[FE5] [Complete] Fire Emblem: New Theory of Thracia 776

Updated.

Fix:

• Fixed a missing line breaks in dialogue in chapter 14.
  • Removed incorrectly inserted phrases in the dialogue of chapter 15.
  • Fixed a problem where if the item name of an enemy weapon is long (uses 8-character spaces) and an effectiveness is fulfilled, even the names of enemy classes and allied units would turn blue in the battle forecast window.

New:

• Added the unique skill “Daunt” to Galzus. Reduces Hit, Avo, and Crit by 10 for enemies within 3 squares of him.
  • Added the unique skill “Fear” to Manfroy. Reduces Hit, Avo, and Crit by 20 for enemies within 3 squares of him. (You can experience the effect when you get close to him in Chapter 5.)
  • Added the unique skill “Disturbance” to Saias. Enemies within 3 squares around the holders of this skill will have their received support effects reduced to 0. (Support effects include Authority stars and Charm.)
Additional information about the hidden recruitment

Joharva’s recruitment is fulfilled when one or both of the following conditions are not met:

• Seize the gate in Chapter 10 with Olwen captured.
  • Does not go on to Chapter 11x.

Johan’s recruitment is fulfilled when both of the above two conditions are met, so Johan and Johalva are exclusive.

3 Likes

Updated.

• Fixed some cases in chapter 21 where the church would open when loading a suspended save after the church closed. This happened for example when Linoan died after a visit.
  • Added the unique skill Daunt to Zwei in the final chapter.
  • Changed the name of the skill “Canto” to “Canter”.
  • Changed the name of the skill “Charm” to “Charisma”.
  • Changed the name of the skill “Disturbance” to “Disturb”.
  • Fixed problem with Daunt or Fear affecting alliance NPCs. For the skill Charisma and the unique skills Daunt, Fear, and Disturb, the target was determined based on whether the unit was outside of the Ally/Enemy/NPC classification, but is now determined based on whether the NPC is an enemy or ally.
  • Changed so that when units in Sleep, Berserk, or Stone state have the unique skills Daunt, Fear, or Disturb, they do not affect other units.
  • Changed to disable enemy poison infliction when the unit is on throne, gate, or seal terrain.
6 Likes

Updated.

Fix:

• Fixed a problem with the movement of enemies who were waiting in position in chapter 1, etc.
  • Fixed a problem where the conversation of Arthur and Tinney would disappear when citizens left the map in chapter 23.
  • Fixed a problem where Julia joined without citizens leaving tha map in chapter 23.
  • Fixed a problem where the house would sometimes open when loading a suspended save after the house closed in chapter 23.
  • Fixed a problem where units other than Coruta would not retreat when the Thracian army appeared after Ryza left in the 1st turn of chapter 23.
  • Fixed a case where the “got Falchion” message did not appear when Leif obtained it in Chapter 23.
  • Fixed that the unique palette of real combat animation was not specified for Saffi (Chapter 13).
  • Fixed freezing when attempting to trade items with Miranda (Dark Bishop).
  • Fixed a problem where petrification would be triggered by the weapon’s additional effect against a Stone state opponent.
  • Fixed a problem that prevented starting a battle in the arena and caused it to freeze.
  • Removed the addition of the critical coefficient to the crit value.

Change:

• Changed the portrait for Saffi (Chapter 13). If Saffi appears in Chapter 13, she will let her hair down.
  • Changed the appearance of cavalry reinforcements in Chapter 21 to be reduced (in normal mode).
  • Changed Hel not to turn into Fenrir when taken. Now you can get Hel, but you cannot use it.
  • Added to the description of the poison sword, etc. that it will change when taken away.

New:

• Added a conversation from Parn to Tina in Chapter 22. Parn gives an item to Tina.
    • There is no process in FE5 to give the item to the conversational partner, and this process was implemented in a forceful way. So if Tina’s possessions are full at the time of the conversation, Parn will get it.
  • Added the new item “Hammerne”. It repairs a weapon or staff.
  • Added the new item “Helarn”. It gives a weapon infinite durability.
6 Likes

From playable units Hel is only useable by Manfroy’s granddaughter? I forgot her name.

No playable unit can use Hel. Even Sara cannot use it.

Updated.

