FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

This worked. Thank you!

1 Like

How can I make the Demon King have different items in each route’s final map? When I give him a weapon in one chapter he gets in on both.

How can I make green units turn into enemies in the middle of the battle?

Make a branch in the event order.
This kind of branching is often used in the latter half of vanilla, when the dialogue changes depending on the route, so you’ll know it when you see it.

I’m not sure what you mean by “the battle”.

If it’s on a map, you can just issue an order to change your affiliation.
If you want to change more than one unit at a time, there is a patch for that.
If you want to change more than one unit at a time, there is a special patch for that, because in vanilla, duplicate UnitIDs can be quite troublesome.

SkillSystems ver.20220127

Why ver:20220127?
Because I have started to prepare for 2022/01/27 in earnest.

Note:

The format of saved data will be changed to support SkillScroll.
Existing saved data will be invalid.
You will need to delete the existing data and either play a New Game or use a state save (QuickSave) to move the data.
Therefore, please be careful when updating.

Major changes:

Support for SkillScroll
For compatibility, SkillScroll is mapped to item 0xFF, so if you want to use it, please expand the item table to 256.
If you want to use SkillScroll, expand the item table to 256, and specify 0x38 SkillScroll as the usage effect for item 0xFF.

SkillSystems’ SkillScroll is implemented in a special way, and you need to write the SkillID to be remembered in the item’s durability.
For example, if the item’s durability is 60, you can create a SkillScroll that can learn the SkillID 0x3C (60) Spur Speed.
To change the item’s durability, I have added instructions to some of the event instructions so that durability can also be set.

How to make SkillScroll.

This is the only setting.
All you have to do now is pass this to the unit in the game.

Store

Treasure Chest

Visit Evevnt

If you see this item name as Gunnels, you have forgotten to extend the Item Table.

Since IER has been installed for SkillScroll, the way to create PromotionItem and Statbooster will change.

How to set Statbooster
The following screen will be changed from the previous one.

If you forget to assign a message, you will see a popup called DUMMY.

How to make Magic statbooster.
step1/2

I have set a blank space for an additional statbooster, and in its place, You will specify the message when use the Magic statbooster.

step2/2

step test
magic statbooster3

magic statbooster4

If you forget to assign a message, you will see a popup called DUMMY.

How to set PromotionItem
The settings can be made from this screen until now, but the screen will be changed to the one shown below.

new IER Promotion

Note1:
It seems that IER needs to set its own settings for the Promotion Level.
I have added a routine for that.

For each PromotionItem, this available level needs to be set in this field.
In vanilla, you need at least level 10, so enter A (10).
IER, if this field has an initial value of 0, the Promotion Item will be available regardless of its level.

Note2:
The four wands Silence, Sleep, Berserk, and Nightmare also need to be set additionally.
IER will disable the potency of these wands if this field has an initial value of 0.

To reproduce the vanilla behavior, you will need to set it to the following values, although it is tedious.
Silence 53
Sleep 52
Berserk 54
Nightmare 52

The same can also be said for the DancerRing.
Vanilla doesn’t use these items, but if you want to use them in your work, you will need to set them up with additional IER.

Support Gaiden Magic 2.0
gaiden_magic_B

The default is disabled, so if you want to use it, set it.

Limitation 1
In order to use magic in Gaiden Magic, you must have the magic’s weapon level.
For example, to use Fire, you need to have a weapon level of Anima.
Please note that if you do not have the weapon level, you will not be able to use the magic even if you set it up.

Limitation 2
Do not use HPSteal like Nosferatu in Gaiden Magic, it will cause the HPBar to display strange.

AoE Support

By default, only UnitID 0xFF can be used, and it is disabled.
If you want to use it, please change the setting.

This patch is not specific to SkillSystems, so you can install it separately, but it is too much trouble, so we included it in SkillSystems.
If you want to get it without updating SkillSystems, please install the following two patches.

NAME.en=Draw attack effect on map animation when battle animation off(Installer)
NAME.en=AoE Area of Effect(Installer)

Damage display when battle animation is turned off
damage2

If you don’t want to display damage, you can disable it by enabling Flag 0xEE.
There is also a standalone version of this, which you can install separately, but it’s too much trouble, so we’ve included it in SkillSystems.

NAME.en=Draw attack effect on map animation when battle animation off(Installer)

Damage display during battle animation
damage_popup1

If you don’t want to display damage, you can disable it by enabling Flag 0xEE.
There is also a standalone version of this, which you can install separately, but it’s too much trouble, so I included it in SkillSystems.
If you want to get SkillSystems without updating, please install the following patch.

