1 Screen Mapping Blitz/Challenge

Nice! Trying to top that will definitely take a while.

1 Like

For this challenge, I wanted to try something new. That is why I made a fire/volcano map.
I called it Shrine Fortress!
Here it is:
Shrine Fortresss

This map is F2U and F2E so go ahead an make this an awesome chapter!
Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zkfqgj0YoKMCL5EAPvHFqMkvEHB1R53I?usp=sharing

A bit of story:
This map is either an early game shrine map or a mid to late game gaiden chapter. The main party has retrieved a sacred MacGuffin and suddenly a bandit steals it :open_mouth:! This gaiden/ story chapter will unlock after the player takes too long to complete the previous chapter, because that gives the thieves/brigands enough time to steal it from you. The good guys will have to steal the MacGuffin back!

For those of you who are interested in how to design a chapter with this map, here is my insight:
Example

1. Player Placement
  2. An enemy with a 2 or 2+ range weapon. It helps for creating difficulty in the main part of the fortress.
  3. When you attack an enemy placed here up close, you will stand on a lava tile. The player must chose between baiting and attacking up close or with range. Enemy 2 is able to provide range support if the player decides to rush.
  4. An armor knight that doesn’t move with a key for the door.
  5. A ranged unit that attacks units that try to break the wall.
  6. Treasure chests. If you make this a gaiden chapter, make sure there is some juicy loot in there. :wink:
  7. The boss that stole the MacGuffin!

I hope that this map can be of use! :smiley:

13 Likes

Nah mate your the one that nailed it.

3 Likes

Eh, take another.
Start in the bottom left, and the boss is on the bottom right fort. Defend the lakeside villages from bandits!

Tileset is vanilla Fields. Download the map here.

Also, I’m willing to take requests for more 15x10 maps. Let me know if you have any!

4 Likes

All F2U and F2E. They all use FE8 vanilla tilesets; the specific one is in the file’s name.

Download (10 Maps)

If you don’t want to download all of the maps, each map also has its own download link listed below.

Map 1 (Overworld)

Map1_01000203
Download

Map 2 (Town)

Map2_0E007210
Download

Map 3 (Fort)

Map3_3C003D3E
Download

Map 4 (Ruins)

Map4_6C00A36E
Download

Map 5 (Castle)

Map5_1800191A
Download

Map 6 (Overworld)

Map6_01003803
Download

Map 7 (Overworld)

Map7_01000203
Download

Map 8 (Castle)

Map8_1800481A
Download

Map 9 (Carcino/Sacae)

Map9_2E002F30
Download

Map 10 (Overworld)

Map10_01003803
Download

7 Likes

And here’s even more stuff, because why not?

A ship in three states: docked at port, alone at sea, and boarded by another vessel. Download links in there. Free to edit as usual.

As with before, using N426, Zora, and Venno’s edited Village here.

6 Likes

Wow, I’ve been doing a lot of these.
Eh, they’re fun, and I’ll never turn down an excuse to show off my Epic Mapping Skills:tm:. Here’s a desert!
Once more, split it into four 15x10 chunks. Tileset is one of the Desert Bastion versions, made by Gamma, Zoramine, and N426.

Top Left: The Trail

A basic path through the dunes, lined with a few trees. Start in the top right, and the boss is in the bottom right. There’s a heavily guarded shortcut through the cliffs; take it at your own risk!

Top Right: The Ruins

A long-abandoned building; now inhabited by bandits - or worse. Start on the far left, and the goal is to seize. A thief goes to loot the chest if you take too long.

Bottom Left: The Graveyard

Cliffs lined with the skeletons of long-dead men and beasts; treasure awaits there, along with great danger. Start on the far right, and the goal is to rout or to visit all bones within a time limit.

Bottom Right: The Oasis

A place to rest amidst the danger of the sands. Start on the far left, and the goal is to reach the village (and possibly defeat a boss on it).

Download the 29x19 map here. Free to edit, as usual. You’ll need to do tile changes yourself; I was too lazy to bother.

11 Likes

the 1 screen mapping blitz fandom is dying, repost to uhhh

i forgot the rest of my joke

just take this map

Heavily inspired by some FE12 early-game stuff, this map is designed to make for fun and challenging gameplay. You start in the bottom right, and the boss is somewhere in the top left. I even have some partial enemy placement!

