FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Arms up. Arms behind back. :rofl:

Kidding aside, Iā€™m glad to see Iā€™m not the only one interested in how this wildly advancing technology will change many aspects of creative hobbies and careers. Thumbs up, @Klokinator

AI is quite interesting.
However, as it is, itā€™s trained on the works of artists who did not consent, and is not advanced enough to really permutate away from it, even if it could do pixel art.
This makes a whole clustercuck of rights issues. So I would suggest to anyone excited about AI art: Keep an eye on it, but donā€™t jump in right away.

Personally I think itā€™s a great tool of study/thought exercise, and most of the ā€œlazyā€ guys are just making things to, umā€¦ satisfy their needs. For the most part, anyone with a good enough eye to finetune seeds and prompts well appreciates art enough they wonā€™t spit in the face of artists. Thatā€™s why only the scumbag skiddies have gotten exposure so far. :confused:

5 Likes

Wait til you see what Iā€™m working onā€¦

1 Like

For Portrait, it is difficult because you have to 16 colors,
but for backgrounds, you can use AI-created backgrounds in games with a little ingenuity.
This is because BG has 8 palettes available.
I use FEBuilderGBA 6 palettes for color reduction, and the remaining 2 palettes are used to manually process the areas of concern individually.

However, if the image has gradients, the difficulty level increases.

BG made by Novel AI

4 Likes

BG made by Novel AI 2

BG made by Novel AI 3 (1k+)

8 Likes

BGM made by AIVA

6 Likes

Next up, AI makes battle animations? :wink:

There is already research on it. Read this paper if interested.

2 Likes

Now this is what Iā€™m talking about! Using the AI to make BG is the first thing that was in my mind and what I hoped people would use for since the complication of high detailed backgrounds tend to be near impossible for most people. I mean, of course it probably take effort for the person generating too but still it will def cut down on the really annoying and awful parts of having to do backgrounds. They look real good.

I hope the AI software will be used more for things like this.

Come to think of it, there arenā€™t that many custom backgrounds that see much use. Vanilla has a lot of settings that are in the average fe game covered. Some variations in interiors and weather variants would be cool though, same with having locations that are more inspired by real life areas rather than being vaguely tied to a biome or Generic European Castle. The rules for backgrounds are just 16 colors unless you wanna mess with TSA, right?

FEBuilderGBA can handle TSA. You can tell AI what you want and it will give you tons of them and you select from the results.

Iā€™ve launched my newest project, Umi AI!

Read about it in this post!

https://feuniverse.us/t/umi-ai-the-worlds-first-fully-customizable-character-creator/17883

3 Likes

It would be cooler if it wasnā€™t flagged or lockedā€¦

1 Like

Since i canā€™t reply to it with the context of that thread I have to say it here.

They arenā€™t salty as it currently stands, while the tech is impressive, it requires preexisting assets to generate an image from which is usually taken without the original artists knowledge or consent.

There is also the whole ā€œstolen jobsā€ thing but that one doesnā€™t make as much sense to me, and some people who have been using AI art generators to actually try to claim other artits work as their own by stealing a WIP image and finishing it with the AI.

Just force it to impose a watermark on it and most people would calm down over it.

Its entirely because without knowing what to look for, AI art can mislead people on how much of it was stolen/taken from other artists to make that piece. So it has a very negative spotlight on it right now. Especially after that whole art contest fiasco.

Its good for ideas, but not to make things you show off online, ya know?

Edit: please donā€™t say anything more on this here, I just wanted to get that thought out of my head somewhere and say nothing further.

2 Likes

If you start talking about stealing, artists also steal many compositions from nature.
You should first apologize to God.

6 Likes

The other topic was locked for a reason.

3 Likes

If you start talking about stealing, the arts here are based on the official sprites, and AI does learning while human ā€œartistsā€ doing splicing.
Nintendo and IS agree and send you the lawyerā€™s letter.

1 Like

Ha! Theyā€™ll never take me alive. Iā€™ve never been living in the first place.
Checkmate, Nintendo and IS.

2 Likes

I frankly believe it was locked because there is a NSFW option.

1 Like