FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

My guy, you are crazy dedicated, massive respect to you. Still, it’s a lot of work, but also because I wanted to work on all of their different attacks, which I’m not sure if you wanted to do, I’ll show you the boss videos to show you their attacks

1 Like

his arm is growing out of his waist lol

The original is like that, it shouldn’t take too long to fix it.

A spriter’s job is never finished.

'Ere. They’re sorted first by game, then by the actual tileset itself. Included in each is the full tileset (the images you had before), the Object Image and the Mapchip Config. I also avoided giving them names, as it felt incredibly redundant, and instead just named them in the order that they’re stored in memory. If you want to re-add the names when adding it to the repo again, fine by me.

Makes it easier to find Niche Tile#5123252 from the whogivesadamn tileset in FE6. It’s also in my own personal folder of tilesets which speeds up the process for me.

5 Likes

Also i’m taking the 3000th reply lolololololololololololololollolol

jk i’m sorry late april fools

But it’s the 3050th reply

Nice to see the Wyvern Rider finally has all the weapons. Now it’s time to give cute pegasi girls a HUGE death axe for beheading traitors to the crown.

1 Like

Somehow I never noticed.

Any chance of Arenabro getting FE8-ified? I tried but I don’t feel like I did a good enough job to post here. I’m more of an item guy myself.

Hey, hate to be a bother but I figured I should say you’ve got my dancer named a bit strangely in the Google Drive, you have it labelled as ‘Male Dancer’ and while I can appreciate a guy who rocks a crop top, well you know, just a short haired version of Tethys

3 Likes

You sure you want to see it?

Legendary

Yo now I can make L’arachel an infantry mage. Looks great!

2 Likes

Hey guys. A gigantic update is happening for the Battle Animation Repository right now, as we speak.

My dudette @Sme busted her butt recently. She inserted and re-dumped ALL the animations in the repo under their same names. Why? Because due to an old, long-resolved FEBuilder bug, the .bin files which came packaged with the animations were borked. They were supposed to work properly with Buildfiles, but didn’t because of… some reason. I don’t recall, and it doesn’t matter.

Now, this bug was resolved over a year ago, so any animations added after that point had no issues. However, all the old animations still had broken .bin files. As such, Sme dumped everything and handed it off to me.

Here’s the thing. Sme gave me a folder with ALL the animations, pngs, and other such files dumped. The folders were well over 125k files in number. Simply pasting those over the files in the google drive would shatter the repo. I don’t know how to say this nicely, but, google drive kind of fuckin sucks, and it always has. I honestly hate it, but it has unlimited bandwidth, so here we are…

Instead of pasting ALL her animation files, I have pasted ONLY the .bins in the infantry folder, and the .bins/.dmps in the other 5 core folders. I honestly don’t know if the .dmps are necessary. I also don’t know if the new .bins will break and shatter when put in the vanilla folders. I can only pray.

This is where you guys come in.

If you download an animation from the repo starting from this post and moving forward, double and triple check it in your rom. Make sure it works and do not assume it has no errors.

I’m not sure if I’ve broken anything. I have the whole previous repo backed up, just in case. I’m going to ask my team to hold off on importing anything new for the next few days. I will wait and see if anyone reports buggy, broken, bed-shitting animations before giving this current repo build the thumbs up. :+1:

So, please. Double check any downloaded animations. Let me know if they do or do not work. I’m going to do tests on my end, but this is very much a case of quantity being super helpful. If thirty people tell me there are no issues, great! If thirty people tell me their animations broke, not great!

In the worst case scenario, I may have broken everything. If so, I’ll delete the entire repo and reimport from the backup. Knowing google drive… that’s probably 1-2 weeks of uploading time.

Goddamn. I freaking hate google drive.

Edit: Note, if for some reason the whole repo IS broken, Sme’s version should work fine. You’ll have to download and extract basically the entire repo, but these animations will 100% work. Only use these if the repo’s animations are completely fucked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v0UOPiRPqqKG0RImQMbBqNI8R0masFhH/view?usp=sharing

Edit2:

I have realized the battle animation repo had several big errors. I will quickly get to work on a new folder, labeled:

This folder will eventually replace the current repo. I will first fix up the current repo, then upload it to that folder with all the gifs fixed and all the bins altered and fixed as well. Then I’ll delete the current repo and rename the new one. Should be a mostly seamless transition. During this time, I won’t have any new battle animations added.

This update will potentially shatter Emblem-anims. If so… we’ll just have to wait for Shin to return, but I’ve realized I can’t put this off. The repo had a bunch of errors, and all of them had to do with extremely long folder names. Simply put, too many people being credited on folders was pushing them over the windows registry max of 260 characters. As such, I’ve chopped off any folder with excessive credits and stuck them in a CREDITS.txt file inside said folder.

I would prefer not to do this, but given the literal file limitations, I don’t have much choice. I’ll see if I can work with Shin to continue making credits visible on the website.

More updates soon.

15 Likes

YO! These are so cool, especially the Grima one.

1 Like

Damn, dude. I’m honestly in shock at how impressive this is.

1 Like

A quick follow-up. I am in the process of uploading two of the six primary repo folders to the v2 rework.

There are 56,000 files inside these folders. After nearly three hours of uploading, here’s where I’m at.

Yeah. It only shows 18,000/56,000 files. It’s only uploaded 5,000 in total. It’s not even a tenth done yet, after 3 hours.

This… this is going to take a while. For non-buildfile users, the current V1 repo should do just fine. And, well, for Buildfile users, the old repo didn’t work anyway, so nothing lost, nothing gained, I guess?

It’s a work in progress…

Edit: I slept for seven hours and woke up. This is where we are.

Ugh.

2 Likes

im not mad about it, as obs did amazing work on it, but im mad that it wasn’t even my art that got me my first ‘great reply’ badge lmao

1 Like

Those look great! So smooth too. (Just kinda wish that the Sword Peg was slashing instead of thrusting…)

The thrust is fine for the sword, but looks a little odd for the axe.

1 Like

The axe slashes. Look carefully and you’ll see it.

6 Likes

It is a little difficult to see the slash imo, I didn’t really see until I looked really carefully, if the blur were slightly bigger and had a more visible curve I think that would solve the problem