[FE16] [WIP]Crimson Flower Demake (Retelling)

This looks like a lot of work, best of luck! Although, I don’t think the classification of “demake” fits with all of the changes you’ve talked about. I think calling this a retelling would be more accurate.

2 Likes

Yeah, added that into the title now. Also yep for now as a single person it is a lot to do, but who knows maybe in the future I get some help with a few things I need.

2 Likes

I was thinking. Will Sothis still vanish or will appear more? It would be more interesting if she doesnt vanish and instead reacts to Edelgard’s actions and maybe some conflict with Byleth if she disagrees with his and Edelgard’s actions.

2 Likes

Good idea, we don’t know how far Sothis would have ever go with Rhea’s decisions also since by the point she was gone and It was sad since she was a pretty funny person! I will definetly include her, oh and since this is basically a new thing honestly I should mentioned that Nemesis will be there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Random idea. What if when Byleth was return for part 2 it’s actually in the middle of the Empire trying to take the monastery

3 Likes

Are you guys sure you aren’t reading my mind lol? Sounds good though, I probably make a text file with all these ideas! Though this would be a good moment to learn more about Ladislava and Randolph who at this point are playable units you can use.

I hope to get some of the Battle Animations sometime, so i could show off the characters better.

Also, I still need to fix up a village raiding issue with the Prologue and then I will make the Mock Battle one.

3 Likes

As promised, here are some new screenshots of the currently worked on Chapter 1!
Edelgard’s team is deployed with Byleth, Hubert, Petra and Linhardt.
Dimitri’s with Felix, Ingrid, Dedue and Mercedes
Claude’s with Raphael, Lorenz, Marianne and Hilda
Hanneman fights with the Golden Deer Members and Manuela with the Blue Lions.

Screenshots

LT_2022-03-18_20.17.08.488184
LT_2022-03-18_20.22.49.053983
LT_2022-03-18_20.23.18.587547
LT_2022-03-18_20.23.36.854054
LT_2022-03-18_20.26.41.966417

I’m gonna work on the Discord Server for this Project tomorrow since it’s evening now and even this little work took me 2-3 hours now and I had been gone all day.

I will post the link for it here and in the Main post.
Please don’t forget to leave any feedback on the stuff that can be seen so far it helps me a lot.

8 Likes

Sprites look really great so far! I think I’ve told you this already but I haven’t played three houses, still I’m interested to see what kind of changes you make both in story and gameplay. I hope you shape the overall experience in your own way to create the improvement you’re envisioning!

3 Likes

Thank you again for the kind words!

I still have you in the back of my head, for potential playtesting. I wish I could promote my stuff more around, but this forum and YouTube is kinda the only place now, since I wasn’t much in communities for fire emblem yet.

It will also be most likely, that first potential tests and demos will not use any character accurate battle animation, as they are all still very wip from what I was told by the creator of the blue lions demake. I hope that’s okay with everyone for now.

3 Likes

Nice idea, good luck with it as it’s certainly an ambitious project but so far it’s looking cool. I would be happy to help with playtesting if you are looking for people to do so later.

I played 3H once when it came out and went Crimson Flower but ended up stopping before the end due to major annoyances with the gameplay, now I’ve recently started replaying to give it another shot (Blue Lions route this time) and even though I enjoy the story I kept wondering what it would be like if this game played more like a traditional FE game.

Are you planning to make Jeralt playable? One thing that I dislike about 3H’s earlygame is the lack of a jagen character (your whole team being footlocked growth units is such a drag lol) and I think Jeralt would be perfect for that while not altering the storyline too much. Thought I’d ask since you mentioned that he doesn’t die in your version.

Will it be possible to recruit any students from out of house? If not, your army roster might end up pretty slim, but I’m not sure how you would implement it with the game not having monastery/etc sections. (Maybe some of them could come along temporarily on certain chapters, as if you had asked them for mission assistance in 3h, and offer to join your house if you meet a side objective?? Just throwing out some random ideas!)

Have you thought about allowing a choice of female Byleth, I would understand if not because you’ve said your intention is to remove the avatar aspects from Byleth and just make him a main character with a personality (which is a solid idea, I wish 3H had done that) but it might be nice.

BTW about battle animations, I think character-specific animations would be neat but that if you just had normal GBA animations with palettes that match the characters that would also be completely fine.

3 Likes

I’m gonna number my answers for you!

