[FE5] [Complete] Fire Emblem: New Theory of Thracia 776

There are no plans to change the Wing ring to boots. The original idea of this, Tactics Ogre, also had Winged boots, but L-size units could not equip it. If this is followed, it would mean that riding units would not be able to equip it.

I am not sure what you are asking. The command to trade items is not restricted by affiliation. Players and NPCs cannot trade items. Enemies do not have the thought to trade items with each other.

1 Like

If you are still looking for implementing other Fire Emblem games mechanic there was shove ability available in Path of Raidance and Radiant Dawn.

Use to push an adjacent ally away one space.

Available only for non-mounted units.

The villages in Genealogy could withstand longer bandit attacks. It was kinda of nice because the game didn’t make you rush. But also Genealogy maps are very large.

https://i.imgur.com/m8Iw3xp.png
https://i.imgur.com/nB6rX8n.png

Implementing Shove would be a bit technically difficult, but even without the fact, I feel that it would be too useful and would change the game too much. It can be carried incredibly far in a single turn, if there are many units that can be manipulated. Careful consideration should be given to whether to adopt that factor.

I have no plans to adopt a village that is destroyed in stages, as I did not think it was a particularly interesting element even when I was playing FE4. I think it is largely meant to be a flavor to represent the huge map.

1 Like

Maybe make it based on build of the unit. Units with lower build can’t push unit with higher build.

Updated.

• Changed the location of the additional private house in Chapter 10. Because if left this house unvisited, the Thief will destroy it in preference to the house of the north.
  • Changed to treat Saffi, Lifis, and Shiva as having already changed classes when they join in Chapter 13. (Changed to disable the use of Super Proof.)
  • Added “Talk” command in Preparation menu of Chapter 17B.
  • Changed Avo/Def effects of terrains to no longer be available if a unit has Wing Ring.
  • Added a new item “Knight Ring”. If your units have it, re-movement will occur even if don’t have the skill.
  • Added new items “Lancereaver”, “Axereaver”, and “Swordreaver”. With weapon triangle reversal effect.
  • Added weapon triangle reversal effect to Swordslayer.
  • Others, minor unintended behavior, etc. were corrected.

Now there seems to be a problem with the WT reversal effect only increasing hit by 22-23% when it occurs. Whereas it should have increased by 30%. However, the reversal function itself seems to be working, so I have released it to the public.

And as I am busy with other matters toward the end of the year, I will suspend updating for a while. If any problems arise, I will deal with them next year.

4 Likes

Is there a way to get the Nihil manual in the B route?

There is not. The Nihil manual is not available in B route.

1 Like

Ballista available for purchase in chapter 10. Ronnan is able to use it after promotion. How do I get Jake? According to guide he can promote too into ballista. Too bad I rushed chapter 2.

Hmm… When you return to hacking. It would be cool to add long distant purge tomes for light magic. Food for thoughts :slight_smile:

You can recruit Jake in Chapter 17B.

1 Like

What are pro and cons of skipping or playing the gaiden Chapter 11x Balistraria/Murder Hollace? Not getting new units; Olwen & Fred is one I know. But what about rescuing the children? Does it impact anything? You get the reward?
Is it possible to recruit Tina if chpater 2 was rushed and Safi is not recruited?

There is a minor bug with transporter animation when the unit is healed and it has map animation setting on. The porter transporter will briefly change to mounted axed knight. I used porter proof on Hicks.

If you help the children in Chapter 11x, you will receive items at the private house in Chapter 12. Same as vanilla.

If you skip chapter 11x, you will have alternative units for Olwen and Fred in later chapters (you must have caught them in chapter 11). In this case, you cannot get items at the houses in Chapter 12, but you can get the Crusader’s Scroll by catching the bandit who destroyed the house.

You cannot recruit Tina if Saffi is not in your party.

The transporter currently has no real/map battle animation. Instead, an image of a lower-class cavalry is used.

1 Like

Ow man I really love Tina. One of my fav characters in Thrash’ya. Is it possible to change the unit into Tina using cheat codes? I am gonna have to try chapter cheat codes maybe they will work.
Tried the cheat worked but seizing the gate in Chapter 2x gaiden only ends Leif’s turn as expected can’t retro go back.
Tina’s thief staff is just way too awesome to skip. Too bad the staff is only useable by Tina.

https://i.imgur.com/ubpwLcm.png

I cheated them in by using codes starting chapter 2x (captured Lithis and seized the gate) → chapter 7 (let Leif enter the gate).

I know it is not recommend to do something like that. From your experience how likely something is going to get broken?

The tradeoff was I couldn’t get Mareeta in chapter 12 her cutscene didn’t even appear but I have Machyva trained as merceranry (replacer for Galzius) so I am all good and Trude don’t look bad for a swordmaster with 21 def (replacer for Mareeta). I gotta replay the chapter 12xx because I screw up myself by putting sleep on Pran and I couldn’t talk to him lol.

