(15+) Sanctaea Chronicles (SRPG Studio, Fully Playable)

Maybe you mentioned it earlier in the topic, but I’m lazy. Who makes your art?

The halfbody portraits are being done by FuranSuwa. However, it will be a long time before they can be implemented fully and used for their intended purpose. For now you will have to settle for looking at the completed ones in the game’s Gallery.

Here are the generic Cavaliers!

Remember that Cavaliers in this game come in Sword, Lance, Axe, and Bow varieties.

There are more playable Cavaliers (between these four varieties) than playable units of any other class. What I’ll probably do is go ahead and post the generic Cavaliers and wait until later to post the playable ones.

I’m almost done writing v3.0’s Support chains and should start playtesting soon, among other things.

7 Likes

That… is certainly not a typical Cavalier outfit. Does look quite nice, though.

(Unless mounted knights have some special role in your setting, that ties into the outfit?)

I just felt like experimenting with non-white skin colors for generics. Paladins and Great Knights will also probably have this darker skin tone.

You may notice that most of the class portraits don’t have much in the way of body armor. This is mainly to make Armors look more heavily armored in comparison, though even their suits of armor will look more sleek and elegant compared to what you typically see in Fire Emblem.

3 Likes

Small progress update. I’ve sent Arch the download link for the FEE3 2019 demo of Sanctaea Chronicles. Hopefully we’ll be able to see it in action.

I’d like either Mekkah or Mangs to play it. Mangs would get the game some more recognition, while Mekkah already has experience with the game from playing it at last year’s FEE3.

As for things that need to be done to make the game ready for release, I need to not only finish testing the new chapters and writing the instruction manual, but also rewrite portions of the story and Support conversations to make the Church of Saint Ariel (including a new playable character named Margaret) more relevant. This includes making Lee, Chaucer, and Omar people working for the church rather than leading members of a generic Resistance that quickly becomes irrelevant.

4 Likes

Here are the playable Cavaliers.

I’ve finally resumed playtesting of individual chapters, having just wrapped up testing for Chapter 17. Once all chapters are playtested individually I can do one last playtest run of the full game and then v3.0 should be ready for release.

I’m hoping I can release v3.0 on the same day the game gets shown off at this year’s FEE3. If I have some spare time beforehand, maybe I can do some more work on that instruction manual.

7 Likes

Quixana has a nice stache

1 Like

The stache is as expressive as Quixana is and I love it!

Another progress update. I’ve just recorded Sanctaea Chronicles’s FEE3 2019 video with Ukulele from FEUniverse. It was quite entertaining; I got to talk about the game and give him hints as he played through Chapter 16.

I’ve also been doing the full game playtest for a while now and am on Chapter 16 myself. There may be a couple more kinks in the boss’s AI that I need to work out. But as videos aren’t actually due until the 31st, that should hopefully give me enough time to finish this playtest run and consider the game ready for release.

Chances are I’ll just release v3.0 as soon after watching the uploaded FEE3 video as I can, similarly to what I did for v1.0. I’ll just work on the instruction manual as I wait for feedback on v3.0 to roll in.

2 Likes

Ashaki is my spirit animal.

Can this be played on mobile somehow?

Sadly, no. SRPG Studio games only seem to be compatible with Windows from what I’ve observed. Sorry.

1 Like

It’s alright, i played in my pc long ago and i wanted to see how it updated. It seems a lot better now, i hope it keeps improving!

1 Like

Thank you for your support. v3.0 should be on track for release shortly after the game’s FEE3 video gets uploaded.

3 Likes

Happy Halloween Von !!!:candy::grin:

v3.0 is now available! It’s got 21 of 28 Chapters playable and adds a few new characters!

Your save files for previous versions should technically work with it, but you will likely encounter errors such as now-cut weapons turning into Bronze Swords. So I would just start a new playthrough if I were you.

A feedback survey has also been added to the OP. Please consider filling it out when you’ve finished this version of the game. Thank you.

4 Likes

This question is already on the feedback survey, but I’d like to go ahead and get an idea of the extent to which people are willing to desire such a major change:

As you may know, this game uses FE1 and 3’s WLv system for weapon proficiency, which I know quite a few people dislike. Indeed, from the outset I wanted to use Weapon Ranks like in most games, but WLv is what SRPG Studio uses by default, and by the time I found the plugins that allow for Weapon Ranks I was almost halfway done and weary of dedicating so much time to redesigning the game back around Weapon Ranks.

I’m more willing now to make the changes for v3.1, but doing so at this point will significantly delay its release as I need to fix/rebalance every single class, weapon, and unit for its inclusion. I’d like to know whether people would rather the game stick to WLv for a faster release or change to Weapon Ranks for a progression system that more people will like.

1 Like

…You know what? I think I’m gonna just go ahead and switch over to Weapon Ranks for v3.1. Nobody on Serenes Forest or FEUniverse ever gave feedback on two different revisions of the same major release, so I don’t think people are going to care that badly if they’re playing v3.0 already and are probably going to wait until v4.0 (the full, but not final release) to play the game again.

Yeah, I think we’d prefer the traditional ranks, if anything. However, I say, do what you think will make the game better. For me, I would always choose to innovate or try something new, but using a more tried and true weapon system is just as good of a choice. As long as you think it will make your game better; do it.