• Changed “Drop” to “Send” in the unit’s item menu. It sends the selected item to the depository.
    • If the selected item cannot be sold or discarded, cannot be deposited, or if the depository is full, it cannot be sent.
    • No merging when sending items with this command.
  • Added “Swap” command to the unit’s item menu. It works the same as the “Arrange” command in Engage, moves the selected item to the 2nd position from the top. Changed the name of the command because the letters did not fit in the window.
  • Changed the item list to redisplay when items are equipped, swapped, or sent. (In vanilla, the window would close when you equipped or discarded an item.)
  • Changed when weapons with “use” effect cannot be equipped, cannot also be used. This applies to the Bragi Sword, the Fire Brand, etc.
  • Changed the menu does not close and does not put into wait state when canceling a command menu after the action(s). However, the menu will close and the re-move will be performed as before if canter is possible. This is referenced to the behavior of FE Engage.
  • Changed carrying unit viewer in the unit list to “Talk”, displays the name of the conversation partner. This is the same function as the conversation display in FE4.
  • Changed the dialogue of the house in Chapter 1 (explanation about the depository and the Send command).
  • Changed the tool shop in chapters 1 and 2 to a depository. (The appearance is still that of a tool shop because the appropriate map chip did not exist.)
5 Likes

Hello, love your romhack! I beat it a couple weeks ago and now have gotten my friend to begin a playthrough. Question though, can Nightmare and other unit editing software be used with it? My friend wants to buff some units before she starts playing to give herself a slightly better experience.

Thank you for playing. Since I have not changed the location of the unit data storage, Nightmare is probably usable. However, some unit IDs have been swapped, so you may not be able to rely on the vanilla information as to which unit to target.

1 Like

Updated.

• Changed the unit rearrange, the name balloon does not appear when pointing to a unit (Leif, enemy, or NPC) that cannot be replaced. This is because the balloon display is slightly distorted when the cursor’s “X” marker and the name balloon are covered by the cursor.
  • Fixed a problem in which pressing the R button to reach the last unit during unit rearrange did not loop to the first unit (the cursor was not moved).
  • Changed the support effect display function, units in the carried state are displayed in white text. This is because, in FE5, units in the carried state can give support effects.
  • Fixed a freeze when trying to repair a broken weapon.
  • Fixed a case where the cursor would go to a faulty unit and freeze when using Repair immediately after using Hammerne.
  • Changed Hammerne, it can target Repair staff even if its usage is not reduced.
  • Added dialogue for the case where seizes the throne, with capturing Gomez, in Chapter 8x. There are 2 dialogue patterns: when Dagda is rejoin and alive, or when Dagda is still on the map as an NPC. If Dagda is an NPC, he will not rejoin and will remain in the village.
3 Likes

Updated.

• Fixed incorrect sort order for some added items.
  • Fixed a problem where the class type string was overflowing the frame when looking at a Bow Knight in the promotion destination display.
  • Restored the “Talk” section of the unit list to show accompanying units, as there was a glitch in this section that cannot be fixed quickly.
  • Added to the description of the Angel Ring that it restores HP when held.
  • Changed Previously called “Personal Skill” is now “Learned Skill” and “Unique Skill” is now “Personal Skill”. This is only a change in the notation on the stats screen, the actual content remains the same.
  • Changed “Unit” to “Units” and “Help” to “Guide” in the menu. This is only a change in the notation.
  • Added a description of “Swap” and “Send” to Guide, and added some Tips.
  • The amount of fatigue added when using a staff has been subdivided by the weapon’s lank, and decreased the amount at Normal mode. The specific values are as follows:
    • Normal mode: E=1, D=2, C=3, B=4, A=5, S=10, Prf=10
    • Hard and Maniac: E=1, D=3, C=5, B=10, A=15, S=20, Prf=25
    • (For your information, the following values were previously used for all modes: E=1, D-C=5, B-A=15, S and Prf=25)
  • Added Leif and Deen’s conversation with the enemy Althena in chapter 23. After these conversations, Althena will not join and will leave the map.
  • Fixed some English dialogue.
  • Increased growth rates for some allies.
2 Likes

Fire Emblem Thracia 776 is one of my favorite Fire Emblem games next to Conquest and Engage. And somehow, you made it even better. Awesome mod, keep up the good work :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Updated.