1. About Jeralt, yes he will be a Playable Unit though not directly from the start because of the Academy Phase but he will join you up at the moment with the Remire Village Issue, and he will be a Blue Unit from there on already! Him not dying is my answer to the stupid, Parent needs to die so the MC can progress and has some other purpose to keep on fighting for what they believe in.

2. So far I’m focusing on having Lysithea join up with you later since she’s one of those who most likely joins up to Edelgard’s cause. I don’t wanna ruin the Friendship Group from the Blue Lions, and the rest of the Golden Deer doesn’t seem so Empire like. Though in exchange you get the following people:

Units
  1. Hanneman and Manuela join up after the Timeskip
  2. You get Randolph and Ladislava on the Chapter before the Timeskip.
  3. You get Fleche after the Timeskip and after the Reunion. She joins you up to prove herself of being a capable fighter.
  4. You get Kronya as a Assassin after Edelgard tells her that Thales and Solon are just using her and that she actually isn’t anything worth to them. Happens before the Timeskip
  5. As mentioned Lysithea will join Edelgard’s cause.
  6. Jeritza after the Timeskip.
  7. This one isn’t final but perhaps the Ashen Wolves mainly Hapi due her feelings towards the Church and Constance because you know rebuilding her house.

So fow now this would mean you get 10 more Units, 11 if you count Jeralt also. I hope I explained this good for you.

1. I will think about it, maybe I do a seperate version where instead of Male Byleth it’s all Female Byleth and then people can choose which Byleth version they wanna play.

2. This will be the biggest task to do, for now I use generic ones that don’t at all resemble them right. But I hope that in the future of this Project this will change and that either I get those from the other demake from the parody server, or I get someone to help me achieve this or someone else has done them and I could use them.

4 Likes

Also short thing, I worked on the Project over the weekend and today I put some more hours into Chapter 1 in and so good it’s playable and completable also. It’s a route map in which you as the Black Eaglers defeat both Houses and the other two teachers (Manuela and Hanneman)
After that it’s off to fight the revolution by Lonato who will not be killed this time!
I gave Edelgard a Hatchet also now, to make things a bit more fair.
Marianne somehow is strong as heck though and that’s cool.
Also everyone from the other houses has a defeat text now and Edelgard has special Dialogue with Dimitri and Claude.

LT_2022-03-20_16.00.04.500539
LT_2022-03-20_16.25.27.225960
LT_2022-03-20_16.31.41.137191
LT_2022-03-20_16.33.22.369874
LT_2022-03-20_16.36.57.905670

5 Likes

Add Marianne. She says she only returns because of Byleth in other routes and she mentions that she is inspired by Edelgard.
Nice set up. Will Lonato be playable (Honestly, Catherine is hot but she really comes off as a jerk towards Lonato so him owning her would be cool)? Or maybe have him help you get Ash.

6 Likes

Marianne is actually a good Idea, I think I do that honestly.
As for Lonato, he will become a associate to Edelgard since they both want to take the fight to the Church of Seiros. I haven’t thought on making him playable but IF then later down the road and he joins you up as a Paladin most likely by then.

It’s also important that you should train everyone and not just single use someone.
Since every Character has their respective bases and growth, they are already strong in the Mock Battle.

5 Likes

Here’s a example of my before post!

I be using the Base Stats and Growth Rates from FE16 for the generic classes also.
Here’s the Brigand one with every game they were in for example.

Brigand

And here’s the one for the Bishop Class.

Bishop

I’m debating wherever I should change up the 0% growth that Three Houses has, but for now I leave them like that.

2 Likes

Hey man, project is lookin’ good! You think that some members of T.W.S.I.T.D will be playable/recruitable/green units? I felt they had a large absence within Crimson Flower, even though Edelgard deems thier alliance as somewhat of a “necesary evil”

5 Likes

For now Kronya is planned to be recruitable with Edelgard before the Timeskip.
If some time later on in the Story they most likely be green units like in Hubert his paralogue.

Edelgard will get rid of all her obstacles.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Evil people arrive at the ruins near the Monastery. And also a hint of who was responsible for the attack from the prologue (The Strike Force people)

Bad Guys

LT_2022-03-26_20.07.16.033928
LT_2022-03-26_20.07.23.432486
LT_2022-03-26_20.07.29.410296
LT_2022-03-26_20.07.35.955116

2 Likes

dope portraits be on point!!

2 Likes

(Grammatical mistakes ahead)

Videos

Fire Emblem Three Houses Black Eagle Demake - Prologue - YouTube

Fire Emblem Three Houses Black Eagle Demake - Chapter 1 - YouTube