[COMPLETE][Lex Talionis] Myriad Fortunes - Blackjack

How do you beat the game?

As mentioned in the intro scene, at any time while playing, you can use the “Goals” option in the menu to see what your current overall objective is. If you keep doing them, you’ll beat the game.

EDIT:::
Pushed a quick little patch because I forgot I was in the middle of insertions in the last update, so the Roulette code would cause a crash.
But on a brighter note, two new characters to play against should be fully implemented, so woohoo.
EDIT AGAIN::::::::::
A couple of surprising bugs were reported, but easily squashed, so I’m pushing an earlier release than I expected with the fixed in question.
But more importantly this release includes more recently submitted characters to the roulette pool!
And remember you can join the discord too and submit your own units to play blackjack against!

2 Likes

This is exactly what it says on the tin and it’s so damn fun if you enjoy blackjack. A must play even if you’re not familiar with the game, it’s rather simple.

1 Like

I have already lost one guy to this game. Take it down before it takes more.

3 Likes

Got sucked into this blackjack experience, have beaten it twice now. Are token counts for your opponents supposed to carry over into NG+ (as in, if you took all their tokens last game then after beating and restarting they still have 0 tokens? And if you play as a different character from last time your former MC still has the amount you finished the game with?)

1 Like

Yes, but as I’m reading this, I’m only now realizing that could potentially slow your second playthrough XD. All characters also should be keeping their play/loss counts.
New Game+ was an after thought I included at the very end and didn’t have much time to test, so there are a few things like this I overlooked. Of course the player does keep their money, so you can always just buy a bunch of Tokens lol.
I’m probably still going to keep the character Token/play counts, but I could loop through all the units to rejuvenate the economy. AKA I’ll get any unit with less than 10 tokens back up to 10.
Thanks so much for playing, I’m glad you’re enjoying it <3 And if you’d like don’t forget we’re still accepting submissions for characters, and with the new I’m going to be doing something extra fun with them.

Popping in to drop a sneak peek of a new update that’ll be coming before the end of the week.

A much longed for feature, the ability to play as the player submitted characters.

EDIT:::
The newest version of Myriad Fortunes is released! Now you can play as any character in the entire cast of the game.
Warning, your experience of the story may be lessened as the additional characters are not as impactful narratively lol.
however, if you just want to have a fun time gambling as Puzon, this is the update you’ve been waiting for!
Speaking of Puzon, a Puzon related bug has been fixed. Too many cooks, as they say.

EDITER:::
Just released a patch which fixes a number of odd behaviors I blame Puzon and adds a newly submitted unit to the pool.
Remember the submissions are still open so if you want to play blackjack with your own character, head to the Discord server and look for the pins in the submissions channel!

5 Likes