Possibilities include inconsistency of events and an overflow of units. Note that in vanilla, if you recruit enemy/NPC units with 48 player units, game will freeze, but my hack will make them NPCs. Hence I don’t think the game will be out of progress.

I do not support the use of cheats, so if you encounter any problems, please do not ask me about what happened.

2 Likes

So far so good. I beat the chapter 14x. My purpose is not to get many units so I can enjoy Augusto in the final chapter. Augusto is my favorite non-playable unit from the vanilla game. IMO Transporter class should have elite skill it would make easier to level up the transporter when it avoids the enemy hits.

How many super proofs are available in the game? I collected two. Not sure if I can use two ( Dean & Dagdar) because I want to save one for Saias or Sethy.

The supply armory shop misses basic anima magic tomes maybe yotsumungand and lighting, and healing staff. I dunno how easy is it to insert those items for sale there so maybe that’s why they are not available for purchase. Hacks space limits…

I like how you included the Patty’s brother. Eyvel, Patty and Fabal you get family vibes like from FE4 Genealogy. :grinning:

1 Like

Since you can get two Elite M in this hack, you may give it to your transporter. Alternatively, you may throw them into the arena before changing class.

You can get 3 Super Proofs. And it is also sold in the secret store of Chapter 25.

About Tomes and Heal Staff: This game was originally designed to be hard on mages. I have inherited that. I think it’s not like making everything more convenient makes more fun. But the prep shop’s price is now 1.5 times more expensive, so it might not be bad to change them to be available for purchase (only for normal mode).

2 Likes

Hey! I started playing NTT776 a few days ago, and i looked for info on the commentary section here. I am liking this game a lot, so i want to further help it to get better. I have some questions and ideas for now that i would like to discuss.

About the translation, that one i founded can be used without problems? This one have better translations for the dialogue and names of characters and itens (closer to the actual names and FE4 Project Naga’s ones too), even a better font. It translates the Thracia Peninsula map too. If it is possible, could you put it on the game?

I rescued Ced while fleeing Manster, and escaped with him (i don’t remember the chapter number now), it would be nice if we had a conversation with him before he returns to the Magi, or a possible early recruitment maybe.

I am not being able to make Finn and Nanna mount in that chapter and the next ones, maybe it is a bug because i let him get captured at Fort Kerberos, as i did to everyone in my army lmao.

Why Arthur is named Arthor on his battle screen? Is it a typo?

Can we get Shannam and Conomor in route A? It would be nice, i love these guys, and now that Miranda is in route A too, i would like to find the others from route B there.

Last thing for now, can you translate the strategy guide page, it is all japanese.

Thank you for your interest.

Character and item names are spelled in a way that is close to the Japanese sound. If you can suggest a spelling that meets these criteria and more closer to the actual name, I may adopt it.

Even in Japan, there is some debate as to what is プージ(Pugi) and whether it is an error for ブージ(Bhuj). In fact, Bhuj appears in Berwick Saga. However, since it appears as Pugi in FE5, I will not correct that English. Yotsumungand, Quincrane and others are also due to this reason.

As for the place names, now using what is written on the map. Well…there are some spellings that are obviously not as good as the Japanese sound. But the spelling found in FEH and elsewhere is also strange from the Japanese sound, so I am not sure what to do. So I am leaving it alone.

As for the font, I think I basically use the same one as in your image. However, due to the increased number of character combinations used, I need to increase the compression ratio and have made some modifications to make the shapes common.

In chapters 4-7, the captives are no longer allowed to ride horses. The reason for this, as explained in the conversation between Finn and Hannibal at the end of chapter 7, is that they lost their horses during their escape from the castle. From chapter 8, they can ride horses provided by Hannibal. (Note: Brighton rides a horse he had prepared in advance, and Phee calls back her pegasus from the sky.)

Finn loses his horse without notice, so it is reasonable to ask these questions. I will add an explanation in the conversation of his return in chapter 4x.

It would be interesting to have an event for escaping with Team Magi in chapter 4x or 6. I will give it some thought.

Arthor is a typo and will be corrected. Thanks for the report.

Conomor also joins on route A. Shannam does not join in route A.

Regarding the English translation of the guide, I will translate it into English little by little in the future, as it seems that installing a plugin on the blog can make it multilingual. I have now translated some documents:

3 Likes

Thanks for the help!

Sorry by linking just one image, i was trying to link the project as a whole. I will put a link to the whole project.

The font in the menus is closer to one another (but i can see by the different “w”, for example, that they aren’t the same). The font on the dialogue, however, is totally different. I feel that the script is better too, but that is for you to judge.

