FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

not really, but since it’s a helmetless version of the warrior anims i assume the timing’s the same right? it just saves you time

1 Like

you can copy the warrior axe and bow entry in the battle animation menu, expand data and then paste it on the new slots

2 Likes

Ive actually changed a few small timings on the animations, thats why I asked

thanks a lot for the help! will try doing that

1 Like

aa well it shouldn’t be too difficult to mod the base warrior anims to your timing

1 Like

If you plan to do an export and replace, for either helmetless or helmet, and depending on how much you change, you have to
Export the original Helmet/Helmetless Warrior animation and have it as the EXACT name as whatever you are naming your own helmetless warrior. I.E Export/Dump All → Save as “Warriorhelmetless”. Then afterwords, move your own to replace those file but don’t delete any other images.
Then import the animation via the TEXT file, which will pull in all the replaced and images in that folder. It’s very specific so if you changed anything via filename you might get an error.
And after that, you will still need to check the frames themselves because the animation will use the original’s, not yours, animations.
That’s the easiest way without having to do everything by scratch. Also, it will probably not have separate colors for Enemy/NPC/Gray but not always.

1 Like

Just going to throw this out there: I see people linking the repo Github itself everywhere, but I advise when directing newbies to the Repo, you link them to the OP of the Repo topic.

The reason I recommend this is because the OP itself has a lot of useful links, including instructions on how to browse those useful Readme.md files, as well as a tutorial on how to use Github.

I’d also advise changing the !repo command in FEUcord to link to the OP, not directly to the Github.

4 Likes

Unrelated to your post but I wanted to ping you because this is important.

The brown haired green armor knight is not available for public use, as it is based on a real person and they did not give permission for their likeness to be publicly used. Please remove it.

We had this discussion before.

2 Likes

Let’s hope I yeeted the right one.

I’m fine with removing them, it’s whatever.

But… did you… even read what you just posted? Have you forgotten what we actually said? You submitted those and they got added LOL. Like scroll down in that very post, bro.

Anyway if you want them removed, sure. No big deal.

So that’s on you :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Fairly certain the

Was in reference to the post that he quoted. IE

So yeah, you did have the discussion before.

1 Like

Did you read what I posted?? Since the beginning I said the brown haired knight is not free use, the rest are fine. Because it is based on a real person who did not give permission for their likeness to be publicly spread. Just get rid of that singular sprite, nothing else.

1 Like

Just to be clear, you mean this one right?

that’s the one

1 Like

Asset repo maintainers should respect any artist’s wishes regardless of whatever your policy for the repo is. In the end, yeah, you removed them per the artist’s wish, but why do you have to say this?

Just do whatever the artist want. Done. There’s no need to fuss about all of this, tbh. Not saying you have to bow down to the artists, no, but it’s more to artists have their right on every creation they made. Especially when they ask you directly about it.

In this case, GabrielKnight had already stated in their first post from way back then. But what if there’s an artist who wants to retract their F2U things from the repo? I doubt it’ll go well if you keep going like this.

Also a bit of a stretch, I know it’s great that you add F2U things from the artist’s galleries by your own (repo maintainers), but would it be nice if you notify us about it? Even though it’s just a small gesture, but I’m sure artists would appreciate it.

it’s like
“yo i added your F2U stuff into the repo”
“cool beans”

8 Likes

This was from the dark, lawless times of the repo. Nowadays there’s such more quality control and only stuff posted explicitly on the repo thread (and CCC, it’s a part of the contest) goes in.

Honestly, there’s a lot of cleaning up to do, but it’s going into the right direction. Sorry for trouble.

9 Likes

Screenshot 2022-09-06 132525
can I just ask why leo link’s smoother f!myrm anim is titled like this? I think this name in the repo is a bit misleading considering it’s next to redbean’s fir anim, which is designed to specifically imitate fir’s outfit, whereas this is more geared towards generic myrmidons
Screenshot 2022-09-06 132602
I feel it should just have the same name as the male equivalent here. It’s not, like, a huge issue or anything it just comes off as a weird decision to me

1 Like

I actually agree. I can have it changed later.

2 Likes

I can answer this. When I added it to the repo I thought it was just an edit of basic FE6 Fir, hence the name. But yes, it should be changed the same as the male.

Due to troubling past events I have no interest in going into, I’d like to ask that these commissions I got from Glaceo be removed from the repository. As I commissioned them, the sprites belong to me.
image - 2022-09-07T004223.134image - 2022-09-07T004241.07843a06e413310eb0d5519ab757243741334050541 (1)
Please remove these three from the repository as soon as possible.
If you are still using these sprites in your projects, I ask that you change them as soon as possible

9 Likes

I’m fine with that. But. It would be a lot more helpful if you actually told me where to find these portraits. I’m not scanning ten thousand portraits visually :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually found the cat girls. No idea about the other one though.

1 Like