted teleported Ryza back to my units and captured her and Sety didn’t appear in the size the gates objective like he does in vanilla. Julia and Sety are mutually exclusive? I wonder if there is anything I can do to get Sety because I already have two strong light magic users and Julia is low level.
///Edit: Now I see you have to step on the certain tiles for cut-scene to trigger somewhere here
https://i.imgur.com/aZ0234p.png
Kind of awkward as Sety will one shot kill Ryza/Liza and Tina can’t steal her tome using thief staff gotta wrap the thief. Capturing Ryza/Liza won’t allow Ced to appear as far as I know.
As far as I remember Ryza/Liza gets killed by Seliph army at Beyond the Desert - Fire Emblem Wiki

I briefly looked over the next chapter with Ishatore and it spells trouble. Lots of Loptyr mages with stone spell tomes and status staves. Any advice how to deal with them effectively? When I only have 2 restore staves (3 uses of total in both) and one restore staff that works long range?

I don’t know how technically feasible it is - enemy recruits your units to his team?
Like for example Reinhardt recruits Olwen in chapter 22 if he talks first. Can enemies initiate the conversation? Would be cool if it is not difficult and feasible to get thrown off the beat when enemy steals your units and uses them against the player. It would set off the issue of 47/48 unit limit for player when he wants to recruit Glazus and the limit is reached. Ishatore when he chases you in chapter 5 could recruit Darcin back, Gomez could recruit back Marty in gaiden chapter - make sense Marty is weak willed and turned into recruitable enemy just one chapter before. Lithis could be recruited by the enemy too if proper conditions would be met like Safi gets captured or killed. Salem gets converted back into loptyr sect by either Codda in gaiden chapter 14x or Linecock in 16b.
Probably not something easy to do and would conflict with other events… :upside_down_face:

https://i.imgur.com/JenVHMP.png

Does any NPC finds the item there?

Original map does not have ruined house. I tried to wait on the ruined house with all my flyers and wrapping Leif there but no event.

For Sety to appear, Ryza must be on the map (as in the original Alphan).

Julia and Sety are mutually exclusive.

The easiest way to counter the enemy’s staff, after all, is to use staves first to block its movement. If there are no staves, there is a way to decoy them by sending out lots of people because the order in which they are targeted is fixed. In the case, it is preferable to carry someone you do not want targeted.

The Kia staff has an unlimited number of uses. If you protect only Sara at all costs, all those who are turned to stone can all be revived later (with drinking a lot of S-drinks).

An algorithm exists that is talked to our party by the enemy (vanilla chapter 18, Xavier). I think it would be technically possible to change an ally to an enemy.

The ruins in chapter 21 have a secret store. If you through route B, Anna can enter it.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/G1Us4X7.png
̶I̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶r̶e̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ chapter 23 ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶a̶c̶k̶l̶u̶s̶t̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶E̶l̶f̶F̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶t̶s̶u̶m̶u̶n̶g̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶(̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶a̶z̶y̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶)̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶l̶f̶f̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶v̶a̶n̶i̶l̶l̶a̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶?̶ ̶E̶l̶f̶r̶i̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶[̶B̶o̶l̶g̶a̶n̶o̶n̶e̶]̶(̶h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶f̶i̶r̶e̶e̶m̶b̶l̶e̶m̶w̶i̶k̶i̶.̶o̶r̶g̶/̶w̶i̶k̶i̶/̶B̶o̶l̶g̶a̶n̶o̶n̶e̶)̶?̶ ̶I̶’̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶f̶f̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶g̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶u̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶v̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶f̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶.̶

Nah I just missed the good secret shop. :joy:
https://i.imgur.com/yoNYrGm.png

I don’t know how feasible it is from the technical viewpoint. Not all factions present during the chapter are displayed in the status screen. Maybe if it is not tiresome make factions scrollable to be able to view them all. I understand and the effort put to achieve this effect may not be worth of the time spend on it.

https://i.imgur.com/OF3mC2o.png

https://i.imgur.com/HGOtc3I.png

I just saw how my Saffi missed with a staff, she has 14 skill so, a staff user can miss with a staff if they are tired?

@Congrio
Staff user that are tired2 won’t be able to even use staves. I don’t know exactly how much fatigue you have to have above your max HP but at some point staff user who is tired will no be able to use staves.
Same goes for Lara the dancer. She won’t dance when she’s tired.I also remember having one instance where staff user with high skill missed well it happens but not often.
Btw I would rename condition tired2 to exhausted. Exhausted is the definition of more tired. To even go more inclusive those that are defeated and retreat on casual mode the condition can be renamed to incapacitated.

1 Like

The tired2 thing? I know about it and my Saffi is tired (not tired2) so idk why she missed with the staff having 14 skill