[FE16] [WIP]Crimson Flower Demake (Retelling)

Hello everyone, my name is LeaguePainter27 (Also known around as Idunn on other Social Platforms like Discord)

Today I decided to finally post a thread of my current W.I.P Project which is a simple Demake of the Black Eagle Route from Three Houses! But, while Part 1 will not have a lot of changes, Part 2 will undergo many changes as I have decided to redo Crimson Flower which let’s be honest isn’t great at all in the actual game.

I’m working on this with the Engine Lex Talionis and I’ve slowly started to do the maps for it. Most of what I be showing for now is the first one aka the Prologue Chapter. I make sure to post the other’s here also as soon I have enough evidence of them to show further proof of progress. For future reference also, I’m mostly a novice at this whole thing so it won’t have such good quality like the actual games from IS for example.

Anyway, here are some screenshots I took within the engine.

Screens

LT_2022-03-04_19.14.24.377600
LT_2022-03-04_19.15.19.135256
LT_2022-03-04_19.18.53.291939
LT_2022-03-04_19.23.39.736444
LT_2022-03-04_19.28.39.452415
LT_2022-03-04_19.29.51.604709

Minor changes in this:

Changes
  • Jeralt will not die unlike in the game, I find the father dying trope boring
  • Randolph and Ladislava will be playable Units from Chapter 12 onwards instead of Ally Units who then get ditched later on (Ladislava dying off-screen for example is lame since she’s supposed to be one of the strongest warriors that the Empire has)
  • Kronya and Solon won’t be ditched after knowing their true indentiy right after
  • The Western Church has a bigger role than in the game
  • Cornelia will be the seconday main antagonist, Thales being the first
  • As mentioned you will actually fight the Slither’s more after betraying them by attacking Cornelia
  • Edelgard will not be a edgelord
  • Part 2 will be edited the most to show a better way of potraying Crimson Flower overall while Part 1 will only have some tiny changes.
Videos

Fire Emblem Three Houses Crimson Flower Demake - Intro Cutscene(Gameplay until Jeralt crashed it) - YouTube
Fire Emblem Three Houses Crimson Flower Demake - Tarvos and Maelduin Test - YouTube
Fire Emblem Three Houses Crimson Flower Demake - Prologue Outro Cutscene - YouTube

Demo 1

It’s time!!

The first EA aka Demo for this project.
It features:

• Broken english
  • Cool Characters from three houses
  • Edelgard
  • The first chapters (Prologue-Chapter 2)
  • Salt
  • Anger
  • You will die a lot
  • Everyone has now a birth month affinity
  • Soundtrack from the actual game which isn’t looped yet

NOW PLS READ THIS NOTICE: DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE ANY OF THE USED STUFF THAT’S IN THIS GAME!! THIS MEANS ANYTHING I USE IN THIS PROJECT! PLS RESPECT THIS AND IF YOU WANNA USE THOSE PLS ASK THE CREATORS OF THEM FOR PERMISSION LIKE I DID. Thank you for reading.

Huge thanks to the people over the demake server for testing a closed alpha and a lot of it to Rain!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kz1pVmbx0lfY4iHUVI6GggFnOzeVyMGN/view?usp=sharing

Pls be mindful, this is a very early alpha at best, so there will be some problems! Pls leave some feedback also so I can make this even better for the future :slight_smile:

Also, if you are a YouTuber no matter if small or big, maybe if you could record some footage that would mean a lot also :slight_smile:

Thank you all for waiting and have fun! See you soon.

Edit: This is not a rom game, all you need to do is extract the zip and then hit the double click batch to start the game

Here’s a sort of document also that I wrote up that should describe some of the stuff that will be happening.

I’m of course looking for potential helpers for this project, so If you wanna help me out a bit just say it here or dm me :slight_smile:

If you got any questions also just ask me here or shoot me a message, I will happily answer it!

That’s all for now, see you around everyone!

Discord Server:

Credits

Lex Talionis Engine and LT-Maker Editor created by rainlash

With additional programming and help from the Lex Talionis Discord server, including mag, KD, TheeBill, Lord Tweed, ZessDynamite, Nemid, Kyogokudo, beccarte, Meinerieve, Greentwip, and Klokinator.

Portraits:
IS
All Potraits being used so far are from the FE3H parody demake team and emkat [emk22.tumblr.com 13]

Class Cards:
IS
Seal for Elder Centaur, Gargoyle Strigoi, Queen Bael, Legion
Lich Entombed {SkidMarc25}

Map Sprites:
IS
Seal for Queen Bael, Elder Centaur, Legion
Zombie Lich (+Staff) {EldritchAbomination, SkidMarc25, Blood}

Combat Animations:
IS
Teraspar,L95 for Gargoyle Promoted
Arkth for Strigoi
Seal for Queen Bael + Magic animation by Yera. High Maelduin
Shtick for Tarantula Wizard
Cyclops Bow by Pie1055, scripted by Orihara_Saki.
Bonewalker Vanilla animation by IS.
Axe {MrNight, RenOokami, Orihara_Saki}
Handaxe (Big) {MrNight, RenOokami, Orihara_Saki}
Wight Repal Made by Teraspark, Wan
Legion Variant by Seal
Unarmed +Shield by SaxMarine
Cantor by Spud
Skelemonk by JonoTheRed

26 Likes

Goodluck on your project my dude!!

