FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I wanted to do this for years, but good luck actually doing it without going insane. I did it for the class cards and nearly put a few rounds into my monitor halfway through. It’s infuriatingly tedious.

I ended up making five different mouse macros to expedite the process and that finally made it much more tolerable.

1 Like

I am aware of this. I just want to change it for the Repo pourposes, that is display.

I can change it myself no issue.

2 Likes

i don’t mind, but it would probably be better to keep the usual turquoise green for viewing purposes, since any other color would probably just make anyone’s eyes bleed out after browsing the repo for more than 10 minutes.
the traditional tone used in the ancient portrait maker should do the job( the one outside the boxes ):
demo 00a

most people use that anyway, and it never gave me issues.

3 Likes

I think it would be sort of easy to make a script that changed the background color in all the portraits in the repo. That sounds like a better solution than to try and do it manually for one’s sanity.

Unforchnantly, such a script would probably only work if the palette order is correct, and I know Usenti sometimes shuffles my palette orders.
It could also grab the colors from the unused corners, but some people use a different color than background color for that.

Edit: plus it’s probably fine as long as it’s not a neon color or a color that hurts readability like pure black or white

1 Like

I’m good with it. Sometimes the green palette in the BG changes and I don’t even notice. The color goes like: brbtbrbtrbbtr changing shades brtbrtbrtbrbtbrt

1 Like

There is now a python script added to the repository under Portrait Repository/Tools that converts all portraits in a given directory to have the specified green background. Will test it out a bit more, but will probably convert most of the portraits using it soon. It currently does the ‘ugly’ solution of picking the topleft pixel as the background color to replace. I might change that to a more robust version that also checks the frequency of that color.

7 Likes

@monk-han Since your Warrior animations aren’t scripted, I can’t add it to the repo. If you want, you could ask for some help around in getting it scripted I’m someone wouldn’t mind. Nice animation btw :ok_hand:

Maybe some people have noticed already, but all* portraits have had their background color unified to a common color. This makes it quite nice for the eyes to browse the portraits. In case anyone notices something off or wrong as a result, please notify me or someone else in the repo crew.

*all as in all portraits with frames and correct image size.

3 Likes

Oh I see! I dont really understand much about scripting it, but I´ll search about it. Thanks

1 Like

you’ll need to replace the frames of the original warrior in builder. export the helmetless anims as pngs and go to the battle animation editor in builder, then click import frames on the original warrior animations, the timings and frame count should be the same so no problems there. then after you’re finish dump all the animation into a folder you wanna submit to the repo, it should have the timing there

3 Likes

I see! Thanks so much that was really helpfull. Do the new frames need to be placed exactly the same place as the original frames for the ROM do understand it ?

1 Like

not really, but since it’s a helmetless version of the warrior anims i assume the timing’s the same right? it just saves you time

1 Like

you can copy the warrior axe and bow entry in the battle animation menu, expand data and then paste it on the new slots

2 Likes

Ive actually changed a few small timings on the animations, thats why I asked

thanks a lot for the help! will try doing that

1 Like

aa well it shouldn’t be too difficult to mod the base warrior anims to your timing

1 Like

If you plan to do an export and replace, for either helmetless or helmet, and depending on how much you change, you have to
Export the original Helmet/Helmetless Warrior animation and have it as the EXACT name as whatever you are naming your own helmetless warrior. I.E Export/Dump All → Save as “Warriorhelmetless”. Then afterwords, move your own to replace those file but don’t delete any other images.
Then import the animation via the TEXT file, which will pull in all the replaced and images in that folder. It’s very specific so if you changed anything via filename you might get an error.
And after that, you will still need to check the frames themselves because the animation will use the original’s, not yours, animations.
That’s the easiest way without having to do everything by scratch. Also, it will probably not have separate colors for Enemy/NPC/Gray but not always.

1 Like

Just going to throw this out there: I see people linking the repo Github itself everywhere, but I advise when directing newbies to the Repo, you link them to the OP of the Repo topic.

The reason I recommend this is because the OP itself has a lot of useful links, including instructions on how to browse those useful Readme.md files, as well as a tutorial on how to use Github.

I’d also advise changing the !repo command in FEUcord to link to the OP, not directly to the Github.

4 Likes

Unrelated to your post but I wanted to ping you because this is important.

The brown haired green armor knight is not available for public use, as it is based on a real person and they did not give permission for their likeness to be publicly used. Please remove it.

We had this discussion before.

2 Likes

Let’s hope I yeeted the right one.