Fan Games - Including Casual Mode

I’m new to Fire Emblem Fan Games/Hacks. I’m only really interested in those that come with a Casual Mode (STOP! Put the torches down!). I’ve done some research, and found a few, but I’m wondering if there’s a definitive list of them somewhere. What I’ve found so far are:

The Divine Twins’ War
Blessed Heart
Fall of Thabes
Justice & Pride
The Grand Uprising
Vows of Fate

Are there more that I’m missing?

Thanks.

Edit: I’m not sure if it’s because this is a new account, but I can’t seem to reply to anyone. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I also had no idea I could so easily do it myself. I’d never heard of FE Builder. I’ll have to look into that. Thanks all.

1 Like

Sacred Echoes has it, but then again, so did Shadows of Valentia.

I don’t think there’s a definitive list anywhere, but if you’re willing to play work-in-progress stuff, my own hack, Three Legacies, has a Casual Mode (though it is of course designed primarily with Classic in mind). It’s a Three Houses sequel that crosses into a few other FE settings (but doesn’t require you to have played any of them to understand it, though expect some degree of spoilers for 3H if you haven’t), and gameplay-wise is designed to provide a meaningful but fair challenge. If you do give it a try, please let me know how it goes!

Sacred Echoes by HyperGammaSpaces (which is officially complete as of recently) also has a Casual Mode. It’s an extraordinarily well-made demake of Shadows of Valentia with revamped maps and top-notch artistic presentation across the board. Worth a play whether you’ve played the original or not.

Pokemblem by Vesly is a very unconventional hack, re-creating Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen in the Fire Emblem engine and seamlessly blending Pokemon and FE mechanics. Highly, highly recommend giving it a look if you’re a fan of both series. The main game is fully complete up through beating the Elite Four and Champion, though while there were some plans for it the postgame has yet to be made. As a Pokemon game, there’s no permadeath, you can revive your mons at any Pokemon Center.

Another WIP hack, OC Emblem Redux by PurpleMage is a sillier hack filled with fun characters and funny references, and having helped the creator with playtesting I can say the gameplay is fairly solid, though not especially challenging for the experienced FE player. It has a casual mode toggle in its Game Options.

I’m sure there’s more out there, of course, my own knowledge is just limited. While most designers prefer to focus on Classic Mode, Casual Mode is a fairly easy option to add in with the patches that now exist, so I’d be very surprised if this list was all there is.

3 Likes

Aside from the ones mentioned Vision Quest also includes a casual mode.

(In any case, you can add the function to almost any hack using FEBuilder)

2 Likes

My Sacred Trilogy hack also features a casual mode.

You can add Casual mode to almost any FE8 hack via FEBuilder very easily by patching it. Lmk if you need me to walk you through it.

My own hack Host of the Dark has a turnwheel if that counts