FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Aren’t most of those done by someone else and not the original artist though? Those aren’t really what I was referring to.

Yeah that makes sense to me.

1 Like

Pretty much what Glen said. If it’s in the repo, it should almost always stay, especially in regards to non-portraits. Battle Animations walk this funky line of whether or not X Y Z or A2 is a better option (I mean, just look at the nightmarish list of Berserker variants, jfc)

If there had to be some form of cleanup. I think some of the ‘meme’ portraits are definitely the most of all time, and I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing those gone

4 Likes

humm if it’s meme portraits it might be better to just put em in a separate folder in the github or something, same with previous versions if the creator think it’s inferior, though you’ll have to take care of diplomacy on what is a “meme” portrait less some people might take offense or something

1 Like

Damn. Their adult nils is better than mine :sob:

1 Like

@milom, a suggestion that may help. There are some Cities and Space tilesets I’m working on. In the future, would be really nice to see a folder exclusive for Cities (urban tilesets in general) and Space tilesets.

1 Like

For sure, if more tilesets get added in those categories that’s something that can be changed later on.

1 Like

@7743 these animations are damn GOOD. They will make a fine addition to my library :v.

Edit1: Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that one link gives the same folder for the [Promoted Youli].

The UnPromoted link was incorrect.
Thanks for letting me know.
I’ve corrected it.

1 Like

Do you know anyone else who has posted good animated gif?
I want to convert them so I can actually use them in games.

2 Likes

There’s Redbean’s Improved Miko

I don’t know many artists that create gif. But I can search for some and send to you, if you would like.

Hello everyone, I’m not entirely sure how this page works, but if someone is so nivel , please send me an animation for Maid in FE8, it would be very kind of you, I’ve been looking for it And I haven’t been able to find a Maid animation for Gba anywhere

Well. That animation doesn’t exist, so… that’s going to be a real barrier to obtaining your heart’s desire.

3 Likes

I understand thank you very much I will look for one that convinces me, perhaps one of a female war cleric

1 Like

For future reference, if you want to search animations, you need only read the instructions in the OP of the main post.

That’s all you need!

1 Like

@RyanTheBerserker
I already moved your other post; this is where discussions take place.

1 Like

Cool. I didn’t expect there to be a magical girl animation

1 Like

So, eh, very important question for the spriters here. A pretty controversial too.

So, um
Would you be fine if the backgrounds were unified to one, default colour? This doesn’t change to art at all as background is deleted in game anyway. And it would go a long way into making the repo look more unified.
(This is especially a question for @Garytop since you use a different shade of green as background on all your art).

2 Likes

I’m not fussed, I use that color because its easier on my eyes when spriting. So I’ll probably keep using that to work on it, but if you want another color when posted we can probably sort something out.

2 Likes

As long as the image has palette data, the background can be any color.
This is because the first color in the palette is the background color.
If it does not have palette data, this causes confusion.
It is not a good idea to only submit your created images to FEU, because FEU will corrupt the palette data of the submitted image.
It would be better to use a zip file or other uploader and write the link to it in the FEU.

The light green background may be changed to another color if there are many green and yellow colors in the data, because they will be mixed during data creation.
You don’t see green in the costumes of FE figures very often, but not always.
Sometimes green is used in magical animations other than people.

In the end, I think the problem can be solved if there is a zip file of the image with the palette data properly set up.

2 Likes