[FE5] [Complete] Fire Emblem: New Theory of Thracia 776

Regarding killed/defeated units on casual mode. Would it be possible to apply stone condition instead and removed it after advancing through the next chapter? That way even if unit is deployed it cannot be used. I know it sounds kind of whacky way of penalizing the player.
From the new units do we get any early dark mages before Chapter 12x or new unit types like bishops?

1 Like

Salem is the first dark mage to join you, but he’s not the only one as long as you meet certain conditions.
There are also new classes if you use the master proof. You can go to the main post guide if you want more details.

2 Likes

Not stone condition, but I think most of the method you want are met. If units withdraws in casual mode after chapter 8, they will have 200 fatigue. A unit with 200 fatigue has 0 hit and avoid, and 1 movement, effectively requiring the unit to rest one sortie. Once rested, the fatigue is reset. Players can also wake them up with S-drink. (Note: There is no risk in withdrawing until chapter 7.)

As for dark mages, it is right that has already been answered. (Thanks for answering on my behalf!)

1 Like

Lifis > Patti + Daisy + Lara combined though gotta admit Patti & Daisy have cute introduction story. Lifis is a monster with easy to get high constitution by try harding.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m glad to hear that. I was a little worried whether I could convey their air in English.

Lifis is the most balanced and manageable units among the thieves.

Updated. The new item “Wing Ring” is added. If a unit has it, the movement cost is treated as flying, but also enemy’s “Effective against flyer” is activated.

(The video is in Japanese but has English subtitles.)

And this update includes the following:

• The weapon level of Sacred weapons is indicated by green star symbols has been abolished. They are now indicated by blue star. This is because the green star was garbled on the trade screen.
    • In Japanese, it is no longer possible to distinguish items that can be enabled by Elite skill, but in English, they are distinguished by “Prf” and “★”.
  • Others, minor unintended behavior, etc. were corrected.
5 Likes

Where do you get that ring? I need to know if I should restart my game haha

One enemy in chapter 10 now has this item.

1 Like

Is it safe to update if I am in chapter 4 gainden? I am not sure also if I have correct version of the rom. The file size: 4,194,816, and checksum is CRC32: 95E289DD but the extension is .fig

Do I need to get different rom?

I see some disparity in the weapons info screen and the actual value/effect the weapon has on the NPC using it. Here is example with Patti’s STR of 6 and and Slim Sword Mt of 6 so her attack should be 9 and not 6.

Javliens, axes and thunder tomes are only 2 range.

Not sure if those bugs are related to the fig format of the rom.

Patti, Daisy, Lara Con growth is respectively 1, 2, and 3 percent compared to vanilla game where Litifs has 15%. I’d recommend to increase that growth for girl thieves to somewhere 3, 5, 7.

1 Like

There are no errors, that’s how it’s programmed. Half of your strength is added to the weapon’s power, and the other half helps you with the weight of the weapons, this to help units with low constitution.

I really recommend you read the changes he has made to his blog, because there are many. Or you can use the “help” command that added in the game menu.

2 Likes

That’s a relief. I thought I lunar lipped the wrong rom. :slight_smile:

Update can be done safely.

Their Con growth is modest because Patti, Daisy, and Lara have roles other than as simple thieves. Patti is a fighter, Lara is a dancer, and Daisy is a horse bandit.

• Patti has higher growth in everything but HP and Con, and as she levels up, can steal some tools while fighting on the front lines.
  • Daisy can ride a horse with promotion. Riding a horse increases her Con by 15.
  • Lara’s role will not be explained as it is the same as the original.

Also, as already answered, the changes regarding the formulas are in the help. Please feel free to ask again if you still have questions after reading the help.

2 Likes

I created the article because the list of promotion destinations was not in my blog.

Class Change (Promotion) List (Contains spoilers)

7 Likes

Capturing Fetra in chapter 7 blocks reinforcements. Maybe make it that Raydrik chases after Leif if Fetra is captured. If it is possible which I think may not be. Why not import translation from projectexile. It is of better quality even if it has some inaccuracies which can be edited. The hack seems lore friendly but this Ishtatore fella and just breaks the party.

I found out that if you get defeated in the arena while holding an enemy unit your npc will not die ( 1hp left) and enemy captured gets released while still staying on the map and not vanishing like they do when you release captured enemy. Interesting trick. :smile:

Another suggestion if it is feasible due to different conditions if the unit enemy dies prematurely - make possible to seize the poison weapons from the enemies when you capture them. In current state the poison weapons turn into iron ones when you take them from the captured enemy.

