FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

There isn’t, no. The Repo always hungers for hole-filling!

Thanks for the assist.

Edit: Added.
https://i.imgur.com/Y0FS9yH.png

2 Likes

I clicked on the new link and it brought me to that … strange
Maybe I’m just dumb
(Also just replied to the wrong message and replied to myself so I can confirm that I’m just dumb)

1 Like

As always, I’m out here working in the trenches to improve the repo.

I mentioned it earlier, but I’ll say it again: I’ve started working with Lex Talionis, and since the engine also happens to be cross-compatible with FEXNA(Tactile) the work I put into LT will also be useful in that direction.

Today, I reformatted every single map sprite and class card in the repo to work for LT. You won’t see the fruits of my labor for map sprites just yet, but class cards? Yeah, we got em.

Behold! Before and after!

Before:

After:

In case it isn’t clear: I went through and made every single class card (well, ALMOST every single class card) transparent. Even more importantly, I standardized all the class card to be 80x72 pixels in size.

This ordeal took me four hours. It was not easy. It was boring, and it was tedious. It made me realize that we have NO standard for class card submissions, and I’d like to change that as of right now.

Please submit all class cards as 80x72. Not 88x72 or 80x80 or some other crazy number, but 80x72. This is the size GBA accepts, and it’s the size LT/Tactile/other engines use too.

I first went through the repo and resized everything, then I did a second pass and made what was left transparent.

There were really only a few hiccups. Here’s where I ping @N426

These two Angel class cards you submitted use white as their BG. They also use white on the clothes. I can make them transparent, but it will take forever. I’d appreciate if you could make them transparent on your end and resubmit them.

Additionally, L95 had a horsey with a VERY long tail. I left the long-tailed version in the repo at 80x80, but also added a cropped version at 80x72 that cuts off a little bit of its long, fluffy tail.

So, yeah. The class cards have been totally overhauled. I love what I’ve seen! So many incredible submissions from the community! But, for the sake of Grandfather Klok not suffering carpal tunnel, please submit all future class cards as transparent 80x72 PNGs please.

Thanks for reading! Visit the new Class Card repo here!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1s08HPjXYygEDvdIfUk79lFBEA8H9zIkB

Edit: My google is still syncing. It might take a bit for everything to update.
Edit2: Ah yes, now I remember why I hate google drive with a burning passion. Expect all these awesome class cards… later! When Google Drive finishes upload at .07KB/s.
Edit3: Done, all sync’d up!

20 Likes

Thank you, Klokinator. The entire community is in your debt.

And if not the entire community, then at the very least, I am in your debt.

3 Likes

Sorry bout that, these were part of my initial foray into class cards from a while back. Here ya go:
Angel OC Fe Angel OC

5 Likes

Updated! The entire Class Card repo is now complete.

2 Likes

There is some weird timing going on in that gif… O_o

1 Like

@Klokinator, It is the tick speed and the frame replaying itself. That is why the GIF is weird.

Your tick speed and your staff animation has been playing the same frame at least like three times.

001db29fb5846ff4e53e9ce1b6d9a073

My advise is to lower the tick speed of the animation and change the flangs direction of the frames to make it better

This what I mean by tick speed.

ce626d720f964dc770f7f6c96cc32d82

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for all of your hard work on the Repo, Klok. Well done. Some awesome new animations/assets recently from the community too. Great stuff all around.

2 Likes

I love you

3 Likes

Hmmm… Interesting! It’s the ‘step’ version of the Lance anim!
Now all we need is a chain sword.

Chain sword is in fexp/tactile, @BwdYeti is that free to use?

6 Likes

I think it’ll be up to preference. But hey, that means that we finally have a step version of all of the main melee weapons for General!

Just need a shield version… and a caped shield version… and a Marshall version…

Yes. yes we need that.

Looks much better than vanilla! Any plans for the binding blade animation?

nope!

2 Likes

Unfortunate, but understandable. Thanks for the base animation anyway.

Wow! Now this is an animation I would use!

Huh, I thought this was in the repo already, but maybe I’m misremembering. I didn’t see any map sprites for it when I imported map sprites, so I’m probably misremembering. Cool of you to script it!

1 Like

I hate you

7 Likes