Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

Poleaxes ignoring the weapon triangle is intentional. (I thought this used to be listed on the R button text for them?)

3 Likes

I’m going to take a guess that the Worm spell worked when it hit but glitched when it missed?

Thanks for the report, that’s great to know! Should be an easy fix (I hope).

Pro Beta Testing TIP: If anyone encounters battle animation related glitches that hang the game you should soft reset and when you resume chapter hold down the L button and the game will turn off battle animations. That way you don’t have to start the map over again. And then, of course, please report the glitch! Thank you.

3 Likes

Uhhh not sure, :sweat_smile: I do remember Natalie being poisoned by Worm, but that might just be my fevered brain’s poor memory.
Edit: the game works fine when a different shaman hits with Worm. :man_shrugging: dunno what’s happening here

1 Like

I guess the question is: “have you seen a Shaman MISS an attack with Worm?”

2 Likes

No, you’re probably right :sweat_smile: I haven’t seen a Shaman miss with Worm. Sorry for the misinformation.

1 Like

No worries! I appreciate your help!

3 Likes

New patch has been uploaded with the issue fixed. Update log included in edited post.

4 Likes

I’m sure this has already been pointed out but I noticed a pixel disappear in Arch’s (your) hair animation while he (you) blinks.

3 Likes

So, we do have a few exciting things brewing beyond just getting the game into a stable state! First on deck is a story overhaul for Raven’s Tale. In hindsight, the premise of Raven’s Tale created some continuity issues with the Cornwall sub-plot in FE7. To rectify this, I’ve been working with @HyperGammaSpaces and @Levin64 to rebuild the script from the ground up.

More to come! Even though 2021 is the year of the boomer hack (there are two FE7 hacks from the early 2010’s back in development again, two big Elibe hacks currently in development, the Hack of the Year, Deity Device, uses FE4 unit layouts and big maps, etc.), I do want to modernize and revise certain aspects of Elibean Nights to create a stronger experience for players.

For example, we’ll also be exploring the map and unit layouts in order to fine-tune or revamp things to address some of the more anachronistic eccentricities of EN. Except the cave map. The cave map is exactly what it was intended to be: terrible. That’s why it is the perfect map.

25 Likes

Excuse me.
I was interested in your hackrom. So I want to play the game you made.
※I don’t speak English, but I’m going to translate it into Japanese for myself and play it.
I’m sorry if I ask the same question as others, but where can I find your latest PATCH?

3 Likes

This is the patch SHYUTERZ :palms_up_together:t3:

2 Likes

Look above☝🏽
I meant to reply to your comment😅

2 Likes

Oh, thank you! (。•ᴗ•。)

6 Likes

To access Kent’s tale (requires the talk chain between Lyn, Kent and Sain), do I have to pair Lyn with Kent? With her default pairing (Rath), it doesn’t show up.

1 Like

You unlock it by playing through Lyn’s Tale while she is paired with Kent. That’s when you can complete the ‘Talk’ command events between Kent, Sain, and Lyn that you need to complete to unlock Kent’s Tale.

2 Likes

Oh my, that’s very kind of you to say. Truth be told, there are a couple of Elibe references in Deity Device. They just aren’t jumping up and down, waving their hands like the Jugdral references. I wanted to make it feel like it could exist within the world of Fire Emblem. But FE7 is the latest game in the series that gets referenced, so I guess it is a boomer hack.

I watched a playthrough of Elibean Nights quite a long time ago, but I was skipping around to watch the story segments because I wasn’t a huge fan of the presenter’s style. I’m looking forward to seeing the new release.

2 Likes

I don’t know what version it was since its been so many years but I remember the Lyn gaiden being the only time Bartre and Karla show up. They didn’t appear in the ending cut scene and my question is whether that ever changed?

2 Likes

UPDATE: I’m hoping to get an updated “delta testing” patch out as soon as I get the story revisions completed for Raven’s Tale (within the next day or two, hopefully). There are a couple of significant glitches that have been fixed since the last patch as well.

For anyone who’s curious, we’ve essentially ended up swapping the bosses of Raven’s Tale and Louise’s Tale/Pent’s Tale part 2 in order to support the story changes in Raven’s Tale.

Bishop Cedric has been recast as the current head of the Western Order of the Elimine Church, and the Assassin Elisedd has been moved over to the tale that focuses around…assassinating Pent. Crazy, I know. I’m very excited about the revisions to Raven’s Tale and I believe that it has become a much more compelling narrative. Looking forward to sharing it with you all!

Stay tuned!

11 Likes

I just realized after all these years that Elisedd doesn’t have a super long goatee, that’s just his hair resting on his shoulder. I always thought that was an interesting design choice lol.

Glad to see that you’re feeling refreshed and enjoying working on Elibian Nights again Arch. Love the new ideas for the project and glad you got the bonus chapters working after so long!

4 Likes

Please add Storch Vision Quest.

8 Likes