NAME.en=AnimNumbers Damage pop-up in battle anime(Installer)

m4a hq mixer support
Use DPCM for high level sound.
Using DPCM, wav files can be loaded in 1/3 the space.

There is also a standalone version of this software, which can be installed separately, but I included it in SkillSystems because it is too cumbersome.
If you want to get it without updating SkillSystems, please install the following patch.

NAME.en=m4a hq mixer

AI heatmap caching/optimization (7743) support
Speeds up the process and makes the enemy AI think faster than ever.
It is roughly 6 times faster than the default and twice as fast as the hypergammaspaces implementation.

There is also a standalone version of this, which can be installed separately, but I included it in SkillSystems because it’s a pain!
If you want to get it without updating SkillSystems, please install the following patch.

NAME.en=FillAIDangerMap Efficiency Fix 20211217

Source code
https://github.com/FEBuilderGBA/FEBuilderGBA/releases/download/ver_20220207.17/SkillSystem_FE8.20220127.7z

Two glitches were found in the test version and have been fixed.
If you want to try it out, we recommend that you update FEBuilderGBA to the latest version before using it to avoid them.

There will be many changes, so you may not need to force yourself to update from your existing system.
If you do want to update, remember to backup and test.

7 Likes

Thanks for all these new features! It’s been a long time since the last update for the skill system. The damage display is also welcome.

I would like to report that the visual glitch of the “Magic” stat on the level up screen is still present for units who have already maxed it. They are shown gaining a point on the level up screen, but they actually don’t gain anything if you check their data.

I don’t remember that problem.
Is that a problem you had from a previous version?
The fact that it has not been fixed makes me think it is SkillSystems glitch.
Please let me know how to reproduce it so I can check.

Right. Here, I set Eirika’s class to have a limit of 20 to her Magic stat.

When the game is running, if Eirika reaches 20 points in her Magic stat and gets another point from a level up, it will be displayed that she has reached 21 points in Magic. However, if you check her stats, she actually only has 20 points and did not go over the limit. Here is a video showing this: (I apologize for the bad quality)

The-Sacred-Trilogy-Full-Version-Cleaned-Up.emulator

This visual glitch of an additional point in Magic happens with every class and character.

I think this is a problem with Skill Systems.
For the time being, I have reported the problem.

1 Like

I found a bug in the “Setting battle BGM of a many dancer in battle animetion 20200610” patch.

The BGM/DanceSE is read as a BYTE instead of SHORT.

That’s not the case.
BGM is acquired by ldrh, and it is written properly by ldrh in dmp.
I think it’s something else case.

Match:
    ldrh r0, [r3,#0x02]  @Table->BGM

The “ArmorMarchList(Requires Skill System Patch)” is no longer usable with the new skill systems patch. It says this instead:
“There seems to be no patch prerequisites.
0x00 0xB5 0x46 0x49”

“Skill Charge Spaces(skillsystems)” seems to not be working as well, but I didn’t use that one before so I’m not sure if it being broken is new or not. It says this in the patch description:
“bad address : $GREP2ENDA+0 0xF0 0xB5 0x0A 0x4D 0xA8 0x42 0x0F 0xD1 0x04 0x1C 0x0D 0x1C 0x09 0x48 0x86 0x46 0x20 0x1C 0x09 0x49 0x00 0xF8 0x00 0x28 0x06 0xD0 0x05 0x4B 0x1A 0x78”

There could be others not working as of now, but I’m not sure. I didn’t have time to look through them all. The other ones I did check seem as if they’re still functional. If these all still work on your end, I’ll create a report and send it later today when I have some more time.

1 Like

I’ve confirmed the problem so you don’t have to send the data.
I’ll fix it later.

1 Like

Checking it on a clean ROM the bug doesn’t happen.

Maybe another patch is interfering, which is odd, because the patches related to music that I have can reproduce any song above 0xFF

How could I make a fully scripted battle in FE8? With both units attacking

Fixed this issue.
I have added a new patch for 20220127.

1 Like

An example can be found in the Event Template.

or

Is there a way to change the portrait of a unit permanently? Like, after a certain chapter I change the unit’s portrait without changing anything else

If you want to do this in vanilla, you have the ability to change the status flag to show PortraitID+1 by adding a specific value to it.
However, this is not very useful.

In the meantime, the following patch is available.
You can use this to dynamically switch the person on the status screen etc.

NAME.en=Switch Portrait images by class, chapter, flag.
INFO.en=Switch Portrait to the status screen and MiniMug class, chapter, flags.