FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Why does Eirika get to flip but the skellyboi doesn’t get to jump?

1 Like

because I’m now reduced to local hooman that got tired after exposing my eyes to blurry frames for about 3 days straight :’)

Find me the full motion from the dark-dark basement of IS and I might just do it

I actually posted the GIF in the repo thread for reference but imma just post it here again T3T

also, goodluck indeed if you are indeed going to create the blurry as all hell anim

1 Like

Hello, I found an error with some spell animations of Forblaze FE6 for FE8 did by @SHYUTERz. I can’t import them with FEB, says left a frame “frame_000.png”, I tried with Forblaze FE7 for FE8 and works normal.

“Myth: the fallen lords”

Takes me back, thanks.

I have a suggestion. The spell animations should be separated into light/dark/anima folders etc. like the tome icons are since there are so many of them. That would have the additional benefit of freeing up the prefix descriptor to be [Fire],[Thunder],[Wind] etc. within the subfolders.

I am defenitely biased in this request though, as I’ve been excited to port FEH animations since I figured out how to cleanly rip them, and plan on contributing a bunch.

5 Likes

Whilst I can’t predict if it’ll be merged, you could fork the repo, re-organize it to your wishes and make a pull request.

:eyes:

3 Likes

I like this idea. 'Cuz right now the spell category is clustered at best and messy at worst. And being able to separate the anima spell types into their own categories would make those animations easier to find.

Im not sure if we will ever get those spell gifs to display like the battle animations or the portraits. But we should definitely clean it up a bit before that ever happen.

I’ll probably be moving some stuff around through the week.

3 Likes

Until we get some sort of system or method of making actual good-looking spell anim previews, it’s always going to be a struggle to standardize and cleanly organize spell anims. They just look bad.

As for organizing them into subfolders, sure. I just never cared that much about organizing anims that are a pain to figure out how they actually look and sound ingame. It’s a good idea though, so I’ll leave it in JJ’s capable hands if he wants to fix that folder up a bit.

2 Likes

I’m surprised by how fast the spells were reorganized, but one oddity that caught my attention is that Parthia and the Binding Blade Fire are both fiery projecticles associated with a bow and a sword, but Parthia is in the Fire category while the Binding Blade Fire is in the Other category.

I thought I moved the Binding Blade fire into the fire category, because I thought it was weird being in the other folder too. I guess I overlooked it.

It should be fixed sometime soon.

Yo so about my dagger valk and now priest, mind if the (Daggerang) anims be under 4.Handaxe ? it’s just that i sync the frames up with handaxe frames so it’d be easier for peeps to understand what spell anim they’re meant to use them with i think

2 Likes

Nice.
FE is a character game and I think it should show they faces.

@ArcherBias can you make sure to format your map sprites according to the filenames in the Repo?

More like this

2 Likes

What section should i put these under? Separating these between folders could be weird. Maybe just a subfolder in the cav one called like “dismounted sprites” or smth? i dont think the repo rly has any dismount sprites rn, so i just dont know if there is a precedent

If all of your map sprites are just various dismounted cavs sprites, then I will place them all in the mounted folder. I will maybe make a dismounted subfolder if that doesn’t break anything.

I know it isn’t a traditional cav sprite but it’s probably the best spot as of now.

Gotcha. Ive done the renames

1 Like

Thanks for the renames. As far as what folder to put them in, it depends on how many of them there are in total. Putting them in the mounted folder is perfectly fine for now. If a bunch more get eventually added, making a folder right below Mounted for them will work for me.

Edit: Looking at them more closely, I don’t really even get ‘dismounted cavalier/paladin’ energy from them. They could just as easily go in the normal infantry folders as:

Keyword (Gender) Dismounted X {Credits}

I’ll put some additional thought into where to place them…