Buff Skills

Is there a Spectrum equivalent, like Rally Spectrum and Spectrum Stance?

No, I didn’t bother. They all only activate when you attack (so that enemy phase tanking does not get out of hand), so I don’t think a Spectrum version can really stack.

1 Like

hum…fair enough. Waiting to see the lists then. Strength Taker would be a nice fit for Karel in FE7.

Critical Bravado: After defeating an enemy with a critical hit, gain +4 Str/Skl.
Critical Surge: After defeating an enemy with a critical hit, gain +4 Mag/Skl.

Min-Maxer: After attacking an enemy, gain +1 Str/Mag/Spd -1 Def/Res.

Devil’s Placebo: After attacking an enemy with a Devil effect weapon, gain +3 Skill -1 Luck.
Devil’s Favored: After attacking an enemy with a Devil effect weapon, gain +2 Luck.

1 Like

Here you go:
StrengthtakerMagictakerSkilltakerSpeedtakerLucktakerDefensetakerResistancetakerMovementtaker

6 Likes

Oh yeah, another one from Heroes – not one that directly grants buffs, but that interacts with them: Bonus Doubler, doubles the effect of your active buffs during combat (Each stat +X, where X is the current bonus to that stat)

1 Like

Came up with a few, not particularly attached to the names and I left values vague (as just + or -, or % for some percentage).

“Synchronize: After initiating combat, copies all your buffs and debuffs to the target.”
“Equalize: After initiating combat, both units’ buffs/debuffs get added up and split equally.” (If one unit has +2 str while the other has -3, after battle they both become -1 and so on.)
“Hot Potato: After initiating combat, transfers all your debuffs to the target.” (If you have -2 str, your debuff is cleared and the enemy gets -2 str)
“Plotter: After initiating combat, debuffs the enemy based on your buffs.” (If you have +2 str, the enemy gets -2 str, but if you have -2 str the enemy does not get +2 str)
“Exploiter: After initiating combat, buffs yourself based on the enemy’s debuffs.” (If the enemy has -2 str, you get +2 str, but if they have +2 str you do not get -2 str)
“Legend: Converts all debuffs on unit to buffs.” (If the unit would receive -2 str, it becomes +2 str)
“Treasure Rush: After obtaining an item/gold, +skl/spd/lck.” (The “x obtained/was pilfered!” must appear, so the item/gold must be obtained through opening a chest, dropping from an enemy, stealing, desert treasure or event)
“Covetous Rush: If an enemy obtains an item/gold, +spd/mov but -def/res.”
“Recovery Re-Route: If at full HP and standing on terrain that would heal, max HP increases up to the healed amount instead.” (Unit at full 20 HP standing on terrain that would heal 10% HP, gains +2 max HP)
“Against All Odds: If unit is below %HP or is afflicted with a negative status, buffs do not decrement each turn.”
“Healthy: If unit is not afflicted with a negative status, debuffs decrement more quickly each turn.”
“Resilient: If unit is above %HP, unit cannot receive debuffs.” (debuffs that were applied while the unit was below %HP are not removed)
“Magic Channeling: When hit by magic, +mag/res.”
“Body and Mind: Whenever the unit would receive a buff to only str/mag or def/res, the other stat also receives the buff.” (+2 str or +2 mag would both become +2 str/mag, +2 def or +2 res would both become +2 def/res)

Sorry if any of these are the same/similar as other suggestions, as I skimmed through them.

1 Like

Btw, I did not make temporary boosts to your max hp a thing. I did, however, add mov as a skill that can be debuffed/buffed, as it wasn’t one before.

2 Likes

In keeping with the pokemon theme:

• Defiant: Gain +4 STR/MAG each time one of your stats is debuffed.
1 Like

Okay, so I made a StartOfTurn calc loop to run various skill effects there. I then made the following skills:

// Hone _ : At the start of your turn, give adjacent allies up to +3 _.
// _ Oath : At the start of your turn, gain up to +4 _ if adjacent to an ally.
// Rouse _ : At the start of your turn, gain up to +4 _ if not adjacent to an ally.

I liked the ones above and they seemed easy to do, so I also made Initiative skills.
// _ Intiative: Begin the chapter with +7 _.
I named them based on Fates boons: Clever, Strong, Deft, Quick, Lucky, Sturdy, Calm, or Nimble (movement) Initiative.

So that’s 40 skills made so far, but a lot of them are pretty similar. I’ll need icons for these 32 I just made, too.

Now that I’ve finished these sets of skills, I’ll start picking individual skills I like or that sound easy to make. Thanks for the ideas, everyone!

Edit:

Does this include dance status effects?

4 Likes

It indeed does include them, It would be a way to incentivize using something different from the basic dance.
It would make it a very niche since it’s up to the player if they want to force said buff to trigger instead of an additional action, and it would still be quite limited if dancer rings remain untouched in what uses regard. It would also mean making poison status something to be desired since the additional bulk might compensate for the damage taken
You could also use this idea to emulate Guts from Pokemon, giving additional STR if inflicted status

1 Like

Rouse Icons:
RouseStrRouseMagRouseSklRouseSpdRouseLckRouseDefRouseResRouseMov

3 Likes

Uhhh… Possible Initiative things?
1STRInit2MAGInit3SKLInit4SPDInit5LCKInit6DEFInit7RESInit8MOVInit9SPECInit

For no specific reason other than ‘may as well’, a ‘Spectrum’ one as well.

4 Likes

Oath Icons:
StrOathMagOathSklOathSpdOathLckOathDefOathResOathMovOath

2 Likes

Question on the Hone skills…once the effect triggers and i get the buff, will i lose it if i move away from the person who gave it to me, or only when the turn ends?

The stats deplete at the start of each turn the same way pure water does. You can move freely - they will not disappear.

2 Likes

Wait, does this mean that buffs lose it’s stat bonus only by -1 each turn? Taker skills would actually be quite good if that is the case

Hone Icons:
HoneStrHoneMagHoneSklHoneSpdHoneLckHoneDefHoneResHoneMov

3 Likes

How do these interact with lull skills? I’m imagining the same as heroes but I’ll ask anyways.

Oh i like Critical Bravado, seems like a shoe-in for FE7 Karel’s style of combat. It also seems like it could snowball out of control pretty fast…love it already.