Dorcas Emblem 2.1

Have you ever got a feeling like,

Well then!

Aren’t you in luck.

Presenting Dorcas Emblem 2.0!

Featuring all new Dorcas content!

Individual Dorcases now somewhat identifiable!

Text and graphics overhauled to scratch that Dorcas itch!

Obligatory mutton memes!

Shocking surprises, and much, much more!

What are you waiting for? Play Dorcas Emblem today!

So yes, this is basically a FE7 reskin, but there are minor gameplay changes as well - though all in the spirit of fun rather than obnoxious romhack difficulty, and honestly only to the player’s benefit.

I made the first version of this a little over a year ago after seeing that post at the top. Version 2 has individualized Dorcas portraits for everyone (except the original, who’s the original, and the lords - because this is Dorcas Emblem after all, but don’t worry, they all got some love as well, in one way or another) and a few more graphical changes, along with a few… tweaks here and there.

It’s available as a UPS patch and requires a FE7 rom. Please report any errors, oddities, or instances of unDorcased individuals!

Update 12/12: I was informed that the generic monk animation crashed the game. I seem to have fixed it. I’ve updated the links to version 2.1. Also, tweaked the unpromoted handaxe animation for Lyn a bit.

20 Likes

Dorcas.

1 Like

What the heck did you just hecking say to me, you little Dorc? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Dorcas Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Dorqua, and I have over 300 confirmed Dorcases. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top Dorcas in the entire Dorcas armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another Dorcas. I will wipe you the heck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Dorcas, mark my hecking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, Dorcas. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Dorcas across the Dorcas and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, Dorcas. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your Dorcas. You’re hecking dead, dork. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare Dorcas. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed Dorcas, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Dorcas Dorc Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable Dorcas off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy Dorcas your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your hecking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit Dorcas all over you and you will drown in it. You’re hecking Dorc, kiddo.

5 Likes

Build an army

God, not only is this amazing, it has the Eliwood JoJo crit too.

Please release that

My favorite thing so far is LYNWITHAXES and the fact that the original Dorcas went unedited.

Has the tutorial been killed or will I still need a save file to skip Lyn Normal mode?

Yes, we still need the good 'ol 100% save file to skip Tutorial Mode.

But if you don’t play the tutorial, how will you learn about the Dorcas triangle?

It’s important to know that Dorcases beat Dorcases, you know.

…But yeah, any normal FE7 save should be compatible if you want to unlock hard and/or Hector modes.

[quote=“felixargayle, post:5, topic:3092, full:true”]
God, not only is this amazing, it has the Eliwood JoJo crit too.

Please release that[/quote]

However, I refuse.

well okay fine but only because you asked so nicely.

Oh my god the bard and monk animations are absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed them!

Update 12/12: I was informed that the generic monk animation crashed the game. I seem to have fixed it. I’ve updated the links to version 2.1. Also, tweaked the unpromoted handaxe animation for Lyn a bit.

I’m guessing anyone who was interested in playing has already seen these by now, but for anyone not too keen on playing FE7 again just to see the new stuff, I threw together a video to show off the new animations in action.

Click me

https://youtu.be/gR2RWxzQQW4

3 Likes

The dancer and warrior crit are my favorite. You’re an amazing artist.

EDIT: Also the Hector axe crit.

Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed them.

The Hector crit animation had my sides broken.

1 Like

Just saying this hack is incredible and I legitimately respect the amount of effort and detail put into it. It’s amazing, hahaha.

2 Likes

Please don’t sue me :cold_sweat:

[quote=“L95, post:17, topic:3092, full:true”]Just saying this hack is incredible and I legitimately respect the amount of effort and detail put into it. It’s amazing, hahaha.
[/quote]

Thanks!

Let it just be said that I have yet to even open this in VBA. I went looking around in FEBuilder, and never has a hack made me rolling on the floor laughing off the portraits alone.

Now this is how you make a good hack.

Good job on this. The portraits are easily my favorite part of this, my personal favorites being Sealen, Jan, Lucius, and Nino.

~~Actually meant that I laughed pretty hard :joy: