FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

@JeyTheCount may i ask what game is this?

A hack Iā€™m working on. Just to show what I ment.

2 Likes

I like your sprites, hope youā€™ll upload it here in the community

1 Like

What sprites

Flasuā€™s rulesets are natively faded; you can see it from his darker palette that he also likes them, well, darker. I can try working on it later today if I donā€™t get exhausted from work.

1 Like

Iā€™d be very glad.

Hey all, just curious: Does anyone here have the map sprites for the various dancers in the repo, but not all fucked up?

Specifically their moving map sprites. Iā€™m not looking to insert to GBA, but to convert to FEXNA/Lex Talionis format. Neither engine will function with these broken garbage data versions.

Examples:

You can make them work in any GBA game if you import the AP data from their origin game.
FE7 Dancer in FE8

Here are the files for Ninian and Nils. You add the AP data in the ROM, and then you put the pointer in the Misc map sprite table.
Iā€™m using that Ninian map sprite for this.

FE7 Dancer

1 Like

Uh, but Klok specifically said he wanted those map sprites for Tactile/LT, not GBA.

1 Like

He said ā€˜neither engineā€™ and I thought it included GBA. My bad.

I think he (or anyone who volunteers) should rip the animation and create a new sheet for those map sprites, because all dancer map sprites extracted from the games are like that.

I have one for the FE7 Dancer:
fe7 dancer f

Oh, I see your issue. Unfortunately, itā€™s hard to fix it. I can try to, but the main issue is that I only had room for six grass shades. I would make the forests stand out more if I had more colors. Iā€™ll try to fix it with what colors I have.

I do like my colors darker, but this is the light version. The grass colors arenā€™t too far off from, say, Zoramineā€™s plains. Itā€™s just that the lightest shades arenā€™t very light, I suppose.

Mercanery

That is exactly, precisely, perfectly what I wanted. Got any more in that vein?

This is Ninian Dancer. What I need now is the Male Dancer L95 made. I may have that last one somewhere on my HDDā€¦

Edit: I have Tethys now, still need the other two though.
Edit2: I ended up building Lalum from scratch. Now all I need is the uncorrupted Male Dancer walking sprites and Iā€™ll be golden.

Thatā€™s the old portrait repo. Not the new one.

whenever you could, please get the rest of the vanilla fe8 portraits, both the old and new repo are missing some characters

I added some of them myself (Zombie Vigarde and Oā€™Niell, to name a few), but yeah, there are quite a few that are missing.

Iā€™m either going to get those or the missing FE6 portraits, because those are also missing a lot of portraits.

If you can submit them, that would be great. Itā€™s a lot of work getting the repos in order and all that other stuff. Just yesterday I started a giant project of importing all the existing map sprites into Lex Talionis so that LT and Tactile users will have the full array of map sprites at their fingertips.

Shouldnā€™t be a ton of work. You just go through the FE8 Rom with FEBuilder and dump the portraits while naming the characters.

1 Like

So Mikey didnā€™t upload it before me? Oops.

At this point, all I need is the male dancer map sprite, specifically the moving frames. Thatā€™s it. I have all the other existing map sprites done. Itā€™s just this one thing, and unfortunately, the original creator has disappeared from the FE community for a couple years.

Unless someone can produce the sprite unmangled from the GBA constraints, I may need to rebuild it myself. I have no idea how to do that.

I did it while you were replying, hehe.
dancer m fix
Speaking of the Male Dancer, thereā€™s no Sword animation for him, right?

6 Likes