Thanks for explaining the situation with the horses and the translations. But now it surfaced another questions to me, like:

Could you make Finn have more movement? I know he is a soldier dismounted, but he keeps getting far behind the others in the chapters and keeps dying at Galzus’s hand on chapter 6. He have less movement than Dalsin, and he is an Armor Knight.

And about the recruiment of everyone on chapter 4x. I never saw Leif being so aggressive, telling his men that “they failed” right in their faces, and that “they should be useful now”. That is not exactly a complain, but i don’t feel like it is Leif saying that, usually Leif blames himself for other’s mistakes and would forgive those mistakes. Augustus is the one that usually is aggressive and harsh towards failures, specially Leif’s ones.

And now something that is driving me insane and softlocking me on chapter 6: why Galzus spawns at the middle of the castle town? That leaves almost no run for escaping. I would understand he being warped to close to the Magi’s army (where the enemy army was before or in his original warp spot), because then he would fight Ced (someone that matches his own might on a fight).

That is what i actually am doing as strategy in this new situation: trying to put Ced the closer possible to Galzus, so they will fight and let me leave, but that rises yet another question: Galzus dies if Ced defeats him? Could you just make him retreat or something like that? I feel that he dies, and that further ties my hands.

Hey, why did you not use the Thracia 776 soldier sprite for Finn? Why you don’t used the Spear Soldier unused sprite from FE4? It is more a curiosity than a suggestion, i just want to now the reason of your choice, because you used the fighter sprite for Brighton and maintained Fee as Karin was on the original.

Now that i talked about this, since you changed the other mounted classes of the game, could you do something about Pegasus classes? Could then work more like cavaliers, being able to use swords when mounted and dismounted?

Can i recruit Fergus and Karin later in the game? I see that we can’t recruit Hicks, and that makes sense, as he doesn’t do anything to the plot, but Karin and Fergus does, and i would specially like to see Fergus questioning Dermott the reason why they both can use Beo’s sword and Nanna don’t. I would like to see what ideas they would have on the matter.

That are my thoughts for now, thanks for listening to me. FE4 and FE5 are my favorite games, i’m loving this new version you are making for us.

This is a selfish idea of mine, that i know that is very absurd: Can you do something about FE4 Binary too? I would love to see someone working on that project with the same care you are working on this one. Thanks for everything for now.

Merry Christmas!

There are many questions, so I will answer some of the first half first. The rest will be answered additionally at a later date.

My dialogue font is based on used in Lil’ Manster, a fan translation patch that is later than your link. Lil’ Manster claims to use “more readable menu and dialogue fonts”.

Comparing the two, Lil’ Manster’s font has more aligned mean lines and is more readable. On the other hand, it seems to have lost the roundness of the original JP font, and seems stiff than your link’s font. For example, the lowercase e could be a little more rounded. I will make some modifications to combine the best of these two.

The position of Galzus’ appearance was changed a long time ago and had remained. In the past there was an obsession that it had to be more difficult than the original. But now I’ve decided to move the difficult elements to the hard mode, so I should return the position of his appearance in the normal mode to the vanilla one.

Regarding chapter 4x: I think the only time Leif seems aggressive is probably against Halvan. I used somewhat harsh language, like a kidding, because I think he and Leif are childhood friends and can frankly talk to each other. However, it is misleading, so I will change it to a milder wording. As for the other characters, I didn’t intend it that way, at least not in Japanese. If that is how you feel, perhaps the nuance was changed when translating. I would like to ask you which dialogue you feel so from.

Postscript, Answers to remaining questions:

The low mobility of Finn is a leftover from the adjustment of movements. In the past, I reduced the mobility of almost all classes. However, the sense of play became cramped, so some of allied units were given +1 mobility by their individual ability values. In fact, I should probably revisit the whole thing. But I will not yet make that balancing adjustment, so if you do not want Finn to walk, he will have to be carried by a rider or pegasus.

I used the Spear Soldier for the Lance Knight’s unmounted graphic, only because I was glad to be able to use it. There was a similar unused graphic in FE5 as well as FE4, but those graphics except the standby were linked to the Social Knight, so It was not usable as it was. They are separated by hacking and can now be used independently. There is no necessity to use this icon for lance knights, so it would have been better to use that graphic only when they became an upper class.

Since Pegasus has the advantage of flying, I made it so that only lances can be used in the lower classes as a disadvantage. Some upper flying classes can use swords when mounted.

Fergus and Karin have no way to join at the moment. In the future, I would like to be able to recruit all characters who joined in the original work in some way. (This is just a plan.)

Currently, I do not intend to work on other people’s projects. It could create all kinds of trouble, and I don’t have the time to do that right now. I still have to do on this project.

3 Likes