I don’t know if those classes were intentionally renamed but the original ones are:
myrmidon ( sword fighter)
brigand ( mountain thief)

Btw good work on utilizing those useless units that join like Krallion who can get promoted into flyer.
There is no way to promote into Barbarian? Marty can go Warrior or Berserker.

In the game there seems to be surplus of axe wielding and cavalier/axe knight units and only one Armored Knight Unit - Darcin, He’s a tough guy to get if you skip the chapter 2. I would recommend to change Hicks class into Armored Lance since this is the weapon least used by the player’s units in the early chapters. Brighton is another Axe Knight. We don’t need two Axe Knights in span of two chapters - IMO.

I would also try to place a unit for light magic since we don’t get any light magic user unless promoted. The light magic unit could be available by chapter 12x when loptyr dark mage Salem joins. Or possible change Arthur class to use light magic. Absol can handle anima magic.

Guard Lance is listed as D ranked weapon but in fact is E.

1 Like

Since the question seems to be subdivided, I will answer it with a quote.

The behavior of the reinforcements in Chapter 7 have been inherited from the original Eisenau’s. However, there is no storyline necessity, so it might be better to allow the reinforcements to continue to appear.

As the story explains, Ishtore is not allowed to cross borders. Therefore, he does not move.

I have not seen first hand the twists and turns of those developments, but from references to one topic, it seems that some people are taking DMCA action against projects using PE text, and I don’t want to get involved those.

I did not test this pattern, but I am glad the vanilla program handled this without problems.

Poison weapons cannot be used by the player to inflict poison. (As in the case of the Yotsumungand.) Thus, even if you can get a poison weapon, you will just have a weapon there that is less powerful than the iron weapon. I can change the process so that the poison can be inflicted for enemies, but should not do so because there are several situations that would be easily handled by a frame-up, such as inflicting poison on an enemy that is not moving and leaving them.

I know that such class names have been adopted in localizations of the later series, but the FE4/5 class names are unique in Japanese, unlike the other titles. Here I gave preference to how they are called in the original Japanese.

In Japanese, Myrmidon (after FE7) is “剣士” (Swordsman), but “ソードファイター” (Sword Fighter) in FE4/5. Brigand is “山賊” (Bandit), but “マウンテンシーフ” (Mountain Thief) in FE4/5. And similarly, I did not make “マーシナリー” (Mercenary) into “Hero”.

Currently there is no one who can be Barbarian. There are several other classes dedicated to the enemy.

I intentionally reduced the number of classes that could use light magic. Because they become more powerful as towards late game. Players can consider at the time of promotion whether want their magic user to be an active player in the midgame or to prepare them for the late game.

Units with elite skills can now equip weapons one rank higher.

1 Like

Maybe make Marty go Berserker ( Master Proof) or Barbarian ( Knight Proof ) sicne Oshin and Halvan, both can promote into Warrior. Tania can promote to Warrior too and her father is one as well.
Armored Lance, Sword or Axe and Bow is limited class. True in Thracia those classes get limited use due to some large maps, but I always was found of highly armored knights on foot. Thracia is the best here because it lets baron cast magic. :slight_smile:

Thanks for explanation. DMCA is a nasty stuff one have to suffer from while making a non for profit hack.

Perhaps make enemies with AI guard (stand and never move) immune to poison? Those enemies are already “marked” by checking their movement reach.

Thanks for the responding. :slight_smile:

How do I get Olwen and Fred as playable units? I cannot understand machine translated page this time. :slight_smile: I should not capture and let Fred and Olwen leave the map in Chapter 10 after they start retreating?

Olwen and Fred in Chapter 10 are complicated because you can take many different patterns. Since all the patterns were described, the article has become confusing. So only the major patterns are described here.

• If you let Olwen and Fred escape (including if you released them after capturing), the events will occur as in the original story.
  • If you seize the gate with them captured, they will be taken captive.
    • When you go to Chapter 11x, the captives will join at the end of the chapter 11x.
    • If you do not go to Chapter 11x, the captives are released at the end of the chapter 11. In this case, they do not join.
1 Like

Regarding the winged ring if the icon availability becomes extended I pixelized some boots with wings with different resolutions. One should fit the art style I hope.

In FE 7-8 there was also a Delphi Shield that blocked criticals from bow damage for flyers. Genealogy rings didn’t boost stats permanently. Stat increasing ring could be passed down to other unit albeit there was no trading allowed between units. Would it be possible for units from different teams (that aren’t hostile to each other) to give items to each other?

How does one access the support effects display? Which button do I press to access it?

Select for growths, Y for support. Be sure to be on stats and inventory card.