FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Well, anyway, if someone is willing to make a good still of an ‘improved’ or female version of a class, I am willing to animate. I am currently working on Leo’s female Myrmdion.

3 Likes

I think we can all agree there are some very lackluster animations in vanilla FE, and there are some animations that are overall far better. As an example…

Top Tier:
Swordmaster (Pretty smooth animation, good repaletting abilities, male and female versions, gold standard)
Rogue (Very fluid, fun to watch, easy to repalette)

Middle Tier:
Great Knight (Smooth, fluid, but middling palette options)
Dark Druid (Fantastic and badass animation overall, but very difficult to repalette)
Warrior (Absolutely fantastic animation on all fronts, but awful palette options)

Low tier:
Ranger melee attack (Clunky animation overall)
Soldier (It’s just bad)

Etc.

However, I wasn’t looking for a ‘job’ list. Just a general thought of ‘what animations in GBAFE could use some new variants but don’t have them?’

If you call it a job, it inherently becomes unfun, since this is a hobbyist fandom. That being said, I think the overall intent was fine.

Like, some of these things make sense.
Upgrading ranger sword? Sure.
Female Fighter V2? That would be nice.
Nomad V2? Uhh… is that necessary? Vanilla Nomad is just fine, imo.
General 2.0? We have a BUNCH of new Generals, so I don’t see any point to this one.

My original thought wasn’t “which vanilla animations don’t have new versions let’s make them all!” It was more like, “Which really bad/low tier vanilla animations could use an upgrade?”

Anyway, appreciate the list. I’ll keep it in the back of my head.

2 Likes

So?

11 Likes

I like the axe

1 Like

Well, yes, I just wanted for it to look more like the original Warrior since you already had the stance from the bow animation.

Holy CRAP. Sephiroth, and his animation actually looks as cool as it should?! Christmas came early this year!

Edit: Would any spriters care to add map sprites for this Sephiroth anim?

5 Likes

Thank you.
Since I can’t make map sprites, I’ll request that someone make a map sprite for Sephiroth from me as well.

2 Likes

there’s a Cloud animation in the repo so of course Sephiroth had to show up at some point lmao
dude can sense whenever Cloud has gone more than 10 minutes without being physically and emotionally traumatized, pus he’s got that burning desire to never let the duration between trauma last longer than an hour
so if Cloud’s in the animation repo, Sephiroth knows exactly where he must go

5 Likes

He has come to give us dis pear

3 Likes

would we have the animation of Aerith Gainsborough?

I’d prefer to see a redone Cloud first to match up with how excellent Sephiroth’s animation is. The current Cloud is a bit old.

It was made in like, 2006. Iirc it was the first full-custom animation for GBA romhacks ever. Impressive at the time, but nooooot great compared to today’s spritework.

This actually looks a little more polished than I remember. I guess Dark Seraph revamped it at some point?

2 Likes

I’ve found that after loading 2 or 3 class pages (depends how many preview images per page), Google Drive rate-limits the image requests and no more animation previews load. Has anyone else had issues with this? Just something I think Shin should be aware of while building the bot.

2 Likes

the sephiroth sprite was made around the same time, they are of equal outdated quality

2 Likes

Wow, this animation has been around for that long.
I was only 4 years old at the time lol

3 Likes

If you have an Aerith Gainsborough sprite, I can make it for you.

1 Like

I have Cloud base on Zack blademaster.

Sword

8 Likes

Okay, THAT looks like the original Cloud animation. The one I posted is definitely more advanced.

2 Likes

So those are Aerith’s map sprites, or a female monk? I’m not sure I follow what you made.

Aerith map sprites. They’re based off the monk, but could very well be used as such as an alternative, or really any other magic based class.

1 Like

Over on my main thread, I posted a status update and all that boring shit that nobody actually cares about, but since I finally was able to post it all, I’m putting all my F2U F2E stuff here so people can see it easier.

Here’s all my F2U F2E portraits that I have no use for, packaged into a single png as well as a downloadable folder because copypasting them all in individual is a pain, and I already did it on my main thread

Well, I hope this isn’t too late for you, Klok.

LANCE BERSERER FINAL

Bowzerker Standing Map-1.png (1)-2.png-3.png (1)-3.png-3.png-1.png (1)-1.png-1.png (2) (1)

Bowzerker Standing Map-1.png (1)-2.png-3.png (1)-3.png-3.png-1.png (1)-1.png-1.png (2)

Bowzerker Lance FHawkzerker

I said I’d consider it after the fact but… Well, several months later, and on a slightly cold but not cold enough because Indiana doesn’t get properly cold until the end of November, I did it.

Included is:

• An update to the existing Female Hawkzerker moving animation, which had a slightly buggy position for when the axe is held down during the Selected anmation (bottommost frame);
  • Sword, Lance, and Bow variants for the Female Hawkzerker;
  • Dart/Hawkzerker Sword variants, as those are already in the Repo;
  • And two additions to the battle animations in the form of Lances and Bows.

All F2U F2E.

Credit for the original Female Hawkzerker map animation is to Pik and DerTheVaporeon; the original Dartzerker map animation was by WarPath; and the original Female Hawkzerker battle animation is to Pik and Maiser6.

…no, they aren’t formatted correctly. I’m lazy as hell. You know this.

44 Likes