FE17 Thread - The leak was real (Spoilers, maybe)

I’m interested to see further elaboration on the premise etc, ain’t gonna count it out just cause its a big art style shift.

1 Like

Great, it’s FE3H 2, here’s my evaluation:

• art style better than 3H, but doesn’t say much
  • animations also better
  • art style makes me cringe
  • monastery

Evaluation: 3/10, contains too much walking and bad graphics, hope they don’t screw up the gameplay too

4 Likes

I think we can all agree Fire Emblem Engage is one of the cringiest and dumbest titles since Triangle Strategy.

Edit: Various Daylife is a really fucking strong contender though.

20 Likes

Why are they all French. Cringe

Okay but I’m actually really interested in this game. You can dress up your characters so that’s great. Also stands.

3 Likes

My opinion on this reveal: Kirby’s Return To Dream Land Deluxe is better and I will buy it instead of FE17

6 Likes

When i see or hear engage I think:
sir-patrick-stewart-patrick-stewart

5 Likes

Game looks really good tbh

2 Likes

Fire Emblem 17, but what if the Rings are Stands and acts as an Fusion Technique from Dragon Ball Z.

I can’t believe FE17 is actually just FEH2. Pop culture currently has a massive problem of focusing too much recycling old stuff in the form of fan-service and remakes (yes I’m looking at you, Disney) instead of telling new, original stories and it’s sad to see mainline FE join this trend. So the story won’t be anything to write home about, that much is obvious, but there’s still a chance that’ll be like Conquest and atleast have some good gameplay. Still, I am anything but hyped.

11 Likes

i share the same view of some posters above.
to be honest, i’m not very happy with the direction that IntSys has taken with their latest titles.
all of these spinoffs are becoming quite redundant with every new entry in the franchise, to the point that it feels they’re going far away from their mainline games just to put quantity over quality as a priority, but i guess money is what speaks louder in the end.

this new Engage title seems more like an improved version of FE Heroes for consoles, rather than cellphones.
also, the overall characters design is just…well, not what it used to be, really.
it’s too bland, too generic, already been seen a million times in any other form of fantasy anime material.
at least the previous main titles from the 3DS era, along with 3 Houses for the Switch, had each their own unique and distinct artstyle.
the one in Engage looks more like a mashup of copy-paste anime characters, and don’t get me started on the main protagonists because dear lord, that kind of hair can only come straight out of fanfictions.

i dunno really.
either i’m getting old, or the older entries from the SNES up to the 3DS era were just way better than these modern ones, because at least they were memorable experiences.

6 Likes

From what the leakers said, the game was made for the 30th anniversary, but it was delayed because of the pandemic.
That’s why it’s a recycle of past titles.

Also, remember that FEH was made for the 25th Anniversary.

8 Likes

Yeah I would have much preferred a standalone story/world, remake, or hell even a continuation of previous story-lines.

That said, the environment stood out to me as very heavily changed. I’m excited to see what they do with it as I liked what they showed in that regard.

Also looks like height in terrain is making a comeback? Could be a fun addition to tactical options. Looks like they’re leaning more into abilities as well with the dash through enemies move? I’ll definitely give it a shot if it’s a “normal” FE game, but the story/main character so far is not captivating me at all.

8 Likes

I’m betting my ass there are gonna be microtransactions in this game. Also, those character designs are awful…

6 Likes

I don’t care about the story as long as it’s goofy enough to stand on its legs without turning into an embarrassing mess… although I will probably wait 'til it drops to ~$50 on a sale or something to buy it. The gameplay is looking alright, after all.
Well, we’ll see if the maps are any good first though lol

1 Like

gonna eat an entire tube of toothpaste now brb

17 Likes

It isn’t often up front that an evil dragon is behind everything. Usually that’s the reveal.

2 Likes

HE FE LEEAAAAAAKS! THE FE LEAKS ARE REEEEEAAAAAAL!!!

totally did not steal that joke from Reddit

3 Likes

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I MISS FATES!!!, at least with that we had the cool dual nations and class types, the hoshidan weapons and classes are so cool!! i hoped that they would have something like fates cookin up, I dunno maybe a Scandinavian themed one, with furs and such or just straight Japanese FE!. bruh

1 Like

Can’t believe the leaks were real lol. Gonna be honest I’m kinda lukewarm about it which makes me sad but I can’t help it. All I’ve been thinking is “this is FE Heroes but make it a real mainline FE game”. :rofl:

Seeing my boy Sigurd in modern HD was a treat tho

2 Likes