• Dalsin’s initial movement value was reduced and changed to increase by 1 when he joined. This is because his step was not aligned with other enemies in Chapter 4.
  • Changed some of the dialogue in Chapters 4x-7.
  • Added dialogue when escape with carrying Sety in Chapters 4x and 6.
  • Changed Galzus’ action algorithm in Chapter 6.
  • When conquering Chapter 7 in casual mode, Nanna can now get the horse even if Finn and Nanna are not talking. This is because Nanna may retreat before the player notices the conversation. There is no change in classic mode.
  • Added the text “0 damage will not inflict a cond” to the item description for weapons that inflict a condition.
  • Changed some item and skill descriptions (clarified ambiguous wording, and corrected grammar).
  • Changed the skill name of “Pray” to “Prayer”.
  • Fixed the problem that Daunt and Fear lowering Crit values for unarmed units.
  • Changed the title of Lifis in the epilogue.
  • The fade-out before opening the Status, Options, and Guide screens has been removed, so the speed of opening these screens is now slightly faster. The fade-in when opening these screens and the fade-out when closing them have not yet been removed.
  • Some changes about Japanese font.
3 Likes

Having completed the hack, I have a few more things for you.

Text errors

Patricia’s ending is still untranslated

The last word of page 1 of Daisy’s ending seems to have problems.

Story question

I do have one major critique about the story, and it’s about the route I took which seems to have replaced the death of Dorias with Conomore. More specifically, I don’t understand why Dorias’s death was removed from the story. The only contribution he has to the story after that point is when he talks about the river in the Reinhardt chapter, so I did not get the feeling that he changed the story much by surviving. I also think that Dorias’s death is a big character moment for Leif, and one of the most important parts of Thracia 776’s story, at least from my understanding of the story. So to me, it feels like you removed a vital part of the story for relatively minimal gain.

If your intent for this change was to make Conomore unrecruitable, then I would suggest having both Conomore and Dorias die in Chapter 19, so Leif still goes through the character development that occurs normally after Dorias’s death while also removing Conomore from the story so he cannot join.

I hope this is clear. This is probably one of the few story changes in this hack that I didn’t like; many of the others, like the Magi’s appearance in chapter 6, Olwen’s actions leading to Kempf’s demotion, and Shannam appearing in Chapter 14, were very enjoyable.

This was a solid hack—props for your hard work and for the frequent updates.

1 Like

Hello! I recently played through the entirety of the hack on Normal Classic, and very much enjoyed it. The one thing that was a sticking point was the English translation, and if you’re alright with it I’d like to edit it to read better. I read in the initial post that you don’t want it to be too divergent from the original text, and I intend to respect that. If you’re alright with me editing the script to read better in English, I would love to.
And maybe I can convince you to allow more uses on the Restore staves, because those later chapters can get brutal.

1 Like

Thanks for playing and reporting! Fixed about the text error.

Answer to your question

As a first thing to mention, avoiding Dorias’ death was provided as one of the possibilities, not as a complete replacement for the story. Outside of this route, the original storyline is maintained.

I decided that Leif, who grew up with his death, did not necessarily need to be portrayed in this route, since he already exists in the player’s memory. Instead, I wrote the story to show Leif’s growth through the choices he made leading up to it, but my English may not have conveyed that well.

The intent of this route was to avoid a rejection of Miranda by Leif. I considered the root of his and Miranda’s problems was Miranda’s anger at the beginning of their meeting and Dorias’ death, so I removed those two things and her proposal is not rejected.

However, it is certainly problematic that Dorias is alive but has little dialogue and little impact on the story. I should have something in chapters 20 to the end of the game that gives some sense of what it means for him to be alive.

1 Like

Thanks for the play and suggestions! I can provide the pre-assembly text file for easier reading if needed. Currently this file is in one chunk, but when I provide it, I plan to separate it into chapters. Thanks in advance for your help.

As for Restore, I intentionally reduced the number of them. This is because if you send out a lot of units, you can use them as decoys to bone the enemy’s staves, and the enemy’s staves will not be a threat. But it might be better to make them more available in normal mode.

I meant to reply sooner, but my friend did get Nightmare working and she’s beaten your rom hack as well! Watching her play through it all over again made me want to play it more, but for now I’ll take it easy haha.

The game brought us each a lot of joy and I’ve personally come to love Leif and his journey along with many of the characters such as Saffi, Kallion and Lifis.

I do have a question. Do you intend to allow units like Fergus, Karin and Homer to be playable in the future?

Question: which SNES emulators work on Windows for this hack? None of the ones I have work for it according to what you said above.

Snes9x should work fine