2 Likes

Thank you I wish you the same.

I added two new videos to the main post now also, one showing the Prologue Cutscene with Jeralt and some gameplay of it.
The second one was to test out two of everyone’s favorite Sacred Stones Monster types in Lex Talionis since they not in by default.

1 Like

The project looks great. Also will you keep the class changing feature?

2 Likes

I prefer silent protagonists but wouldn’t mind if you gave them a personality, might make it more worthwhile to play it if I have already played ut (I havent, almost finished with my first run BLs but I imagine when I do, this hack will have a release).
Anyways if Kronya isnt killed then she will join you or will she remain an enemy?
If the later then I hope she can be A supported by the avatar.

2 Likes

Do you mean the reclass thing or something else?

1 Like

I haven’t thought about it much yet, though in the Story she’s only spared by Thales because he still needs her meaning that he doesn’t really care if she dies eitherway later on.

Recruiting her is definetly a nice idea, I most likely (If later also done) will have Edelgard give the ability to talk to her since she’s the one closest to her and in some way Edelgard will be able to persuade her then.

After all Kronya was a pretty wasted character who we didn’t know even much about.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I mean

2 Likes

I’ll definitely try this project.

3 Likes

Yeah. Kind of felt like a waste and made the killing of Jeralt kind of irrelevant. Maybe she will eventually find out about the plans TWSitD for her and instead join in.

3 Likes

Yeah I will let people reclass Characters it’s a nice thing to have. THough I will not do what Three Houses did aka that any Character can be anything. I will try their most cannon implications (Meaning what Class they are when you didn’t recruit them)

Petra for example will be a Myrmidon, Thief, Assassin since she primary uses Swords.

I haven’t given everyone their Specific classes yet, for now they all use the generic ones.

1 Like

Good thing that in my recreation there won’t be the father must die so the MC progresses thing. And yeah, I won’t do any personal changes to the characters they be staying the same. Just making Byleth a bit more lively instead of just the MC standing there looking with a blank stare at you.

I should mention, that while for now I use Portraits from another Project since I got the permission and they are free to use, I’m open for changes if it happens that I get people to work with me on this.
Not to mention I have no Post-Timeskip Portraits as of now, and no correct battle animations for the Characters so they just use the generic ones.

3 Likes

Anyway, thanks for all the support so far everyone!

I’m planning to perhaps include a Special Prologue Chapter to replace the cutscene of the game before the actual Prologue with Byleth! But as mentioned before I do not have the needed Portraits for these two Characters yet. (Well technically one is there but it’s not the one used for the cutscene and later down in the Crimson Flower Route)

2 Likes

So today I fixed a couple things that didn’t work right, I learned how to do different choices so I can change up the Intro with Sothis and I did the Outro Cutscene for the Prologue chapter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC1Uf1Nezzs

2 Likes

Demake Edelgard looks kind of cute not gonna lie.
Also good that Byleth talks.

3 Likes

It’s a outdated portrait as I was told since they already made a new one, but this one looks the best for now.

And yep, Byleth won’t be the random person he used to be! He will say stuff and not just say “Yes I do it” while waving his hands around like a maniac.

4 Likes

Small Update for today:
I updated the Credits list with everything I use right now!
I also added a couple more of the Sacred Stones Monsters like the Bael Spider’s the Bonewalker family, Gorgon, Gargoyle. Some with user made ones which are listed in the credits respectively :slight_smile:

Monsters

LT_2022-03-09_16.30.59.291076
LT_2022-03-09_16.31.05.586201
LT_2022-03-09_19.26.13.603830
LT_2022-03-09_19.26.28.430652
LT_2022-03-09_19.27.12.895938

1 Like

Sadly no updates for now after 5 days, but some information for the Story!
While I do have Byleth in this since Byleth is a character of the cast from Three Houses, I would like to address that Byleth won’t be the main focus! Since this is Crimson Flower I would like to focus around Edelgard since this is her Story from how she was before and after being the Emperor. Oh and for all the Dimitri fans out here, don’t worry I won’t kill him off, same with Claude and the Students! Edelgards actions won’t be confusing anymore and more reasonable with her Goal of crushing the Church and the Slitheres!

Again, sorry for no actual updates I promise to show off some new things this week hopefully!

4 Likes

So you will retcon her fixation with Byleth?
Anyways I dont mind them playing second fiddle so long as we play as them.

3 Likes

In General I didn’t like that the Lords depended so heavy on Byleth. Here for example, why can’t Edelgard conquer the other places without Byleth yet in Verdant, Silver and Azure she has zero problems doing so. With Byleth Dimitri gained his senses back after another ahem spoiler death. But in Crimson Flower Dimitri is just fine without Byleth. And Claude is Claude lol.

But yeah, they will be friends but not so forced as the Devs did it. Also don’t worry Byleth ofc still takes a big part due the Slither and Rhea part and there will be more stuff from Jeralt’s “Watch out for what she’s doing” But I just want to make it a bit clear that since this is Edelgard’s route the story should focus more on her since it’s about her and her goal.

Anyway, Should I perhaps open a Server on Discord for this Project? I saw many others do it also, so People who are interrested into this could join there and also ask me questions about it.

5 Likes