Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

It’s probably because I requested it, too. Whoops.

3 Likes
6 Likes

7 Likes

What is the Princess of Talis called? It’s different in every region, so we had to censor her name out.

1 Like

i changed 4 bytes to 0x00 and this happened

(well 6bytes if you count making lyn a sage with thunder)

4 Likes

Seeing that made me think of something:
If devil tomes were ever made, they should do that instead: the spell animation(when it strikes) would occur on the user’s side! Let’s turn glitches into features!

3 Likes

I T ’ S A F E A T U R E
Yes it is a complete sentence jatwood

1 Like

It looks like the souls of the FE3 units are determined to not let me remake their game. They’re forming up on the statscreen and staring me down…

2 Likes

Imgur

Yes, that’s a Paladin on a Ballista. Don’t ask me how it got there.

I suspect giving Snipers C0 in Ability Slot 1 is at fault though

4 Likes

C0 is 15 crit + ballistae, so no, that’s definitely not the problem. Even if it was, it wouldn’t affect the paladin class, since, y’know, sniper != paladin.

1 Like

I surmised as much, given that me giving Snipers C0 works normally most of the time.

I’ve been noticing weird stuff happens with non-boss units that have the “drop last item in inventory” tag, fwiw.

Mystic was learning how to insert map palettes.

2 Likes

For some reason, the Link Arena shows up twice. Selecting the highlighted one restarts the last played save file. If no save file was recently played(resetting, for example), then it defaults to the first chapter, and the options are set to the Link Arena’s default options. All units are allies as well for some reason.

1 Like

By any chance did you unlocked the Sound Room by default?
That happened to me last time, and it was because the values on the offset were changed.
And for some reason, the save file carried over the problem, I had to delete it and start again.

Yeah, I unlocked the sound Room by default by editing those bytes. Is there a reason for that(the double link arena), or is it unknown?

Anyway, I was attempting to understand how THE_END works(or how to edit/customize it), when I found some ASM codes near the pointer to THE_END’s events and started calling some of them. Here is the result:

Summoning the character endings directly through ASM(top character blanked for suspense):

Summoning the save screen directly through ASM(last file blanked for suspense):

After saving/not saving, and the game does not hang on a black screen(no edits):

Summoning the chapter results screen directly through ASM(no edits):

5 Likes

I have no idea, because I didn’t notice when it first appeared.

Also, I think I created another world-destroying magic spell.

3 Likes

If I do a glitch hack can you make me spells thx

1 Like

7 Likes

12 Likes

ffs nothing gets posted here for 5 days and right when i post smth it gets ninjaed

8 Likes