Elibean Nights - Final Draft [PLAYTEST PATCH, 6-5-21]

Amazing in can wait for new version :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I did another thing(s) for this other than the cyclops btw
Unlike the cyclops I have been too lazy to release them so look forward to some stuff

38 Likes

Those dragon animations are crazzzzy

1 Like

EN 2021 hype fam.

27 Likes

We must go back to the past to undo the future that is Aku.

Mega special thanks to @HyperGammaSpaces for working through the process to remove ye olde FEditor CSA 1.0 and upgrade Elibean Nights to run the modern CSA, made by @circleseverywhere and ported to FE7 by @7743. And also thank you to @SHYUTERz for recreating the Apocalypse animation!

When I was a kid just starting on this project, the idea of importing a spell animation from another FE game was impossible. I remember many years ago the first documented attempt to port Apocalypse to FE7, so this has a bit of sentimental meaning to me as well. The future is crazy y’all.

24 Likes

Holy shit. The future of hacking is now.

13 Likes

Ooh, I love Apocalypse. IMO, it does the black hole thing the best out of all the dark spells.

1 Like

For years, I’ve gotten complaints from more fans than I can count about one of the EN cast’s biggest exclusions. “How could you forget him?”

The people have been clamoring, but I left their cries unanswered.

The most important character in FE6 was nowhere to be found!

But no more.

That’s right.

He’s finally making an appearance after all of these years.

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING

https://i.imgur.com/fEAzyAd.png

Credit to @Valak for the sprite work.

24 Likes

This was hotly anticipated.

2 Likes

Finally, Ohtz!

4 Likes

What a time to be alive.

2 Likes

Longtime followers of EN will know exactly how much of a pain in the ass this one has been for me.

Despite several attempts, I just could never seem to keep the Bonus Content feature in a functional state. There have always been issues with certain extra content not loading, cutscene maps somehow glitching, etc.

Well, I figured it was time to do something about that. I’m happy to report that 100% of the bonus content is in a perfectly stable, working condition. A few kinks to iron out, but otherwise it looks like we’re in great shape!

I’ve also revamped the way the hub works. Previously, the units wouldn’t spawn unless you had already unlocked the bonus content. Now, in the year 2021, I’ve implemented some quality of life features to help the player access all of the various extra content contained in this screen. If the content is not unlocked, the unit will be grayed out (just like how it works in the Achievements hub). When talking to a grayed out unit, you’ll be given the unlock conditions for each piece of bonus content.

You’ll notice four units on the top row separate from the rest. While talking to most of the units on this hub map will allow you to view extra cutscenes that further explore characters and lore, there are a few extra goodies coming in the Director’s Cut.

• Bonus Tale #1 - Astolfo: This is a quirkly little puzzle map that I put together at some point. Control Astolfo as he loots Ostia Castle, but don’t get caught! The tale explores Astolfo’s origin story as an Ostian spy.
  • Bonus Tale #2 - Igrene: Work through the desert while controlling Hawkeye and Igrene. At the end of the journey, you’ll get to see Igrene’s appointment to succeed her father and serve as the next Guardian of Nabata.
  • Bonus Tale #3 - Guy: The final showdown between master and apprentice, you can choose to control either Guy or Karel in this one-on-one fight.
  • Bonus Tale #4 - Athos: Although EN is set between FE7 and FE6, this tale goes back hundreds of years to further explore the moment Athos first met Nergal. This was inspired by Nintenlord’s Athos Mode hack, which I wanted to pay homage to since he was the creator of Event Assembler and taught me how to create custom events.

Now we just need to get a functional Smithing Kit and the two most cursed elements of EN’s buggy source code will be slain.

20 Likes

After all these years…

It’s good to see you back in action full swinging Arch.

4 Likes

These updates look very promising. I’m happy to know theres great stuff coming.
Do you have any idea when you’ll release it?

1 Like

Cool stuff, Arch. It’s nice to see you hacking again.

Real talk tho when are we getting Debias’ tale to rope in the project ember fans??

4 Likes

Someone finally said it

1 Like

Being semi-serious, I feel like he and Legance could honestly fit in Hector’s Tale as (non-playable?) cameos. We’re meant to see Hector as the “hero” of the tale, but Dawson’s words advocating progress being crushed for a return to the status quo could very well lead some loyal folks to turn their back on the ruling system in place and seek alternatives. (And, as Legance says, he recognizes the reality of attempting to ward off Bern and being subservient to them is potentially better than being conquered and wiped out in his mind, especially when he has no faith in the system that preceded things under Hector’s rule…)

Perhaps if Legance was there, he also might remember that a small coalition of the other Lycian provinces wasn’t enough to overtake Ostia previously, which is another reason why he might want to support Bern capturing the city since, outside of Etruria (welp), there isn’t a force on Elibe that could really contend with their military might. If he could convince them to let him stay on as a regent of sorts and rule Ostia and the Lycian League under them, then…

(Not that I want Arch to spend more time adding things to EN)

3 Likes

Nope! I’m not superstitious, but I am a little bit stitious… My experience is that deadlines, publicly announced release goals, etc. just tend to cause me problems. All I can say is…

Thanks! I’m having a blast working on this again without all of the pressure and negativity that seemed to accompany the project back when I decided to drop it. Here’s hoping that continues! All the build up from years of “EN 2020” memes just took the fun out of it, almost like a mental block. The public reaction has been very great and supportive so far. I’m looking forward to finally being able to call this thing “complete.”

6 Likes

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FINAL PRODUCT. THERE ARE STILL KNOWN DOCUMENTED ISSUES. Please refer to the “Bugfix and Progress Log.txt” file.

I am publishing a public playtest patch for anyone who is interested in helping out. What EN really needs is a thorough effort to identify and eliminate all of the various small glitches, bugs, etc. I can’t fix things that I don’t know about, so that’s where playtesters come in!

It is important to document any issues that you encounter while playing and report them to me. I’d prefer that you send your notes to me via Discord or by sending a private message on the forums to avoid clutter in this topic.

Also just a quick reminder that this is an FE7 ROM hack, not an FE8 ROM hack. Patch accordingly!

Changelog Update 1
  • In matchmaking, Luke is an npc out of bounds which throws the cursor out of bounds if you scroll through the NPCs and then go to home
    FIXED

• Farina is loaded as a Falcoknight in Matchmaker instead of a Searph Knight
    FIXED

• Bronze Axe and Bronze Bow are missing descriptions.
    FIXED

• Silver Poleax and Iron Poleax are missing descriptions.
    FIXED, UPDATED TO SPECIFY WT NEGATION EFFECT FOR ALL POLEAXES

• Worm spell freezes the game when it misses
    FIXED

• Add brown text boxes at the start of each tale indicating the location and calendar year
    DONE

• Numerous units in Tale Select have unusable weapons in their inventories
    PARTIAL FIX

16 Likes

I couldn’t find any mention of it in the bugfix/progress log, but the shaman on the bottom-left pillar crashes the game (using Worm). I encountered another Worm-using shaman earlier and it the game played fine, so I’m not exactly sure what happened here. I also noticed that the Steel Poleax is not affected by the weapon triangle (or at least lacks the arrow indicators).

wtd

2 Likes