FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Regarding the infinite re issue with prAddEquipMagic.
In the May version, it worked when debuff was turned off, but in the June version, it does not seem to work with debuff set to 0.
The problem arose when I was investigating a bug in TrapRework.
If SkillSystems is used, Staff that can be attacked should not be implemented.

When I try to install some patches, this message pops up:
What does it mean?

That is the error that the EA is giving you.
Perhaps you have failed to install the EA.
Please use the InitSetupWizard to reinstall it.

FEBuilderGBA MENU-> Setings-> Init setup wizard

1 Like

I set all that and the patch, but then I use the item the game pauses a little bit and nothing happens

Hello again. I have encountered another strange problem but this time it has nothing to do with the Weapon Rank Ex patch. I have decided to try to use it and see how far I can get with it.

But this time it has something to do with the patch for the selection of the door key ID. For some strange reasons the game just freezes after i tried to change the ID back to it’s original ID. I explained it in the report what I was doing. I hope you can find something.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QoZhw3_YapIiuFPBoQl8AMOd-n7Pp25s/view?usp=sharing

I am encountering something strange recently with the “Door Key ItemID” patch.

Since you are using IER with SkillSystems, you cannot use the DoorKey ItemID patch.
Also, it is dangerous to reorder item IDs for no good reason.
The disadvantages are far greater than the advantages.

You didn’t attach your save data so I can’t confirm the problem.
I have tried to use the cheat to get the game to ch2, but in ch2, when I move the player unit, it freezes and I can’t proceed.
I think this ROM looks pretty bad and critical.

How can i confirm your problem?

Yeah, i totally forgot to include a save file, that’s my bad.
And I also wanted to have the Version of the Rom freezing after moving because I wanted you to see that if you change the “DoorKey Item ID” Patch to 70, everything is totaly fine except that you can’t use door keys.
I tried chest keys and lockpicks with thiefs and those worked normaly even tho I changed there IDs in the Item Editor.
I get the problem why rearanging the item list was a bad idea and I alteady had to change the staffes back but I wonder why this didn’t work with the door key.
If you don’t want to check again after changing the “DoorKey ID” patch to 70 I will just make a fresh new start with a new rom and look out so that I don’t change the order of these use items.
I am sorry :sweat_smile:

DoorKey’s ItemID could be changed from the patch if it was SkillSystems until IER was adopted.
Since SkillSystems adopted IER this year, it is no longer possible to change it.
This is because IER is centrally managed.
Perhaps you changed the ItemID of the DoorKey when you were using an earlier SkillSystems.
And I think you updated SkillSystems and IER was included.
So I think something is wrong with the DoorKey routine.
To fix this, I think you need to fix ASM and make it consistent.
However, I cannot fix it because your game freezes and does not work in my environment.
If you do not provide a version that does not freeze, then you will have to cure it yourself.

The thing is the SkillSystem version is the version I installed for the rom from the beginning. I get that the patch should not work then because of the IER tables but why can’t i make the change of the ID I made after installing the SkillSystem patch bacwards? This is something I just don’t understand how this ends up in freezing the Rom. But your right. I should have given you the working Rom with the right pointer where everything works and does not freeze.
I just was a bit in a hurry when sending it and wrote the thing with the pointers of the patch in the report but that wasn’t a good idea and I can see that.

So here is the Report of the version that is not freezing. From what I can say now it is not the Door key that is the problem. The Door key now has it’s vanilla spot in the item list. It has something to do with the option routine i think because you can still “use” the item when staying in front of a door so that it opens.
I also inclouded a save this time :sweat:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N_KBIYFnid_bCBCaj6OEfF357tCLfXL2/view?usp=sharing

A little attachement to what I said. It seems that the SkillSystems 20220402 Patch changed the Pointer of the “DoorKey Item ID” patch itself. I just tried something with the vanilla rom and then i saw that after just installing the SkillSystems Patch, the DoorKey ID patch changed itself so that means I didn’t do anything there and left it unchanged. It is the SkillSystems which causes this bug after changing the patch. I just tried changing playing vanilla with skills with a change of this patch. But Door keys still works there. So the routine of the door command seems to be a problem. :thinking:

So, i tried around myself and what I now did was reinstalling the SkillSystems. Now the Door works completly fine again. I hope that nothing has been affected by this reinstalling. If not I will work with that. If something game breaking or not fixable will appear. I think I will have to set up a new rom and don’t change the items like I said.
This error is still a little bit strange for me but if I can work around it and maybe fix it with this, then this is fine for me. :sweat_smile:

I have a strange issue with the SkillSystems patch as well, since it installs IER, it seems to set all promotion items to be able to promote at 0+ lvls

I seem to be able to replicate this on a clean FE8 as well, and it happens when I install the Skills Patch. Not sure where to readjust this back to lvl 10, maybe I’m blind but I can’t find anywhere to readjust it back even in the IER promotion item table

Read this.
The Note section describes the Promotion Level.

1 Like

Because when IER installs the hook, it crush the address with the DoorKey ID on it.
You have not updated your FEBuilderGBA.
If you had updated it, the DoorKey patch would have specified CONFLICT and you would not be able to change it.

1 Like

I think reinserting SkillSystems might work as it will restore the address you destroyed with DoorKeyPatch.
However, in a little while, SkillSystems may be released with other bug fixes, so waiting for that is another way to go.
In the meantime, you should remember to update your FEBuilderGBA.
Unless you have it off in your settings, it should check for automatic updates every 3 days by default.

1 Like

We have found a few more bugs and would like to postpone the SkillSystems update until later this week.
I would like to leave any issues that are not fixed by then.
In the meantime, I think that will put to rest once and for all the problems with SkillSystems that have been going on since January.

3 Likes

If you had updated it, the DoorKey patch would have specified CONFLICT and you would not be able to change it.

This problem again. I don’t know why but it seems that everytime I update FEBuilder it does not really update. This was something I noticed when my last SkillSystems Version was from 2020-2021. It seems like that I have to download it new everytime after a specific amount of time to see something like that. But it is good to know that just my stupid PC is responible for not updating this.

I think reinserting SkillSystems might work as it will restore the address you destroyed with DoorKeyPatch.
However, in a little while, SkillSystems may be released with other bug fixes, so waiting for that is another way to go.

Thanks for the info. I did reinstall it but maybe I wait for this and use it then. But thanks for the help.

SkillSystems 20220703

Fixed a crash problem when trading between units that have been resuce.

Fixed a bug that caused units one level below Summoner to go into deeploy.

Fixed TrapRework to initialize properly.
This should allow the following patches to work properly.

NAME.en=AddEvent: ChangeChapterObjective
NAME.en=AddEvent: ChangeChapterSong Dynamic
NAME.en=AddEvent: Change Chapter Battle TerrainSet Dynamic

Fixed a problem where IER conflicts with Spell Loader.
Spell Loader is available in this version.

merge Boon/Petrify conflict

merge Make vanilla Dance check use active unit pointer

merge fury fix

Source code
https://github.com/FEBuilderGBA/FEBuilderGBA/releases/download/ver_20220703.05/SkillSystem_FE8-Skill20220703.7z

I maked ups for testing.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/993114805521100882/SkillSystem_FE8-Skill20220703.7z

2 Likes

Is there any patch to add trainees to FE 6 or 7?

Does not exist.

1 Like