[FE5] [Complete] Fire Emblem: New Theory of Thracia 776

Updated.

Fixes and Improvements:

• Problems with the escape dialogue in chapters 4 and 4x have been corrected.
  • The TalkDisplay appears again when the Y button is released. (Previously, when the Y button was pressed, it disappeared, and did not reappear when Y was released.)
  • The TalkDisplay is now also displayed on the map in preparation.
  • The L button is now enabled on the map in preparation, the danger area can now appear.
  • In the sortie selection screen, an NG sound is now emitted when the start button is pressed if the minimum number of units is not met and the map cannot be started.
  • Fixed a problem with the support effect display on the unit stats screen, the output of unit names not on the map did not stop at the 7th line and more than 8 names were output.
  • Updated some in-game help content to match some new functionality.
  • The English names of some items have been changed using FE Engage as a reference. (This solved the problem of not distinguish whether “Torch” was a staff or a torch.)

New Features:

• Changed the search for units with the R button.
    • Previously referenced in the order of memory storage, and has been changed so that units are referenced one line at a time, starting one square to the right of the cursor, based on the cursor’s current position.
    • When the cursor is pointing at an enemy, it now references the enemy.
    • And added a function to search in reverse order, by pressing the R button while holding the B button.
    • Added a function to perform a continuous search (High-speed search) by pressing R while holding the Y button.
  • Regarding the release command, it has been changed so that if the captured enemy has item(s), the command will be grayed out.
  • When merging items, Knight Proof, Master Proof, and Rings can now be merged beyond their maximum limits.
    • The grayed-out release command, and merging items beyond their limits are mimicked FE8 kaitou patch.

Video of the new behavior of the R button:

(The video is in Japanese but has English subtitles. Also, in the second half of the video, enemy icons is lacked, but this problem has been corrected and should not occur now.)

5 Likes

Hello, I am a player from China. Your work is very excellent. I have experienced fe5rm many years ago. Your work has completely surpassed it. There are many fe4 fe5 fans in China, but your work does not support Chinese. If there is a chance, I would like to ask you to provide a Chinese interface. We just need the menu and weapon props to be in Chinese. We don’t care about the plot. Many years ago, we grew up playing Japanese games. Although we can’t understand Japanese, we can’t stop our interest in fe4 and fe5. Because we can’t visit in Japanese forums, I rarely see works related to fe5. Thank you. If you can make a Chinese interface and weapon props in Chinese, I can better promote it for you.

Thank you for your interest.

From many perspectives, it is difficult to provide a Chinese version. The first problem is whether there will be enough font area. I have seen a Chinese translation hack for Vanilla FE5, in it, the font in the menus, and in the item and skill descriptions, was lacking. This hack has more items than the vanilla, so it probably won’t have enough space to write them all.

That’s too bad. I’m playing with your work. It’s great. I have learned a lot of Japanese when playing games. Many years ago, we were talking about the story of Super Thrace? Although it is difficult. It has to be said that the authors who have transformed FE4 and FE5 are really popular in our community, especially the works of FE4RM イ ン フ レ レ genealogy FE5 Super Thrace and so on.Although you may not know, they are really popular in China’s FE4 FE5 community, and many people have made strategies. After so many years, I can see the transformation works of FE5 again, and I can’t wait to share them.

3 Likes

Hello there!

I am a huge fan of this hack, and Ive already put so many hours into it. I especially enjoy the constant updates that seem to add a lot of life to the game! I was just curious as an english player if there was any way I could edit the game myself for personal use. Ive tried looking but I can’t seem to find any editors for Thracia 776, so I was wondering if you would have a program that I could use at all

I just discussed with my friends. In fact, we used a special English letter called “Pinyin”, which is equivalent to Japanese kana. For example, skills, we use pinyin to read “ji neng” haha, which may be too difficult, and those who have learned Chinese may know. Of course, I won’t ask you to do this. Some instructions show that I can find the meaning by looking up the dictionary myself. If I find a bug, I will report it to you in time.

