FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

This was uncalled for and I’d appreciate it if you kept such comments to yourself in the future.

Obviously if Joe Random had decided that those sprites don’t give off “unmounted cavalier energy”, it would have gone under the radar because Joe Random isn’t the de facto project lead. As it is, there was a grand total of two responses to a comment by a primary maintainer and high-visibility contributor stating that he disagreed with the artist’s classification, to which the re-response was to comment that people were “flipping out” at a “cackling megalomaniac”. I think it’s reasonable enough to push back on that characterization of events.

More importantly, if you have something to say about staff conduct and priorities, I’d rather you say it to me rather than making vague comments into the void.

(don’t derail the thread further with responses to this; my DMs are open if you want to talk about anybody’s individual conduct)

EDIT:

For the record, I think that, maniacal cackling aside, the rest of Klok’s response was excellent for actually being about the art.

6 Likes

That’s the one holiday single people be scoring hahaha

Context: married people usually give money (angpao) to unmarried people during chinese new year

2 Likes

Is that why I still get hongbao even though I’m in my late 20s…?

Free money is free money

What can i say

Enjoy it until you have to give it

I am so lucky none of my cousins have kids, imagine the drain on my wallet

1 Like

Not really a complain, but more of a question;
Recently @Pushwall released/added generic Buff druid animations, so it would be cool if someone did some buff dark mage animations to go with those. Asking here because I feel anyone else would be able to do it much better than me.

Arguably he’s also the one who will get used out of the three most often, must be awkward

1 Like

Another question: are the generic Lizard portrait, and
The lizard brigand map sprites f2e? Asking because I’ve noticed there are no Lizardzerkers map sprites in the repo.

Why 7743 is creating a remade of FE8 in the FE8 engine? :v

This is a version of “[FE8 Eirika-Variant] [F] Priestess Celica T2-Style by EA6. Magic” with the critical rotating light motion of “[Custom Lance] [M] Halb-Lancer v2 by Jj09. Magic”.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/830486493293183048/1045023306715234344/FE8_Eirika-Variant_F_Priestess_Celica_T2-Style_by_EA6_cutom.7z

It is to play in Super arena.
Kaitou starts the ura(back) stage (9+9+12) after you complete the main 33 chapters.
When you can go to the back stage, you can go to Arena.
In this Arena, various strong enemies appear.
To enhance its content, interesting battle animations are needed.

Figured I’d put these out here since this seems like the best place if any.
So have my attempt at adding a little bit to the generic soldier portrait by
giving them some extra color to the trimming of the armor.
I made sure to test them and they do work fine.
I got these working for my Master Quest hack.
The blue one is my favorite palette.

Soldier Generic
Portrait Editor Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Master Quest.gba_107@6B _0182B7F0
Portrait Editor Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones Master Quest.gba_111@6F _0182B860

6 Likes

Cool mugs, but next time post them here:

2 Likes

@Shuusuke thanks i hate it :sob::sob:

We, as a community, are inching too close to building an army and trusting nobody

3 Likes

Sorry if this isn’t the place to ask for this or if it’s a sensitive topic or anything, but whatever happened to @yoshthethird? It’s been 2 or 3 years since yosh was active and i can’t seem to find his deviantart, was it deleted?

Mind writing down who these characters are?

About these map sprites. Are they based on anything in particular? Is this how assassins in Berwick Saga work?

Assassins are invisible in Berwick Saga. Super Thracia has a class called Novistador, which is a wallwalking class (picture SotF Phantom movement) that’s also invisible. The Novistaor/BWS Assassin map sprites are based on this concept, which is why they only have moving sprites. I included a blank 16x48 png next to them as a “standing sprite.”

Imperfect One is an enemy class from Super Thracia that’s basically a vaguely undead enemy civilian, hence the use of the trainee map sprites.

super thracia is fucking weird bro

Welp that’s evil AF. Invisible enemies? What was Kaga thinking?

he wasnt

1 Like

Ruin has come to FEU…

10 Likes

Now i want a darkest dungeon based hackrom lmao
PD: no i don’t, that would be hell

4 Likes