Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

As always, Tobin does something almost right, but it just doesn’t cut it.

5 Likes

well… i dont know how i managed to do this

4 Likes

(Warning: death screech towards the end)

ORG $00329E
    SHORT $46C0 // nop

In theory this should make everything go lightning fast (And I do mean everything), but of course this generates a non negligible amount of graphical glitches, missing screens, cut sounds and crashes.

Credits for the “idea” goes to @7743, not me.

7 Likes

no way

7 Likes

World map graphics are the best characters in Fire Emblem, guarding the borders of the realm.

6 Likes

11 Likes

He got faked out hard

Nah, he is just posing after he hit a 73

Double spell glitch post from Snakey reee
I felt this one was too entertaining to go unshared.

10 Likes

The bandit reared back and unleashed his mightiest magic. “By the name of Lord Nergal, I banish thee to the shadow realm!”

Jaffar watched in slow motion as heaven itself rent in half and a bolt of lightning raced toward his face. “Too slow…”

The mage gasped as the Angel of Death moved at inhuman speeds, faster than the speed of light. His agility was so incredible that he left a miniature black hole in his wake, sucking the energy from the lightning bolt into the ether.

The mage’s heart stopped as, within a split second, the Angel of Death appeared inches from his face.

“Die.”

The bandit never felt his head leave his shoulder. His last words as he faded away were little more than a weak gasp for breath.

“N…Nan…i?”

10 Likes

Who in the name of Trump is this artist?

1 Like

oops

7 Likes

21 Likes

10 Likes

Franz is really awful at using that staff.

I see no glitches… Only some super badass ASM. :smile:

1 Like

How to break your rom in one easy step: …I have no idea, I was just cleaning up some text files and this happened.

EDIT: (Warning: explanation babble)

Copier headers, like many other SNES issues, are to blame. 512 bytes of uselessness trip you up annoyingly often, especially when one text file requires you to turn off the header size command because the pointers used are based on the base of the pointer table instead of the base of the bank, therefore causing severe underflow and thereby pointing to something else entirely. Why did I write up a thing about me breaking my rom? Because headers are annoying, and I needed to let it out in the glitches thread in case anyone understood my babble. The end.

8 Likes

Inside of the glitchyness, I think I see a few words Sigurd…olg…and Barts, everything else is lost

When you don’t expect signed numbers

14 Likes

this looks soooo nice

is that an EXP bar as well?

1 Like