• 1: Enemy infantry with 5 Movement, 1 Range, and “attack in range” AI.
  • 2: Immobile enemies, probably with 1-2 range.
  • 3: An Archer; might move to attack, or not.
  • 4: A Brigand with 5 move, who rushes to destroy the red house if you don’t catch him in time.
  • Obviously, some stuff is missing, including the boss and some enemies on the far right. You can fill in that yourself!

Once more, using this tileset by N426, Zora, and Venno.

The map is free to edit with credit, as usual. Download here.

9 Likes

RandomWizard singlehandedly keeping the blitz alive! Maybe I should make another 1 screen map or 2.

3 Likes

Maybe you should. Map practice is always nice, and more free-to-use materials for people are too.

Fun fact: N426’s updated Castle tileset is amazing. It has loads of depth in what it’s capable of, and looks great doing it.

In fact, I made several 15x10 maps with it! Here, take a look.

Map 1: Forest Cabin

A small house in the forest; well-furnished, with nice wood floors and a table. A fine place to relax between the battles and wars of Fire Emblem. Best used as a cutscene map, but I could see it working as a seize map (start outside, with a party split in the bottom left and top right), or as a defend map (start in the inner room).

Map 2: Underground Prison

You or your allies have been locked up in these underground cells. Make your escape and free the other prisoners! Probably best off if you start in the bottom left or top right, with the goal of reaching the other of those points (to escape in the top right, or to defeat the boss in the bottom left). Recruitable green units are in the prison cells.

Map 3: Outpost of Fort Gaiden

Who doesn’t love Fire Emblem Gaiden? Well, a lot of people, but that’s besides the point. Start on the far right, with an objective of seizing the throne or routing the enemy. Archers fire at you from the side rooms.

Map 4: The Baron's Castle

The enemy commander or corrupt noble is fortified inside their castle. Make your way in to defeat them! Start all the way on the right, and the objective is to seize the throne. A Thief emerges from the stairs and tries to loot the chest room.

Map 5: The Castle Moat

Fire Emblem needs more castles with small buildings enclosed within a great wall. The bridge should start off unavailable, but the hidden switch in the bottom right lowers it and opens the gate. Start in the bottom left, and the goal is to seize or to defeat the boss.

Map 6: Royal Great Hall

In this grand throne room, the ruler holds their court. Do you seek to protect them, to receive orders from them, or to strike them down? It could work as a seize map with you starting in the bottom right, as a defense map with you starting around the throne, or simply as a cutscene map.

You can download all six of the maps here. They don’t have tile changes, though; you’ll need to do those yourself. As with my previous maps, all six are free to use and free to edit.

15 Likes

Random Wizard makes a Prison map and it’s cooler than mine

Those maps are actually fire though, I should make some more!

4 Likes

Gaiden :eyes:

1 Like

I love most of the maps shared here but the ones from RandomWizard are truly something else. I’m a big fan! I really like the idea of one-screen maps, and this thread is proof that you can do a lot with it. I would easily play a game with only those in it!

6 Likes

I decided to make a couple of extra 15x10 maps. Here they are:

Fields 1

Fields 1

Fields 2

Fields 2

Fields 3

Fields 3

Fields 4

Fields 4

Town/City 1

TownCity 1

Town/City 2

TownCity 2

Fortress

Fortress 1

Castle

Castle 2

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LBoJ0kdI0mxi1bJe-I6ACZmVwCNeS78x?usp=sharing
Have fun with these! :smiley:

9 Likes

Hey um…I figured I should let you know that clicking on your link just leads to a pop up that says the files in your thrash and says to ask you to restore it…

1 Like

That might just be a weird malfunction on my end tho, anyways here take this
Seize PNG
I’m going to overhaul this map in my actual hack, so I figured I’d share it’s original one screen incarnation here, just a simple seize or route map in fe8 fields 5, F2U and F2E of course
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13-ZeoXkbOdvOK0aaI-CuUrV_ZuaQurM8?usp=sharing

7 Likes

Ah, thank you for letting me know!

It should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

Someone should host a blitz to turn these all into a 60 chapter hack :eyes:

I like these maps

3 Likes

Np, actually thank you for that small village map, I’ve been trying to design a condensed but raised up village for the prologue of my hack but I was failing horribly, I was wondering if you would mind some minor edits (ie. Literally just replacing the Armory/Vendor with a closed off village or something) because you didn’t specify in your post

1 Like

Glad to hear my map is useful!

All of the maps in this blitz are F2U and F2E if I recall correctly :thinking:
If not, mine are F2U and F2E. You may edit it yourself if you like.

1 Like