报错
笔记

Thanks for your interest. I have already answered the question about the program used in this hack, so please see here:

Updated.

New Features:

• Added the function to display “Unique Skills” on the stats screen of some units.
    • Most of this is to illustrate unit-specific processing that was previously masked data, not to increase what each unit can do. (For now.)
    • The unique skills are not shown in the unit list.
  • Added a new unique skill “Fake Tears” to Patti, and changed it so that Patti can perform Steal regardless of her speed.
  • Changed to gray out the “Steal” command when the user’s inventory is full (but the grayed command can still be executed).

Fix:

• Removed autosave for the first turn.
    • When saving at the beginning of the first turn, there were problems such as reading the window color of other data, which could not be corrected, so it had to be discontinued.
    • Manual saving with the map command is still possible.
  • Fixed a case in which the window color setting of the saved data was applied when opening the save screen at the preparation or at the end of a chapter, and the window color changed was discarded.
  • Fixed a problem where the “Steal” command could be used against the class Master Arch.
  • Patti’s speed growth rate has been adjusted downward. It was adjusted upward because Patti was not useful as a Thief, but it has been changed back to the past rate with the addition of her unique skill.
  • Changed the icon for the “Canto” skill.
  • Changed to show “Pierce” as a skill for Wyvern Knight (Mount) and Arch weapons. This is for displaying what used to be masked function, and the performance remains the same.
  • Removed Charm from Ishtar’s personal skills and Thor Hammer’s weapon skills. Because the skill display slots were overflowing due to the addition of her unique skill display.
  • Fixed an error in Chapter 4x Bowie’s unit name definition.
  • Fixed a missing description of the Recover Ring.
  • Some English text has been corrected.

Example of displayed Unique Skill:

fe5x524

5 Likes

Wouldn’t removing the skills on Mjolnir make some of the bosses easier to deal with?

I think that “mother’splace” should be “mother’s place” :man_bald:

Certainly true. However, the Charm skill that the enemy has is not really useful. This is because enemies do not take support effects into account and have no collective action. The charm that the enemy has is more of a flavor text, and the actual effect is left mostly to Authority stars.

Thanks for letting me know, fixed it. I also checked and fixed some of the text in Chapter 12-13.

Included in this update: Fixed an enemy with guard AI could not escape because its Mov would become 0 when capturing an allied unit.

1 Like

Updated.

Fixed the problem that after visiting Homer’s house in chapter 14 and closing it, if you turnsaved and loaded that data, could not return to the game with blackout.

1 Like

Updated.

New:

• Added 2 more pictures that can be seen in the sound room (now 7 patterns in total).
  • And 2 of the pictures can be seen with the staff roll have been replaced with 2 new patterns.
  • The breach in the wall that created on the map in Chapter 1 has been changed to a door. Now Othin has a key to open it. (Of course it can also be opened with a key that Tanya has.)

Fix:

• Increased Tina’s growth rate. I had lowered it a long time ago because of her Thief staff, but now powerful enemies have Magic Shield. There is no reason to make Tina excessively weak.
  • Fixed a problem in Chapter 5 where Deadlord reinforcements were no longer appearing.
  • Ralph’s affiliation in Chapter 14 has been changed to the same group as Deen. Because he was in the same group as Shannam, which was obviously strange.
  • Fixed to not show arrows for weapon triangle display when the item name is long (uses 8-character areas). There was a problem that the arrow would overflow the frame, the arrow is now only displayed when it will fit within the frame.
  • The Swordsman’s class type text has been changed from “Sword” to “Swordsman” only where there is room for more text. Until now, I thought it would be better to standardize the word “sword” because there are some places that cannot be written in without abbreviation, but since some places are used “cav” for cavalry, I decided that having both abbreviated and unabbreviated forms.
  • Several other setting errors have been fixed.
3 Likes

I figured out when block criticals bug appears and it is not related to the hack but reliance on snes9x reloading using manual saves. I guess it’s fair punishment for abusing the saves system.

Nice to hear that this doesn’t happen in normal operation. (Naturally, this was not implemented on purpose for your punishment.)

1 Like

Updated.

New:

• The +2 AS effect attached to the Adept skill has been removed. It was difficult to understand and did not add to the fun of the game.
  • Changed Dodge formula to “Luck + (Support Effects / 2)”. The fixed value of +10 was difficult to understand, so it was removed. Instead, Luck has been doubled from its previous value.
  • Changed so that the Str used to calculate the AS is not halved during a capture attack. (Previously, in a capture attack, the Str used to reduce the weapon’s weight was reduced to 1/4 by further halving the halved parameter. This sometimes made capturing difficult.) While carrying another unit, it is still calculated at 1/4.
  • Marty, Gomez, Ralph and some enemy units now have the unique skill “Stout arm”. Holders of this skill can always ignore the weight of weapons regardless of their Str. This new skill was given to those who in the original FE5 who had superior build and never reduced AS by the weight of weapons.

Fix:

• Fixed an issue when Mov was reduced by carrying another unit, only the arrow would appear on the stats screen and the displayed value would not decrease.
  • Fixed an arrow showing Mov reduction appearing on the stats screen of GuardAI enemies without carrying another unit.
  • Fixed some of the English dialogue.

The image of Marty’s unique skill:

fe5x557

3 Likes

Updated.

Change:

• Changed the dialogue in Chapter 10 when seized the gate without Olwen and Fred were appearing. Before, it was the same as when they were captured, but now Augusto talks about having captured those who were in the fort.
  • Changed the weapon level of Rewarp to B. I changed it for two reasons: First, it’s easier to warp themself than to warp others. And second, it’s weird that Sara can’t use Rewarp in her initial state. Look at her hopping around in Chapter 16B.
  • Rewarp added to Chapter 17A/16B Sara’s possessions.
  • The Atk on the stats screen for a unit equipped with a magic sword has been changed from a magical attack to a physical attack (the range used for the calculation has been changed to 1).
  • Removed unintended skills on some enemy units (Vampa Sisters later in the game).

Fix:

• Fixed “Save” being displayed in the map command list when the first unit to act in the player phase is killed or retreats.
  • Fixed the weapon’s magic power correction value was not displayed on the stats screen.
  • Fixed King’s Sword attack at range 1 is effective against an enemy which has a wing ring.
  • Fixed after targeting an enemy which has a wing ring and viewing a combat forecast, the stats screen of a unit equipped with a weapon effective against flyers would show the Atk and Hit with the calculation that the effectiveness was turned on.
  • Fixed the sorting of items. The sorting order of recently added or changed item names was not set.

By the way, the top of this topic has been rewritten. Since this topic was written, there have been too many updates to this hack. So sections that no longer fit the current version, or that had missing or misleading explanations, have been corrected. Since (some pages of) my blog have recently been translated into English, I have also added a link to that page.

4 Likes

Updated.

• Fixed a problem where units equipped with weapons that cannot attack at range 1 would not have their attack power etc. displayed on the stats screen.
  • Fixed a problem where units with Wing Ring were affected by Def terrain effects.
2 Likes

Hey, I’ve been playing this and have been really enjoying it so far. I found some text errors in the English version, where the text goes too far and trails outside the box:

Text errors

Also, I have a question about one of the hidden recruitments

Are Johan and Johalva mutually exclusive, like in FE4? Can you get them both, or can you only get one of them? I tried to get the recruitment requirements for both of them but I only got Johan, and I’m not sure if I did something wrong or not.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. For text errors, it seems that the necessary line breaks are disappearing. I will fix in the next update.

About the hidden recruitment

Johan and Johalva are exclusive. Only one of them can join at the same time.

There seems to be an omission in the recruitment requirements listed on the blog. I will check and correct.

1 Like